• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cramoss

I have 2 chilean brothers and I go there almost every year you dummies. I have a room in Santiago

if you think this is me being assholish / salty then you really do forgot the 2010 WC thread

That's cool and all but it doesn't change the fact that you're insulting a country's name. We know it's because of the saltiness but still, man.

Anyway,

11416283_10153244369583941_4317823924136548840_o.jpg

Salsa

That's cool and all but it doesn't change the fact that you're insulting a country's name. We know it's because of the saltiness but still, man.

Anyway,

good lord I get the simpsons "Urgay" here every like 2 days and not even when talking futbol

I think it's pretty understandably within context

but whatever

Salsa

Lol guys this is nothing.

check out the WC 2014 thread, posts after the 1-7 and the finals especially xD

I was legit gettin spelled out "your small-ass country is shit" quoted at me on the 3rd place 2010 wc thread I made and only a few got banned, lol

Salsa

True, I just think it sounds worse because of your "angryness" to this. It's cool.

'course its all good

im really not salty/angry over results, just about shit display

Chile deserved to win, if anything for perserverance. they played better. first-10mins-of-the-match-Urgay just never came back

Tetsuo9

This is the kind of trickery uruguayans do in every soccer match, funny how cavanii fell for that.

By the end of the game someone approached Sanchez and said "sorry for having kicked you the whole match, this is how we play, it's nothing personal".

Anyways, hopefully the finals will be Chile vs Argentina or Brazil.

Ostinatto

This is the kind of trickery uruguayans do in every soccer match, funny how cavanii fell for that.

By the end of the game someone approached Sanchez and said "sorry for having kicked you the whole match, this is how we play, it's nothing personal".

Anyways, hopefully the finals will be Chile vs Argentina or Brazil.

Colombia and Paraguay are gonna win.

Kataploom

Gold Member
What da f..?! Is there a thread for this? Man, shame my team (Venezuela) just loosed, by they were really good, the only problem was that we played with 1 player left against Peru :(

Salsa

you know colombia's playing bad when venezuela beat em

jic: MY EX IS FROM VENEZUELA I WAS LIVING THERE 6 MONTHS AGO /s
but its true

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I'm still shocked at the 23% Uruguayan ball possession. I mean, sure you always have low possession, but 23%???

I also don't get all the robbed comments, you weren't even playing, robbed of what? It was clear from minute one that Uruguay wanted penalties.

Salt, salt and more salt, crying like manchilds. Arevalo Ríos should be sanctioned, he almost ripped Vidal's knee, such a thug.

Seeing the replay of the second expulsion, it was clearly a yellow card. Uruguayans went to hit, and they could have broken a leg there. Awful way to play, glad they are out.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
lol what the hell happened here.

Oh and some chileans are acting like they just won the world cup. It´s funny.
Don't worry. We'll take them out if they make it to finals. Is gonna be so sweet to do it on their own turf.

I missed all the fun here because I went to see the game to a bar.

That fingering though :p

I can't get over how dirty the whole situation is. Caviani is literally getting taking it up the ass and then Jara just goes "oh god, this guy poked my eye" or whatever. Puns aside, these are the moments I hate how FIFA decides not to use the 4th referee (the guy watching the cameras) at all in the game.

What a show it was yesterday. Twitter is still full of salt :lol

I was reading the comments in some uruguayan newspapers and the level of salt, OMFG.

Still, it surprised me to see some of them telling stuff like "lo de Jara, es lo mismo que nosotros hemos hecho durante años, qué lloramos ahora?" or "no podés pretender ganar un partido con un 20% de posesión del balón y jugando con un 1-8-1-1". Those guys know what's up.

Looking at what's next, I'd love a match against Perú. For sure it would be a match to remember. Perú is doing really good, kinda playing like decades ago. I like it :)

"...los celestes jugaron un partido táctico de excepción..."

HOLY REVEREND CRAP. Those guys feel proud of their shitty display of fútbol. Incredible.

Where's the other angle for Caviani touching Jara's face?

EDIT: I mean, does anyone have a link for a video with another angle?, I can't find one, and from behind it certainly doesn't look like anything happened really.

NaM

Lol, so much salt. Uruguay vs Chile is the new SA classic.

Say all you want but Ricci was a joke and had a lot of trouble to stay impartial. I hoped for a tie and then penalties since I think both team suck but Uruguay without Suarez is a no-no, they play like Atletico Madrid which I hate.

Also missing a chilean finger up their ass.

Jara should get a few games off for that at least.

In that case, the picture should be bigger so we can fit there the countless times uruguayan players have been dirty against other guys.

I agree about Jara, he should be punished. What amuses me is to see so many uruguayans crying like babies because of this when they invented all this shit.

Where's the other angle for Caviani touching Jara's face?

They're not going to show it, cause Cavani is just a poor victim, you know?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Also missing a chilean finger up their ass.

Jara should get a few games off for that at least.
He didn't get any games off after grabbing Suarez's balls, I don't see why he should get some games this time; the level of crying here is incredible.

Cavani should not have played the match, and it was obvious chilean players would take advantage of his state of mind; add that he was alone against the chilean defense all the time, since all of the other players were parking the bus.

This is Tabárez fault.
Say all you want but Ricci was a joke and had a lot of trouble to stay impartial. I hoped for a tie and then penalties since I think both team suck but Uruguay without Suarez is a no-no, they play like Atletico Madrid which I hate.
This is exactly the problem with the whole match, Uruguayans were from the first minute trying to get a tie and win by penalties; they played like absolute shit. Good they are out.

Cavani should not have played the match, and it was obvious chilean players would take advantage of his state of mind; add that he was alone against the chilean defense all the time, since all of the other players were parking the bus.
Come on dude, unsportsmanlike conduct shouldn't be acceptable in any direction.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Yeah... Jara's need to get punished.

And Ricci needs to be suspended because he is dog shit as a referee.
Lol. None of that will happen; but it's really sad that some people can't see what really happened in the match.

There is no problem with any of the yellow cards, Cavani's attitude was childish, sorry; and there were some aggressions by Uruguayan players to the referees that went unsanctioned; those are the ones that need punishment (Muslera and others).

Santiako

He didn't get any games off after grabbing Suarez's balls, I don't see why he should get some games this time; the level of crying here is incredible.

This is Tabárez fault.

The fuck, this is the guy who sticks fingers up someone else's butt fault.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
The fuck, this is the guy who sticks fingers up someone else's butt fault.
Whose fault is to put a player alone in attack knowing that he is unstable because of stuff that happened outside the match?

If you can't control yourself, you should not play. Crying like a baby about stuff like this is not helping.

Hearing some Uruguayans, it's like Jara raped Cavani or something.
Come on dude, unsportsmanlike conduct shouldn't be acceptable in any direction.
Of course not, but this situation is getting WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of hand. Stuff like this happen all the time, and 99% of the time, players don't fall for this, so the other stops.

If you have an emotionally unstable player alone against all the defense of another team, it's common sense to try to provoke him.

NaM

This is exactly the problem with the whole match, Uruguayans were from the first minute trying to get a tie and win by penalties; they played like absolute shit. Good they are out.

You may disagree with their gameplay but they did not play like shit, they did their game and lost only to a random play near the end. I don't like that style but you can play football many ways and have to respect it even if you don't like it.

Anyways, I think Jara will be sanctioned. It's the second time he does something similar.

As I've said in previous posts, it's the correct thing to do.

These "practices" should be erradicated. I want to see beautiful football, not 22 thugs competing to see who's more "badass" (see Lugano's post to understand what I mean, he is a known fucker on the field and that attitude needs to be banned).

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
You may disagree with their gameplay but they did not play like shit, they did their game and lost only to a random play near the end. I don't like that style but you can play football many ways and have to respect it even if you don't like it.
23% of ball possession.

That means that they held the ball for 20 minutes (most of that at the first 20 minutes), and watched the other team play for 70+ minutes, while parking the bus.

That is shit play anywhere.

Santiako

Whose fault is to put a player alone in attack knowing that he is unstable because of stuff that happened outside the match?

If you can't control yourself, you should not play. Crying like a baby about stuff like this is not helping.

Hearing some Uruguayans, it's like Jara raped Cavani or something.

Of course not, but this situation is getting WAAAAAAAAAAAY out of hand. Stuff like this happen all the time, and 99% of the time, players don't fall for this, so the other stops.

If you have an emotionally unstable player alone against all the defense of another team, it's common sense to try to provoke him.

Stop. Stop defending the "stick fingers up asses to get a reaction". Should never be a thing. Doesn't matter how often it happens. Jara needs to be sanctioned.

NaM

23% of ball possession.

That means that they held the ball for 20 minutes (most of that at the first 20 minutes), and watched the other team play for 70+ minutes, while parking the bus.

That is shit play anywhere.

Since when having ball possession means anything more than that? pls.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Since when having ball possession means anything more than that? pls.
I mean, I wouldn't have a problem if it was 60-40, 65-35; but 23%? Come on! Uruguay wasn't playing at anything; even Uruguayans agree that they HOPED for a tie and penalties.

When someone mentions "robbery", they aren't talking about having a badly called off side or shit like that; they were "robbed" (according to them) of the penalties. Even Salsa would agree on this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom