• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

I see Klinsy is going for the "wondowlowski, get out and fuck shit up" approach

Edit: who the fuck would be pissed about beckerman in this match? He's been fine and he can get stuck in a few times and kick Messi in the shins. Wondo, on the other hand is essentially the Steven Lenhart of international football

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm certainly not expecting a US win but I would like to see a good performance out of them. Losing by more than 2 goals would suck.

Edit: or like, 4 goals. geez.

Maybe Argentina realize Wondo won't hit the back of a wide open net so they'll leave him open, which'll lead to him redeeming himself and scoring the winning goal. Jurgen playing mind games.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Gana Argentina !!!

Mick+Jagger+con+camiseta+argentina.jpg
Phak yoo.

What's wrong with Beckerman? With Jones out he is literally the perfect guy for this match up.

because we have two much better players not starting

not to mention nguyen who's not even here.

I'm so tired of watching him make the wrong decisions when it comes to our player pool

ZZMitch

I'm so tired of watching him make the wrong decisions when it comes to our player pool

Better at what though? Nagbe doesn't put in the defensive work that Beckerman can. USMNT needs someone to try and disrupt Argentina's midfield and without Jones Beckerman is the best option to do that.

Santiako

Argentina's Eleven: Romero; Mercado, Otamendi, Funes Mori, Rojo; Augusto Fernández, Mascherano, Banega; Messi, Higuaín y Lavezzi.

Lavezzi starting this time.

Cystm

Prediction: 3 - 3 to PKs (US wins) A red card is shown to Romero and Messi puts on the gloves for Argentina. Refs confer with Sunil directly on their ear pieces and award two PK's to the US after the money is cleared. Dempsey takes them both and gets a brace. Zardes scores after touching a pass inadvertently off of the post and knocks it in with his ass while falling. After the match John Brooks drapes himself in an American flag, walks over the body of Levezzi and directly onto a plane awaiting to take him to his new role as starting CB for Man U.

Edit: Lineups released while typing that out. Addendum US wins 4 - 3 Wondowlowski redeems himself and scores the game winning goal from 2 yards out.

shoplifter

Blame Jozy for being made of glass. Also for being bad.

Better at what though? Nagbe doesn't put in the defensive work that Beckerman can. USMNT needs someone to try and disrupt Argentina's midfield and without Jones Beckerman is the best option to do that.

This. Beckerman is playing the destroyer role, and it's one we will desperately need tonight.

Chase17

As someone who doesn't watch soccer too much could someone let me know how tough of a match this will be. Is there a decent chance this is a complete blow out?

ZZMitch

Klinsmann is straight out of ideas. Please make changes at half time if things look grim.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pulisic and Nagbe on at half if U.S is down by 2 at half. I'm not surprised they aren't starting based on the way Klinsmann has used them in the last few games.

ZZMitch

As someone who doesn't watch soccer too much could someone let me know how tough of a match this will be. Is there a decent chance this is a complete blow out?

I think the score with be pretty close but that Argentina will be controlling the game for the most part.

gutshot

I don't really see a blow out, to be honest. The US's strong suit recently has been their defense. They also won't just give up the way Mexico did.

3-1 Argentina is my prediction.

Nagbe and Pulisic are not proven international quantities especially on the defensive end which we will need loads of tonight.

Mory Dunz

Beckerman is decent in possession, and defendsive positioning...

however...being good at positioning becomes less useful as a CM, when you become slow as dirt. I've seen him take up good positions, and still get blown by simply cause he's too slow. He can tackle when the ball is right there though.

JJDubz

Wondow will play the game of his life, score a brace, and get a penalty call for Deuce to knock home. 3-2 US
pls

Brashnir

He is good at the MLS level, but cannot handle the pressure of big international games. So, naturally he starts against the best team in the world.

Even beyond that, he doesn't really fit stylistically what the US needs in this match. Their best chance to score is with speed on the counter, which is not Wondo's game. I would have preferred seeing Zardes move up front with Johnson taking his midfield spot, and keeping Besler in the back.

Hopefully Zardes can still take advantage of his speed in midfield on the counter, and/orWondo pounces on some fluky bounce on a set piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom