• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Centenario |OT| featuring Messi, James, Suárez and $110 mil in bribes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Oh yeah it all makes sense now

yes yes it does.
knight-en.jpg

anyways Im still laughing at the whole thing..
Gonna pour one out to CR fans in disbelief

Mory Dunz

yeah I don't think they look good despite being 3-0. Great finishing on the last 2 goals but the midfield needs to be better. Decision making during counters needs to better.

Midfield tackling and hustling has been great.

But yeah, when they get an interception, the outlet has been a little lacking. And the holdup from Dempsey and Wood at times.

If I were going to critique anything

Darknight

Wow US kicking ass...Ticos the heck?

Anyways seems Ticos playing at a disadvantage? Ref not calling any US fouls it seems.

This team is going through what Brazil went through lol.

Nesotenso

But yeah, when they get an interception, the outlet has been a little lacking. And the holdup from Dempsey and Wood at times.

also think Yedlin needs to improve a lot with his decision making for everything. Clearances, passes, movement. His pace always bails him out but his game recognition is still poor.

yeah I don't think they look good despite being 3-0. Great finishing on the last 2 goals but the midfield needs to be better. Decision making during counters needs to better.

What was the last time you enjoyed US game? I think they are great! I'm actually enjoying watching this unlike US - Ghana game for example...

Tristam

True, but him being between the sticks would give this defence some confidence. They look lost

Agreed. The US continues to pick up momentum and CRC continues to lose steam in direct proportion. The officiating has been friendly toward the US but I'll take what we can get. This is an international tournament on our turf, so the better the US does the better it is for the sport's popularity here (because we're obsessed with winning).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Our holdup play is always odd when we don't have Jozy. It's just one of those things.

We definitely need to be better when we get an interception, also our finishing could be better. Zardes should have a brace right now and the game should be all wrapped up.

also think Yedlin needs to improve a lot with his decision making for everything. Clearances, passes, movement. His pace always bails him out but his game recognition is still poor.

Agreed, but he's still growing. He'll get there soon.

Mory Dunz

What was the last time you enjoyed US game? I think they are great! I'm actually enjoying watching this unlike US - Ghana game for example...
yea that game was horrible. I guess that's what happens when you score in the first minute against a better team in a WC

Yeah. At least he's better going forward now. As in, he can dribble past midfield without having a huge touch, and actually play a 1-2. One on one defending is a bit better, but yea he gets lost on backdoor cuts JR Smith
Our holdup play is always odd when we don't have Jozy. It's just one of those things.

We definitely need to be better when we get an interception, also our finishing could be better. Zardes should have a brace right now and the game should be all wrapped up.

I'm really not sure why Zardes tried to place that chance, instead of chip it. It was really a chip-only situation.
And for the second chance. Yeah, just put it on target, sheesh

LAM09

Agreed. The US continues to pick up momentum and CRC continues to lose steam in direct proportion. The officiating has been friendly toward the US but I'll take what we can get. This is an international tournament on our turf, so the better the US does the better it is for the sport's popularity here (because we're obsessed with winning).

It's always good for the hosts to go far in the competition. Can they do what Chile did 12 months ago?

Unlikely, but they almost upset the odds at the 2009 Confed Cup and should win it.

Yep but he's improved leaps and bounds this year at Sunderland so he's getting there.

just proof that Wood is one of the better finishers in the pool if he is played centrally.

Also yep. Excited to see what he can do in the 1.Bundesliga

Mory Dunz

HAHA campbell.

Do a random rabona, get pulled at halftime.
Take that L.

reminds me of when Dempsey was doing tricks when we were 0-3 down against brazil in 09' confed group stage. ticked me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom