• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

holy fuckin shit Suarez is warming up

he's apparently doing it for kicks and just chattin with the rest passin the ball

you god damn crazy person

Dinokill

I hope Mexico lose. Can't stand the fans! The moment they win a game(Even a friendly) they star to think they are an elite NT.

v1lla21

I hope Mexico lose. Can't stand the fans! The moment they win a game(Even a friendly) they star to think they are an elite NT.
images

Cuz we are.

They might not be a world class football team but at least their players play in CL playing teams with history and championship winning Mexican teams.

Not to knock team US but we don't usually do that which leads to us going crazy when we finally have a player with some connection to a top team. Everywhere else in the world it is expected with a few of their players.

Salsa

Suarez has literally no reason for doing this

I foresee an emergency scenario where if we're losing Tarabez will put him on in the last 10 mins

I mean he technically could

I hope he doesnt tho. they'd straight up break his leg

Suarez has literally no reason for doing this

I foresee an emergency scenario where if we're losing Tarabez will put him on in the last 10 mins

I mean he technically could

I hope he doesnt tho. they'd straight up break his leg

Well Hector Moreno is playing....you now what, just don't attack all game. its the only way

Dinokill

I loved when the US trashed Mexico around in the mid 2000s. From Landon Donovan crushing the Mexican dream in the 2002 WC to the #Dosacero. Too bad Jurgen Klinsmann is destroying the US team to the ground.

The best Mexico team I have ever seen was at the 2005 Confederations cup. That was a really good team.

Oersted

I loved when the US trashed Mexico around in the mid 2000s. From Landon Donovan crushing the Mexican dream in the 2002 WC to the #Dosacero. Too bad Jurgen Klinsmann is destroying the US team to the ground.

The best Mexico team I have ever seen was at the 2005 Confederations cup. That was a really good team.

Totally out of loop, what is Klinsi doing?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Totally out of loop, what is Klinsi doing?

He keeps fucking around with the roster, line-ups, playing guys out of position, and generally has no tactical sense. He'd make a good technical director, but the US needs a real coach at this point. There's a couple of American coaches, pretty good ones, that aren't working and a few that are working and doing really well that would be perfect for the position. US soccer just needs to get their shit together and sack him.

i like uruguay's anthem

Did they play the long version or the short? I was getting a drink.

Salsa

that shot of 2 uruguayan fans with shirts among thousands of mexicans

my heart goes out to them

I had to do that once against Chile and it was tough not to get mad or have my ass kicked

He keeps fucking around with the roster, line-ups, playing guys out of position, and generally has no tactical sense. He'd make a good technical director, but the US needs a real coach at this point. There's a couple of American coaches, pretty good ones, that aren't working and a few that are working and doing really well that would be perfect for the position. US soccer just needs to get their shit together and sack him.

Did they play the long version or the short? I was getting a drink.

Basically what he did at Bayerm

Salsa

oh

so they are actually not holding this thing until they do the right anthem? we're just gonna play after having the chilean anthem played at us?

wow. fuck them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Draconian

I can't believe we're living in a world where something like that can still happen. Whoever made that mistake and whoever said "ahh, screw it, let's just play!" should both be fired.

Mory Dunz

US getting a south american lesson in passionate profanity lol

reminds me when Suarez said "negro" randomly... which is what literally everyone calls black people in Uruguay and it has absolutely no negative connotation and is pronounced a different way

but apparently now he's racist to the world

But isn't it still weird. To even refer to someone by their race.

Like...If I was playing soccer with an asian, I'm not sure why I would ever refer to him as an asian, during the game or whatever. Even if there was a nonoffensive word for an asian person in english...like...dunno I can't see it.
Heck, even if someone was short or tall, saying short person or tall person would still sound off. Categorizing people in general and not using proper names can lead to negative responses.

It sounds like one of those, "This is how it's been for X time, but why is that so, and is it necessarily good/inoffensive?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom