• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crowd is good for this match tbh. Problem is these NFL stadiums are too big and are going to look empty. Most stadiums for these competitions outside the main matches usually are 30-40k stadiums. Probably should have used MLS venues for matches like this one.

This.

And fantastic save.

But yeah, it's not uncommon for lesser games to get low attendance in big tournaments. It happens in Europe as well. It's just the organizers for this tournament vastly over-estimated the demand and priced out most people, which would have helped fill the seats a bit more. Using MLS stadiusms for games like this would have really improved the game atmosphere and the crowd view on TV.

That said, the crowd is still pretty lively in this match and they're engaged. It sounds like a crowd that's much bigger.

been texting with a couple friends there and yeah, so far the most amount of people

guess a lot of that is Mexico being closest tho

Anything near the border, we'll bring a pack stadium. Doesn't matter the opponent.

Edit: Reason why I believe USA likes to play us in Columbus

Crowd is good for this match tbh. Problem is these NFL stadiums are too big and are going to look empty. Most stadiums for these competitions outside the main matches usually are 30-40k stadiums. Probably should have used MLS venues for matches like this one.

Yep.

Attendance isn't exceptionally poor. But only filling 50% of 70k seat stadium will always look worse than filling 100% of a 35k seat stadium on TV.

Anything near the border, we'll bring a pack stadium. Doesn't matter the opponent.

Edit: Reason why I believe USA likes to play us in Columbus

In addition, Columbus has a small capacity and access to the tickets tends to move through US supporter groups first. So it is the USSF's way of giving the US a home field advantage.

Texas to California Mexico can fill any stadium. And a lot of the bigger cities elsewhere. It is one of the reasons they play so many friendlies in the US. There are mostly Mexican-Americans attending. Basically, Mexico is the most popular NT in the US.

At least until the WC rolls around. Then a bunch of people follow the US for around a month.

Nerves are starting to kick in.

I think Mex will get out of the group even if we lose, but it would be nice to avoid Argentina in the Quarter Finals.

Luis Saurez is good, but has he ever scored with his face?

Chichados has. Case close on whos better

Agree. It takes a special talent to do things like this.

w1FiEru.gif

That was his evil twin, Chicharron.

Talavera starting GK? interesting.

Edit: The puto chants are seen offensive by FIFA, but they really are not homosexual attacks.
Hell we do it to our own players in Liga MX, even charity games

Salsa

US getting a south american lesson in passionate profanity lol

reminds me when Suarez said "negro" randomly... which is what literally everyone calls black people in Uruguay and it has absolutely no negative connotation and is pronounced a different way

but apparently now he's racist to the world

No superstars makes it kinda bad draw especially when promised through advertising. I know it coincidence with injuries and what not but still

Tecl0n

BTW, Pizarro is officially not coming. Arg will wait for Biglia recovery. Sorry OP for making you change the OP the other day.

I always saw posters for Suarez, Messi, Neymar, and Chicharito. And the only one whos going to play first group game is Chicharito?

thats funny.

We are going to make all the money for Conmebol. If any controversial, you know who to blame /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom