• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAM09

Sticking to what I said before (believed the winner of the USA quarter would reach the final) and predicting an unlikely USA win.

jett

D-Member
If Argentina gets one in into their parking lot semi-early, I except complete and utter annihilation to follow.

I'm so nervous. I have a bad feeling about this game.
they are already blocking the garage entrance
20140610-184826-67706324.jpg

Anybody hear the starting lineup yet?

Sounds like Zusi will get the start. No word on Nagbe yet. :( I guess we're going for a defensive shell with the occasional counter-attack. Probably smart. Sounds like Klinsmann is going for a respectable loss, 3=0 or under.

Dartastic

Anybody hear the starting lineup yet?

Sounds like Zusi will get the start. No word on Nagbe yet. :( I guess we're going for a defensive shell with the occasional counter-attack. Probably smart. Sounds like Klinsmann is going for a respectable loss, 3=0 or under.
I genuinely don't think Nagbe is going to start.

One thing that has always sorta been lacking about him, even for the Timbers, is his mentality. He too often looks to make a pass or look for outlets than to spring forward and attack, and Jurgen very clearly has stated that he "wants to bring the game to Argentina" or something of that sort. In fact, I think that might be a major reason why he hasn't played any of the official Copa games; Klinsmann may not think that his mentality is there yet. I don't disagree that Nagbe should get the start, but Klinsmann wants guys on the pitch that have that killer instinct and mentality, and that's one area of Nagbe's game that is definitely lacking.

Line_HTX

Pregame just started and already the empty Nrg Stadium is blasting Avicii's "Levels."

This is going to be good.

Let's go, America!

Most likely to leas likely full-time scoreline:

ARG - 3 USA - 0
ARG - 1 USA - 0
ARG - 4 USA - 1
ARG - 0 USA - 0
ARG - 7 USA - 1
ARG - 1 USA - 1
USA - 1 ARG - 0

Cystm

The bus is on route!

Edit: USA getting off the bus!

This is the unnecessary coverage American soccer deserves!

Edit: These shots of the team drinking coffee out on the pitch scoping it out is surreal. I don't need this, but I need it. Zusi's hair is majestic.

I see 3-1 Argentina. US Scores first and early and Argentina comes back right before the half and gets two more in the second.

Way out there it-99%-wont-happen prediction: US wins 1-0 with the game winning goal in the 87th minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom