• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
I opened this game up for like the second time since launch just to try out the graphics on my new PC and goddamn is it hard. Other people are so good it feels like they're hacking :(

If they have 150+ ping and consistently hit bullshots, they're probably hacking.

If you look at ESEA ban list it's like 90% South Americans. VAC is just a really bad anti-cheat system

NEVER has my skill in a game been so inconsistent..

Sometimes I go 25/30 - 15 and everything clicks but then I have that game where nothing seems to work and go like 5-20 since I somehow only get 2 or 3 hits or getting 5 hits only results in like 70 damage.

The combat feels so random ( like the game decides whether to count the gunshots or not, i mean there are even times I count more hits than the game registers!)

Still absolutely love it, quickest I have put 100 hours into a game.

The hunt for the guns is awesome and love the skins and the business side. Like you can put down £10 into steam and if you're lucky with the drops you probably won't need to do it for some times. Like I brought 2 weapon case 3 keys for £3 and got stattrak glock 18 and stainless stattrak usp, sold the glock alone for £4.15. tried again and got the two shittiest guns worth 1p, so doesn't always work but I have made more than I have lost.

My deaths defiantly go up when I am playing as a terrorist, m4a1 is just too good.

You have good games and you have bad games. There are a lot of factors that come into this. It's certainly not the games fault. Most likely it would be down to the quality of the opponents you play against. Hitting someone that runs predictably is 10x easier than someone that strafe peeks. Then there is the fact better enemies will have better aim. The fact good enemies might not push out of bomb sites carelessly, or will hold bombsites with smokes etc.

I have the same thing where one game I will be on fire, but usually it means I am playing against like 3 lower ranked enemies or something. Then when I'm doing just ok the ranks are usually a lot more even or something I am the lowball DMG making up for the fact they have an unranked player etc.

Also, opening cases is fun but definitely unprofitable in the long run. If you are lucky and get a knife or a big item you can sell it and make a decent profit, but if you keep buying keys and opening cases it'll catch up to you and you'll be losing out.

CoolS

Also, opening cases is fun but definitely unprofitable in the long run. If you are lucky and get a knife or a big item you can sell it and make a decent profit, but if you keep buying keys and opening cases it'll catch up to you and you'll be losing out.

Yeah, but all gambling is like that. I limit myself to 5€ a months. Probably would be more effective if I jsut bought some skins I like but opening crates is so fun.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Lost 4 matches in a row and still haven't deranked. Sometimes I question matchmaking's judgment.

W/L doesn't matter. It's team performance or whatever, apparently. If you were carrying that team but still lost, the mm decides not to derank you or whatever.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
W/L doesn't matter. It's team performance or whatever, apparently. If you were carrying that team but still lost, the mm decides not to derank you or whatever.

I've carried, had a positive KAD, and still been deranked.

I think it comes down to performance + wins/losses. Rank determination is not just one specific factor.

CoolS

By the way, do you guys use the SMGs? Most of the time I feel like I can't hit anything with it, especially since they tend to be SO weak in long range, that I'd rather just save completely or get a pistol + armor, but my mates swear on them and buy them all the time.

KiKaL

The only SMG I occasionally use is the pro-90. I mainly only use that if I am rushing as a T, otherwise I generally stick to a FAMAS or Galil. I know a lot of people love the p90 and rightfully so. It's pretty easy to spray and get headshots and the huge clip is great. Otherwise if I am trying to save money it's all about the p250.

I don't know if it got buffed or what, but lately I've been seeing incredible results from the UMP-45. Just headshots all over the place. It's actually very easy to control at mid-range.

Ilúvatar

I don't know if it got buffed or what, but lately I've been seeing incredible results from the UMP-45. Just headshots all over the place. It's actually very easy to control at mid-range.

That's odd, usually I feel like the UMP couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and couldn't pierce a stick of butter.

Bizon for anti-ecos is just

o1UNa.gif

Otherwise I don't bother with SMGs since I can't seem to use the UMP at all.

sunnz

By the way, do you guys use the SMGs? Most of the time I feel like I can't hit anything with it, especially since they tend to be SO weak in long range, that I'd rather just save completely or get a pistol + armor, but my mates swear on them and buy them all the time.

I did very very good with the mac 10 for some time, got pretty decent kill count and had a good style of play ( rush) but now my rank is higher it isn't as easy since opponents are more capable of taking me down in those situations.

Still works from time to time, just not as often.

M4A1 is my main AT gun and since I got a stattrak galil i've been using that quite a lot while playing as T. Decent with it but if I am against a decent m4 or AK user I get smoked easily most of the time. Just wish it had slightly better accuracy, seems quite underpowered to other guns.

NIN90

You really only wanna use SMGs on anti-ecos since they do jackshit for damage against armor. You'd be better off with a p250 at that point since it penetrates armor.
I recently switched to assault rifles for anti-ecos though since in the current metagame people tend to buy kevlar+p250/five-seven on ecos.

You really only wanna use SMGs on anti-ecos since they do jackshit for damage against armor. You'd be better off with a p250 at that point since it penetrates armor.
I recently switched to assault rifles for anti-ecos though since in the current metagame people tend to buy kevlar+p250/five-seven on ecos.
But on the other hand you do get more money for SMG kills, which still makes them more interesting for anti-eco rounds than assault rifles imo

NIN90

But on the other hand you do get more money for SMG kills, which still makes them more interesting for anti-eco rounds than assault rifles imo

The risk of throwing two easy rounds because the opponents owned your SMGs with their p250+armor is too great IMO.
You'll need to spend money to upgrade to assault rifles on the 4th round anyway so it's not like you are gonna get a fortune from the SMG kill bonus in the end.

I've actually been thinking about this lately. I favored the Bizon early on, but second round armor or force buys sometimes bit me in the ass. I thought about going with the p90, but the Famas and Galil are cheaper and have more utility.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I completely disagree that SMGs aren't worth it. I've played against too many good teams and even with players who constantly out-maneuver the opponent with one. The best is rushing through mid-DD on T side and taking out their mid awper. You can make it up long A with smoke easily.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I almost always get the MP7 on second round if I've won pistol round. Good accuracy, OK damage and firerate, plenty of ammo, and $600 per kill.

If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll get the MP9, which is actually pretty good against unarmored opponents at close range.

When all else fails, P90 pray and sorta aim and totes spray works usuallyish.

Crown is a shoo-in. Maybe Print and Blackgold.

NIN90

I completely disagree that SMGs aren't worth it. I've played against too many good teams and even with players who constantly out-maneuver the opponent with one. The best is rushing through mid-DD on T side and taking out their mid awper. You can make it up long A with smoke easily.

You could probably try that with a p250 as well and have a higher success rate. A good AWPer will get you first most of the time unless he's an idiot and double zooms at that spot.
Good teams will lock down long DDs early with 2-3 players and retreat to A site. It's another story on antis. Long is probably the best bet on antis because of the range advantage over pistols.
SMGs (except the P90 but that one doesn't get any cash bonus for kills) are simply no worth it against armor since they don't penetrate. Because it works in mid-level MM (I'm not trying to say you are lowskilled, btw) doesn't mean that it's actually a good decision

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
You could probably try that with a p250 as well and have a higher success rate. A good AWPer will get you first most of the time unless he's an idiot and double zooms at that spot.
Good teams will lock down long DDs early with 2-3 players and retreat to A site. It's another story on antis. Long is probably the best bet on antis because of the range advantage over pistols.
SMGs (except the P90 but that one doesn't get any cash bonus for kills) are simply no worth it against armor since they don't penetrate. Because it works in mid-level MM (I'm not trying to say you are lowskilled, btw) doesn't mean that it's actually a good decision
A good awper usually won't get you when you smoke mid and are rushing out with 2 SMGs. Or when you're triple flashing over long DD and they're sitting at corner awping. Same thing applies to B, when you smoke back plat and bounce one off the left tunnel wall so it obscures awp vision from window.

NIN90

A good awper usually won't get you when you smoke mid and are rushing out with 2 SMGs. Or when you're triple flashing over long DD and they're sitting at corner awping. Same thing applies to B, when you smoke back plat and bounce one off the left tunnel wall so it obscures awp vision from window.

That's just horse shit. The AWP will see you earlier (because that's how smoke works in this game), get the first one and will retreat up B site, possibly throwing a flash to cover himself. Then he will get support from B site or CT base or even both for a nice crossfire sandwich. And everyone of them will have the range advantage because they have rifles.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
That's just horse shit. The AWP will see you earlier (because that's how smoke works in this game), get the first one and will retreat up B site, possibly throwing a flash to cover himself. Then he will get support from B site or CT base or even both for a nice crossfire sandwich. And everyone of them will have the range advantage because they have rifles.
Lol ok, I completely disagree but whatever. Good smoke/flashes work wonders.

NIN90

Lol ok, I completely disagree but whatever. Good smoke/flashes work wonders.

I don't like pulling the pro card but do you see any pro teams executing these strats with SMGs? No because it's waste of resources.
I already told you how running through a smoke is actually disadvantageous yet you keep going on with your blank slate statement of how flashes/smokes will somehow make SMGs not suck against armor. That's just how SMGs are balanced.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I don't like pulling the pro card but do you see any pro teams executing these strats with SMGs? No because it's waste of resources.
I already told you how running through a smoke is actually disadvantageous yet you keep going on with your blank slate statement of how flashes/smokes will somehow make SMGs not suck against armor. That's just how SMGs are balanced.
Pros? Who said anything about pros? We aren't pros. The people we play against aren't pros. You miss one awp shot DD, and you're done for against SMGs. You don't even need to smoke mid, because if you don't then they'll most likely be looking up at cat/palm tree. If you get rushed by TWO competent SMG players, you are doubly fucked.

NIN90

Pros? Who said anything about pros? We aren't pros. The people we play against aren't pros. You miss one awp shot DD, and you're done for against SMGs. You don't even need to smoke mid, because if you don't then they'll most likely be looking up at cat/palm tree. If you get rushed by TWO competent SMG players, you are doubly fucked.

Yeah whatever. My point is that if these SMG strats work against mid-level MM opponents doesn't mean that they a) are reliable strats and b) work against competent opponents (not even talking pros here but anyone who has a decent grasp of the in and outs of the game).

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yeah whatever. My point is that if these SMG strats work against mid-level MM opponents doesn't mean that they a) are reliable strats and b) work against competent opponents (not even talking pros here but anyone who has a decent grasp of the in and outs of the game).
To be honest, I'm not an SMG user at all. My preferred weapons are ak and awp. The only time I'll use an SMG is either round 2 after a win, or to crowd a door up close when I'm low on money. In 1.6, I felt they weren't even remotely viable, but in GO they are much more so.

NIN90

To be honest, I'm not an SMG user at all. My preferred weapons are ak and awp. The only time I'll use an SMG is either round 2 after a win, or to crowd a door up close when I'm low on money. In 1.6, I felt they weren't even remotely viable, but in GO they are much more so.

Yeah they can be perfectly viable on 2nd round after a pistol round win. Some can even be workable when you are strapped for cash and the opponent is full equipped provided you work your angles right but I'd personally prefer a five-seven or p250 in those cases since they penetrate armor and can get one-shot HS kills (plus they are way more cost effective).

I don't know what rank you are but if rushing mid with smgs works versus awpers for you they aren't very good mid players. A good player would fall back if you flash, kill you if you don't. You'd need to smoke ct to prevent x-fire, and then get quite lucky to not get smashed. Rushing mid can certainly work if you do this, and swarm. But with smgs your chances are actually not anywhere near as great as if you have bought or even with a p250 one headshot can easily chunk an awper to 20hp.

At lower ranks I imagine SMGs to be much more effective, but generally famas/m4 is the best best so long as you can get adequate armor.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I don't know what rank you are but if rushing mid with smgs works versus awpers for you they aren't very good mid players. A good player would fall back if you flash, kill you if you don't. You'd need to smoke ct to prevent x-fire, and then get quite lucky to not get smashed. Rushing mid can certainly work if you do this, and swarm. But with smgs your chances are actually not anywhere near as great as if you have bought or even with a p250 one headshot can easily chunk an awper to 20hp.

At lower ranks I imagine SMGs to be much more effective, but generally famas/m4 is the best best so long as you can get adequate armor.
Again, I'm not saying SMGs would be a better alternative than a rifle, but it isn't hard to kill the mid awper if you play it right. But yes, you have to smoke CT and then quickly overwhelm B site afterwards. I'm not a high rank, but I am a distinguished master guardian.

tariniel

Last night I played this game again out of nowhere, all of a sudden I felt like playing gun game/arms race/whatever you want to call it. I found a server, which I think is the only populated gungame server that exists, and had a really fun time. It was a large number of players, tiny maps, 50 weapon swaps, and was just nonsensical fun.

What other game types, or maps, are like that? Something I can jump into when I just want to play something funny/relaxing that I can laugh about, without worrying about trying to win?

NIN90

Last night I played this game again out of nowhere, all of a sudden I felt like playing gun game/arms race/whatever you want to call it. I found a server, which I think is the only populated gungame server that exists, and had a really fun time. It was a large number of players, tiny maps, 50 weapon swaps, and was just nonsensical fun.

What other game types, or maps, are like that? Something I can jump into when I just want to play something funny/relaxing that I can laugh about, without worrying about trying to win?

KZ maps or surf maps are relaxing for me. You'd need to have a good understanding on how to strafejump, bunnyhop or surf to derive any enjoyment out of those, though.
It's a good way to learn said techniques, though! But it'll be frustrating at the start..

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Update is out. Apparently, it broke Sourcemod.

[UI]
- The options menu now has a setting for specifying which command will enable the mouse on the scoreboard. The option has a few presets but any command may be set using the convar cl_scoreboard_mouse_enable_binding directly (e.g. 'cl_scoreboard_mouse_enable_binding +jump').
- Fixed uninitialized scorecard for competitive matches being visible.
- Improved lobby performance.
- Added saving of inventory sort and filter dropdowns.
- Fixed chat window scroll bars getting stuck at the top/bottom.
- Fixed scoreboard mouse input when watching gotv.

[SDK/MAPPING]
- Added a new trigger (trigger_bomb_reset) that teleports dropped bombs back to a valid in-play position. This is intended to be used in player-inaccessible areas where a dropped bomb cannot be retrieved.
- Bots no longer see through tools/toolsblock_los func_brushes (npc line-of-sight blockers).
- Bot maximum vision distance can be set per-map by "Bot max vision distance" in info_map_parameters. Default is unlimited.
- Prop doors (prop_door_rotating) that are in the process of opening or closing can be checked to see if they are "Locked" and if so, ignore player +use.

[MAPS]
- Mirage
-- Enabled collision on arch corners (Thanks NBK!)
-- Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck

-Vertigo
-- Added bomb teleport trigger to prevent bomb falling out of playable area
-- Closed off dumpster in chokepoint near bombsite B
-- Improved signage
-- Fixed players being able to climb down elevator shaft

[MISC]
- In Official Competitive matchmaking, the initial warmup timer will now start at 5min and reduce to 30s when the last player connects.
- In Official Competitive matchmaking, if any player has not connected by the end of warmup, they will receive an abandon and the match will be aborted.
- Fixed vote accounting in cases when players disconnect while the vote is in progress.
- Fixed a bug related to purchasing armor.
- Fixed smoke grenades popping again when thrown into more than one molotov fire in a row.
- Smoke volumes are now more consistently shaped with the particles more evenly distributed. The overall shape is now round and no longer square.
- Increased minimum distance from the center of a smoke grenade volume in which a player's view will be completely obscured by smoked.
- Fixed some "micro hitches" related to picking up weapons with custom finishes and new players joining a game.
- Fixed several potential crashes.
- Fixed some Coach bugs
-- Fixed radar and overview maps for coaches not behaving like players.
-- Fixed scoreboard item status for coaches not behaving like players.
- Added support for concommand spec_player_by_name for in-game spectators.
- Improved Official Competitive matchmaking scheduler to support more than 65,535 users playing competitive matches concurrently.
- Default USP, M4A1-S, and CZ-75 Auto weapons that are on the ground will show the correct names in "swap for" message.
- Decoy grenades now work properly for the USP-S, M4A1-S, and CZ75 Auto.
- Steam accounts that have never played CS:GO can now purchase and receive CS:GO inventory items via Steam Trading.

sunnz

So no fix/punishment for AFKers in competitive?

You know the people who want to leave but instead of leaving and getting a short ban just hope people kick him...

That is getting ridiculous.

So no fix/punishment for AFKers in competitive?

You know the people who want to leave but instead of leaving and getting a short ban just hope people kick him...

That is getting ridiculous.
I always just report them for griefing, hope that helps in some cosmic karma kinda way

fijim

Banned
So do some Operation maps get added to the permanent map list or are they just going to keep charging us money to play the same maps that were in previous operations?

Ilúvatar

1. It's cool they gave NBK a shout-out
2. Interesting they added the bomb reset but didn't implement it for the water on Seaside
3. The change to matchmaking warm-up is pretty nice

So do some Operation maps get added to the permanent map list or are they just going to keep charging us money to play the same maps that were in previous operations?

Operation maps can get added to the map list, Overpass being one such example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom