• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

I hear you're ex-CPL

Lol I can’t tell if you’re joking or not. I did do competitive old-school CS but I can’t remember what it was called. I hated it because our clan wanted to do practices and scrimmages and I was like “uhh… no thanks.” I remember we won a match once and then went to Ruth Chris’s steakhouse afterwards :lol

f0rk

Lol I can’t tell if you’re joking or not. I did do competitive old-school CS but I can’t remember what it was called. I hated it because our clan wanted to do practices and scrimmages and I was like “uhh… no thanks.” I remember we won a match once and then went to Ruth Chris’s steakhouse afterwards :lol
Was it CAL

soultron

Banned

Damn man. That shit ain't cheap! Must've hit the big time. :p

Haha that's definitely Cal. I played one season (2005 I think) in Cal-O, the lowest league. We got wrecked. There were 4 leagues that I can recall: Cal-O, M, P, and I. A friend of mine actually won all of them except maybe Cal-I, and then went pro. He's the best CS player I have ever seen.

*Edit — And yeah I hated it too. My friends always wanted to practice and it ruined the fun for me. And the Cal matches were always at dinner time so my mom would get mad at me. #highschoolproblems

I love how GO lets you play competitive CS without all that bullshit.

ksan

eu servers seems to be completely borked today, getting connection problem every round, and i wasnt the only one in the game who had that problem

you're right, the red text and the 5 seconds I couldn't move were probably hallucinations from some mental illness rather than any server problems, valve would never let the servers be like that

You can tell their servers are in tip top shape when it doesn't happen to their others games like dota 2.

Or the fact the servers seem to go down on a nightly basis on steam, never happens.

Had the same problems for few days now.

Me as well - and here I've been sitting cursing at my connection :)

I've got a problem with Go crashing alot - especially when a flashbang goes off ? Does anybody have any fixes to suggest? Playing on a mid-11 macbook pro with windows, gfx wise everything is low, mem_level = 0 (fixed my crashes for the last two weeks, but now they're back), have checked integrity.

soultron

Banned
Upgraded to 64-bit Win8.1 today, got a new mouse (SS Rival, was using Razer Deathadder 2013) and keyboard (CMStorm QuickFire XT mechanical, was using shitty old $10 keyboard which probably didn't have any anti-ghosting).

Pretty psyched to play. Hopefully 64-bit Windows will alleviate some of the shitty crashes I was having back with 32-bit Vista... :s

see5harp

I just started playing to test out my new keyboard. I really haven't played a competitive shooter on PC for a while but I held my own. So how do the drops work here? Do you need to play competitive?

I just started playing to test out my new keyboard. I really haven't played a competitive shooter on PC for a while but I held my own. So how do the drops work here? Do you need to play competitive?

What We Know So Far
Average Ammount of Drops Per Week: 2-8
Average Drops Per Day: 2-4
Average Ammout of each type of drop: 2-Crates, 3-Skins
Can drops be gotten on every server?: Yes
Can I be a fool troll and team shoot and mic spam and still get drops?: Yes
How random are the drops?: Very Random
When drops recived: At the end of a game
Winning or Loosing, dead or alive does not effect if you get drops.
Drops only on VAC Protected Servers
Score does not effect drops.
No Drops from playing "Offline With Bots"
Join late on last round and get a drop?: Yes
Steam Levels effect drop amount: No
Drops can drop dupes on you even if you have them
Arms Race Drops: Yes
Local Servers Dont Drop
Can I get drops on an empty server?: No
Drops with bots on a server: Yes
Drops for spectating: No
Idle Servers Drop: Yes, but not recomended Since its against Valve Rules
No Cvars to control drop rates for servers
Two Drops at the same time: Yes
Weapon Exterior/Condition Change over time? No
Higher Chance of Drops on playing Competitive: Yes

see5harp

Thanks. I played like 5 games last night and had a good time. It did seem like there were a lot of bots in the arms race gametype. I think I'll try competitive tonight.

soultron

Banned
I don't think the OP has ever been updated.

Thanks for posting this BTW. I just finally got a new mouse and I use the middle DPI. 1800? with mouse sens a 1.9 Might it be too high?

Most pros seem to use 400-450 DPI. I'm trying this out, finding it hard to adjust. I find headshots easier at range since you've much finer control, but I find 180s and quick reactions in close-quarters to be difficult.

What mouse did you get?

soultron

Banned
Still doesn't confirm/deny that drops work with only yourself and bots in a server. :/

It definitely doesn't work. Trust me on this. Sometimes when I'm in TDM, I'll end up playing 2-3 rounds by myself with bots. I've never once gotten a drop in the maybe 10 hours I've played by myself with bots on the official Valve servers.

@Count: Look at row 50. For some reason the column headings are there, in the middle of the spreadsheet, rather than at the top/row 1.

Most pros seem to use 400-450 DPI. I'm trying this out, finding it hard to adjust. I find headshots easier at range since you've much finer control, but I find 180s and quick reactions in close-quarters to be difficult.

What mouse did you get?
CM Storm Spawn
only does 800/1800/3500 DPI Maybe I should go down to 800 and toy with that.

Still doesn't confirm/deny that drops work with only yourself and bots in a server. :/

I think it may if you get placed on an empty server but the odds seem better with more people.

ah I see it. What is mouse HZ?

soultron

Banned
CM Storm Spawn
only does 800/1800/3500 DPI Maybe I should go down to 800 and toy with that.

I think it may if you get placed on an empty server but the odds seem better with more people.

ah I see it. What is mouse HZ?

HZ is sampling/polling rate, I believe.

I have a Steelseries Rival and a Razer DeathAdder 2013. Both of these mice come with software you can use to set up the finer details like DPI, polling rate, acceleration, and so forth. They're pretty handy since you can make profiles for certain games and get the program to apply those settings to your mouse when you launch the games they're tied to.

HZ is sampling/polling rate, I believe.

I have a Steelseries Rival and a Razer DeathAdder 2013. Both of these mice come with software you can use to set up the finer details like DPI, polling rate, acceleration, and so forth. They're pretty handy since you can make profiles for certain games and get the program to apply those settings to your mouse when you launch the games they're tied to.

Just dl'd it from the XM website. I forgot about that application for the mouse. I'll probably still keep it at 800 DPI and move the ingame sensitivity up a lil bit. I'm bad about testing it though. I usually set it once and adapt to that.

poodpick

That was by far, one of the best matches in csgo history thus far. So many close rounds, back and forth rounds, and just overall excitement in both bo3s

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, finally got a crate drop after 22 hours of playing.

Too bad it''s selling for $.25 or below and crashing. *sigh*

soultron

Banned
Well, finally got a crate drop after 22 hours of playing.

Too bad it''s selling for $.25 or below and crashing. *sigh*

I'll give you a bunch of free skins if you want. Steam: soultron

And if any lurkers are reading this: no, I won't give you skins. Please don't add or ask me if I don't know you.

TheSeks

Nah, I'm cool. The only thing I'd really want is a Karambit to replace the knives. Otherwise I'm cool with the defaults. I'm more annoyed by the crate drop system not giving me crates for watching matches (despite the wording making it sound like that instead of a $25 gift item) during the Winter Sale to where I didn't get one when they were selling at the point where I could make some money back on GO. D:

soultron

Banned
Nah, I'm cool. The only thing I'd really want is a Karambit to replace the knives. Otherwise I'm cool with the defaults. I'm more annoyed by the crate drop system not giving me crates for watching matches (despite the wording making it sound like that instead of a $25 gift item) during the Winter Sale to where I didn't get one when they were selling at the point where I could make some money back on GO. D:

Good luck with knives, man. They're super expensive! I'm not sure you can get them from crates, even... IIRC.

Good luck with knives, man. They're super expensive! I'm not sure you can get them from crates, even... IIRC.
You can. Crates are the only way you can get them aside from buying them off people who found them. They are very rare drops though. Someone in this thread has gotten one before.

I'll give you a bunch of free skins if you want. Steam: soultron

And if any lurkers are reading this: no, I won't give you skins. Please don't add or ask me if I don't know you.
There's a trick with the email tag that lets you post something that can only be read when you quote the post, meaning that only members of neogaf can read it. Don't remember the exact tag, and it's not readily available on mobile, but I'm gonna give it a try:

Edit: Got it on my second try. It's ]email=enter top secret text[]/email[, with the brackets reversed obviously.

TheSeks

PP-Bizon Sanddashed drop. Selling for... jack crap.

WHY.jpg :(

Valve rigs the drop systems to purposely screw with me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom