• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The most expensive item I have is worth 2 dollars I think, I bought it after selling a phoenix case.

The most expensive item I have is worth 2 dollars I think, I bought it after selling a phoenix case.

My StatTrak M4A1-S Dark Water is worth almost 14 dollars. When I first unboxed it it was worth 30. I unboxed a m4 xray two weeks ago and sold it for ten. Taking a break on unboxing for awhile though the odds are really worse than lotto scratchers. I've probably opened 30 or so and 95% of the time get 5-10 cent skins. Selling phoenix crates has gotten me around 20 bucks though so there's that.

Sajjaja

So what are Operations exactly? Just a collection of maps? I want to get into CS more and these special crates seem to make it worth it to buy just for the crate drops. What are these coins I'm seeing on people.

So what are Operations exactly? Just a collection of maps? I want to get into CS more and these special crates seem to make it worth it to buy the crates. What are these coins I'm seeing on people.

Coins mean they bought a community pack, dont buy crates unless you are a gambler, and prices are much cheaper on the market.

So what are Operations exactly? Just a collection of maps? I want to get into CS more and these special crates seem to make it worth it to buy the crates. What are these coins I'm seeing on people.

Operations are map packs made by the community. The money made from passes goes to the map makers that were featured. You can play them on Valve's ranked and casual servers once you buy a pass and get a coin that you can display. With the last operation you got a chance at a special case drop with it's exclusive skins. You can either open the case for 2.50 or sell them on the market. The first couple of day the cases can go for 8-10 dollars a piece then start to drop in price. Right now they are worth around 2 dollars. I made 20 off them.

Oreoleo

Definitely worth it. You'll make back what you spent in about two cases.

Definitely. Most weeks I only get 1 Phoenix case drop but this week I got 2 \o/ If only that had happened when they were still going for $4 or $5.

It's also fun to play the market, buy Phoenix cases low on Saturday or Sunday afternoon when everyone is playing and has drops, sell high Tuesday or Wednesday once the well is starting to run dry and prices creep back up. That's starting to not work so well though, now that there is a big surplus accruing week over week. But hey, free money is free.

As far as operations go, I really only think they are 'worth' it if you want to play more maps in competitive matchmaking. You can still play the maps without the operation pass on community servers, so be aware of what you are actually getting into.

vocab

Getting called a cheater every other match is pretty funny. People complaining I only played for less than 60 hours. I must be cheating. I can't even hold my double ak rank.

Airan

So I gave this a spin after watching IEM, and wow, I don't remember the bullet spray being so 'wild' in the older versions of CS (I could be wrong though, it's been years). I aim pretty much on their body and tap my shots to make 3 round bursts yet the game only registers me as hitting them twice for 50 odd damage. It's kinda infuriating. Are there any tricks/tips? First shot is always pinpoint, etc?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there a way to reset your stats? I know you could in TF2.

Nope, not as I'm aware. I really wish casual matches wouldn't feed into stats. :/ I'd play online a lot more
read: I'd play the game beyond bots
if casual didn't report to stats.

Nope, not as I'm aware. I really wish casual matches wouldn't feed into stats. :/ I'd play online a lot more
read: I'd play the game beyond bots
if casual didn't report to stats.
Don't let stats give you an insecurity to playing with people, they're meaningless really.

vocab

well if you have that avatar, i'd yell at you too

wtf

image.php

My steam avatar is different. :D

Ilúvatar

If anyone is watching SLTV Starseries right now NiP is trolling hard. Can't wait to play Crown after I get all my assignments done that I need to.

Sini

Ilúvatar;104895648 said:
If anyone is watching SLTV Starseries right now NiP is trolling hard. Can't wait to play Crown after I get all my assignments done that I need to.
What are they doing?

Sini

Ilúvatar;104902680 said:
They did a couple Negev rounds at the end of the first half, then to open up their T they did the fnatic strat of crouch walking up Banana with Duellies
Do they save their streams?

Oreoleo

Anyone besides me running into a glitch that doesn't display your score board? Or know how to fix it?

Just won a match in comp, but I can't even download the demo without it becoming corrupted so I have no idea what ranks the people I played with/against were.

Edit: Verified cache and redownloaded 2 files, 106KB, and everything seems in order. Huh.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I've been a real sucker for opening crates lately, I just like using tasty looking skins but now I have 2 Tec-9 Sandstorm and 2 P250 Sand Dunes.
If anyone has anything they'd trade for either of those do let me know.

CoolS

I've been a real sucker for opening crates lately, I just like using tasty looking skins but now I have 2 Tec-9 Sandstorm and 2 P250 Sand Dunes.
If anyone has anything they'd trade for either of those do let me know.

I try to limit myself to 5€ a month for keys and sell everything I don't need. At this point opening crates is basically like gambling and I don't want to become addicted.

Plus if something like in that gif were to happen to me, I'd probably loose my mind.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I try to limit myself to 5€ a month for keys and sell everything I don't need. At this point opening crates is basically like gambling and I don't want to become addicted.

Plus if something like in that gif were to happen to me, I'd probably loose my mind.

Which gif?

Divius

How do drops work? Is it random? What is it based on?

I just played a bunch of games in a row without drops, this guy joins with 1 round to spare and he gets a weapon drop.

Oreoleo

How do drops work? Is it random? What is it based on?

I just played a bunch of games in a row without drops, this guy joins with 1 round to spare and he gets a weapon drop.

It's random. As long as you are present for the end of the match you'll get a chance for a drop. You only get a certain number of drops a week, resetting on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom