• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was rooting for NiP, so I'm a little disappointed, especially since VP won in such a convincing manner. Even with VP winning I would have preferred a match more similar to VP's semi final. VP definitely deserved the victory though, they beat Titan, they beat LGB, and they beat NiP. They are the best team in the world right now. Pentagram are back on top. Good for the scene that a "new team" has emerged at the top. The entire tournament was awesome, so many great matches. The competitive GO scene is looking better than ever. I hope Valve will keep on supporting, or even ramp up their support of the scene. GO at TI, or a seperate event would be beyond amazing. Either way, I hope the next Valve backed tournament will be in either the US or Asia somewhere. Want to see more of Vox Eminor (fuck the mini double bracket group stages), and whatever else Asia/US has to offer. It would be good for the scene if more teams outside of Europe emerged at the top tiers. Also wanna see Germany and Norway reaching the level they were at back in 1.x. The more countries that can compete, the better imo. One dominant nation is the reason I stopped watching competitive SC2.

Sajjaja

What are some tips at aiming in this game. I tend to aim in the general direction but not really aim at them accurately. I get kills, but often I don't think there is much skill involved lol.

Damnit NIP. These guys were undefeated for so long and as soon as the heat got turned up they started losing big tournies. Good on virtus.Pro though.

Also I watched the entire tourney and got zero drops this time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damnit NIP. These guys were undefeated for so long and as soon as the heat got turned up they started losing big tournies. Good on virtus.Pro though.

Also I watched the entire tourney and got zero drops this time.

They kept doing the same thing over and over and over. It's funny, virtus basically "KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEK ZERG ARM RUSH"ed B with the two good players of NiP staying there and being taken out like 3 times in that second round with the other three not even bothering to come and stop them after the first time. I guess because "mind-game" wise they thought they'd rush A after that because "well, if virtus thinks we're all there they'll go to A" but they did this like 3-5 times and NiP didn't catch onto it.

It's amazing to see what Valve has done with the CS scene this last year. I personally thank the Dota 2 acquisition cause it made them care about esports and a lot of these features came from that game. It's like they can finally be forgiven for not giving a shit about 1.6 lol.

It's amazing to see what Valve has done with the CS scene this last year. I personally thank the Dota 2 acquisition cause it made them care about esports and a lot of these features came from that game. It's like they can finally be forgiven for not giving a shit about 1.6 lol.
Makes me hope Valve would do something in the vein of a sequel for Deathmatch Classic and esports it up. Someone's gotta revive arena shooters and I think Valve has the chops to do it.

Wish they showed more interest in TF2's competitive side as well.

Makes me hope Valve would do something in the vein of a sequel for Deathmatch Classic and esports it up. Someone's gotta revive arena shooters and I think Valve has the chops to do it.

Wish they showed more interest in TF2's competitive side as well.

I always thought it would be cool if valve took a stab at 2D fighter.

Omega

Banned
I always thought it would be cool if valve took a stab at 2D fighter.

Would be interesting. A completely original roster or a Dota fighting game?

Talking about it moot though. Valve would never do it. It would be a waste of resources as fighting games aren't even that popular to begin with, and even less popular on PC

Would be interesting. A completely original roster or a Dota fighting game?

Talking about it moot though. Valve would never do it. It would be a waste of resources as fighting games aren't even that popular to begin with, and even less popular on PC

Probably not but I think the Dota model would be perfect for a fighter and would love to see how it would do.

Oreoleo

What are some tips at aiming in this game. I tend to aim in the general direction but not really aim at them accurately. I get kills, but often I don't think there is much skill involved lol.
Lower your sensitivity. Lower.. Lowwwweeeeerrrr.... Keep going ;D

Twitch VOD is being a piece of shit for this NiP-VP Inferno match. 10 seconds of video followed by 30-45seconds of buffering over and over and over. So fucking stupid, guess I'm not seeing how VP gets it done. Fuck you Twitch. Does anyone know if it's on YouTube yet? I couldn't find it.

TheSeks

Twitch VOD is being a piece of shit for this NiP-VP Inferno match. 10 seconds of video followed by 30-45seconds of buffering over and over and over. So fucking stupid, guess I'm not seeing how VP gets it done. Fuck you Twitch.

Download the replay in GOTV?

soultron

Banned
Low sensitivity, no mouse acceleration, low DPI on your mouse.

Aim for headshots always. Know how to control recoil by pulling down if you have to fire more than 2 consecutive shots in a row. Focusing on tapping instead of holding down fire button.

Prefiring corners and wrapping around them also helps in situations when you think someone is posted up and waiting for you to come around a corner.

Crosshair placement is also super important when moving. You should always be checking for spots and clearing areas while having your crosshair at head-level (this changes whether you think they'll be standing or crouching) so you don't get torn up when trying to enter an area that is not safe.

If you look up some tutorial videos from pro players (I think adreN does really good ones) they will show you exactly how to play at a high level.

Sajjaja

Low sensitivity, no mouse acceleration, low DPI on your mouse.

Aim for headshots always. Know how to control recoil by pulling down if you have to fire more than 2 consecutive shots in a row. Focusing on tapping instead of holding down fire button.

Prefiring corners and wrapping around them also helps in situations when you think someone is posted up and waiting for you to come around a corner.

Crosshair placement is also super important when moving. You should always be checking for spots and clearing areas while having your crosshair at head-level (this changes whether you think they'll be standing or crouching) so you don't get torn up when trying to enter an area that is not safe.

If you look up some tutorial videos from pro players (I think adreN does really good ones) they will show you exactly how to play at a high level.

Lower your sensitivity. Lower.. Lowwwweeeeerrrr.... Keep going ;D
Soultron nailed everything, here is one of the videos he recommended. Adren has a ton of really good ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9mvXfnY8wU

Thanks guys.

Lowered my sensitivity from 6 to 3, and disabled in-game mouse acceleration (which I didn't know was on). Seems to be already making a difference for the most part.

In terms of DPI, how low? I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 and its DPI is 1000. I don't think theres an option for that.

soultron

Banned
Thanks guys.

Lowered my sensitivity from 6 to 3, and disabled in-game mouse acceleration (which I didn't know was on). Seems to be already making a difference for the most part.

In terms of DPI, how low? I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 and its DPI is 1000. I don't think theres an option for that.

I have mine to 450, but I have an optical mouse where I can set the DPI/CPI to whatever I like.

This all depends on how "serious" you want to be when playing CS. I have a large mouse mat and sweeping across the full length of my mouse mat matches up to a full 360* spin in-game.

It takes a lot of getting used to in order to play effectively at low sensitivity, but it generally makes pulling of HSs at long range very easy since you have such fine control. Also, it will often mean that if you're getting snuck up on in close-range challenges (if you didn't clear an area, your teammate isn't watching/covering you properly, or you literally let someone sneak up on you) you might lose since you're going to be slow to react. But again, once you start learning maps and how to clear spots effectively (and know where you could get seen from or snuck up on from) you'll get exposed to close-range battles less and less.

Oreoleo

Damn, the difference in MM difficulty between Nova 1 and Nova 2 feels exponential.

Nova 1 you get matched up other Nova 1's and usually some Silver Elite Master's or lower. Nova 2 seems like getting matched against Nova 3's and Nova 4's is the norm, nary a Silver in sight. I can't get away with a lot of the peeks and some of the rotations I'm used to. It's like a whole new, harder game. I haven't de-ranked back to Nova 1 again, yet, but I feel like it's coming.

I know we just did this the other day but I need some sweet GAF bros to party up with, I can't solo carry like I used to.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ed

KiKaL

Thanks guys.

I was at 1200 DPI but just bumped mine down to 800dpi and a sensitivity of 2. Originally I was at 1200dpi and a sensitivity of 4 or 5. it was definitely a rough adjustment at first but it does seem to help.

soultron

Banned
Added a bunch of you dudes to my friends list. Let's play sometime this week! Again, as a caution: I'm still a bit shit at competitive. (Nova 1)

KiKaL

Wow that guy's inventory is pretty nuts with those ESL capsules. Looks like it might have been a good idea since the value of them seems to be rising. I keep thinking that is a ton of money but then think about how just one knife could be worth more than all of those.

CoolS

Yay, finally ranked up again after being Silver Master forever. I have been playing with friends who all are in the lower Silver ranks, so that's to eb expected though.

Anyway, Nova 1 again! let's see how long it takes me till I loose it again ^^

TheSeks

Wow that guy's inventory is pretty nuts with those ESL capsules. Looks like it might have been a good idea since the value of them seems to be rising. I keep thinking that is a ton of money but then think about how just one knife could be worth more than all of those.

Eh, even it rose $.05 at $.25 per capsule he wasn't losing too much from them. They were pretty cheap to buy, but since I couldn't buy particular teams (and since Stickers aren't "permanent" bought like guns), I didn't bother with those.

Man, looking at his inventory the "Dual Berettas | Cobalt Quartz" looks hot. Why does the Dual Berettas always get the cooler textures compared to the single-guns at times?!

CoolS

Weirdest thing is happening tonight in competetive. I can't find any games with my buddies, the search always stops and tells me it coulnd't find any games because of my ping and settings. When they search without me they get a game in line 15 seconds.

I tried queueing alone and can't find any game either. And the weirdest thing is that it worked fine 4 hours ago, my ping is fine on Casual servers and my roommate who obviously is using the same Internet has NO PROBLEMS at all. I'm frustrated.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Weirdest thing is happening tonight in competetive. I can't find any games with my buddies, the search always stops and tells me it coulnd't find any games because of my ping and settings. When they search without me they get a game in line 15 seconds.

I tried queueing alone and can't find any game either. And the weirdest thing is that it worked fine 4 hours ago, my ping is fine on Casual servers and my roommate who obviously is using the same Internet has NO PROBLEMS at all. I'm frustrated.

Same thing here. Was in a lobby with 4 others and none of us could get into a game either as a group or solo.

Guess we won't be playing CS tonight then.

Where would you even mount the display? On the blade? Haha.

They are etched into the blade. It's actually pretty cool.
Confirmed_kill_knife.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom