• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epsilon are heavy underdogs tomorrow but I think they'll win, I might put $5 on them, in the hopes of doubling my money. I'll probably lose like always though. All it takes is for Shox to have one of his mega games and I'll be golden.

EDIT: Fuck it, did it. Come on Epsilon!

That team is scary when shox and fxy0 are on their A game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That team is scary when shox and fxy0 are on their A game.

That's my feeling, if either of them go huge they will win, simple as that. And at 65/35 odds I think it's a great bet, if I had bigger balls I would have put on more.

chessnut

Epsilon are heavy underdogs tomorrow but I think they'll win, I might put $5 on them, in the hopes of doubling my money. I'll probably lose like always though. All it takes is for Shox to have one of his mega games and I'll be golden.

EDIT: Fuck it, did it. Come on Epsilon!

Lol good luck. I lost a lot on the exertus vs lunatik game a couple days ago so I've been bettin safe lately. That game is a toss-up, hell raisers have been boot camping for a while now but epsilon have been coming on lately. Each group has 3 teams that deserve to make it past group, its gonna be sad watching them get knocked out early. I just hope we get both NA teams through to saturday

KingKong

I'm rooting for C9 and Virtus Pro.

Good luck with the drops, everyone, considering it's the only way to get that crate for a bit you can except a nice payday

Wunder

How's the latency playing with Americans? Does it give you a big disadvantage?

Just got promoted onto MGE btw, first time! But I really need to work on my aim if I want to get any higher.

If it's specifically east coast, then I will hover around 80-100 ms. I have my acceptable ping matchmaking thing set to 120 so we rarely will queue in for west coast servers. It's fine for the most part, and when I do solo queue I take the chance to practice my AWP since I avoid doing that on east coast ping. I'm mainly a rifler though, so it's all good.

udiie

what a crazy set of drops just from games night :D
LA5EfZk.png

that was lots of fun

ironmang

Do you just need twitch to be open while the matches are going on to get drops? I think mine's linked properly (have Steam in my twitch profile) and I just want to make sure the drops automatically happen instead of me having to pay attention for them.

soultron

Banned
Do you just need twitch to be open while the matches are going on to get drops? I think mine's linked properly (have Steam in my twitch profile) and I just want to make sure the drops automatically happen instead of me having to pay attention for them.

Same. I gotta work! :p

Uriah

Wish you could sort your inventory manually like in TF2 and Dota.

Hope I rank down soon. I'm not cutting it as a Master Guardian.

So what is the CSGO custom map scene like in comparison to CSS (and 1.6 I guess)? I know Valve adds some maps here and there for the Operations but I'd like to know for stuff like Surf/Zombies/etc.

ironmang

Tempted to put a key on Wolf since the payout would be insane. I know NiP are legends and shit but Wolf qualified so the odds never should be 93-7.

CoolS

Tempted to put a key on Wolf since the payout would be insane. I know NiP are legends and shit but Wolf qualified so the odds never should be 93-7.
Yeah, but judging from a match they played in the indian qualifyer, they will get stomped HARD, so the odds are not surprising.

Looking forward to the matches today, I am especially interested in LC vs LDLC because i bet my winnings from last week on that game

Sajjaja

Fucking ranking is bullshit.....Rank up to Silver Elite Master after like 10 wins, lose the next game, SILVER FUCKING ELITE AGAIN FUCK YOU GABE YOAUDFASDHUTPAGFSDFIOUFKCUGFKCUFKCUFKCUFKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.

Fucking ranking is bullshit.....Rank up to Silver Elite Master after like 10 wins, lose the next game, SILVER FUCKING ELITE AGAIN FUCK YOU GABE YOAUDFASDHUTPAGFSDFIOUFKCUGFKCUFKCUFKCUFKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK.

It's all my fault. I shall commit sudoku.

EDIT: I just deranked too. :(

Every time I glance over that chat, I'm surprised how much people value these skins.
I can understand it to a certain point if you actually make money off of it. But if it's just to show off in game, it completely baffles me.

And the moment you stop playing this game, the value of your skins is literally 0. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have these in-game, it's clearly a very big incentive for people to play this game and every bit helps. But people get really attached and that's something I just can't grasp. But I have that with most cosmetics in any game.

That being said, I also connected my Twitch account to my Steam account. Because I'm not saying no to free stuff, which I'll immediately sell.

Every time I glance over that chat, I'm surprised how much people value these skins.
I can understand it to a certain point if you actually make money off of it. But if it's just to show off in game, it completely baffles me.

And the moment you stop playing this game, the value of your skins is literally 0. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have these in-game, it's clearly a very big incentive for people to play this game and every bit helps. But people get really attached and that's something I just can't grasp. But I have that with most cosmetics in any game.

That being said, I also connected my Twitch account to my Steam account. Because I'm not saying no to free stuff, which I'll immediately sell.

There is a lot of money in skins...

CSLounge
Total value of weapons, placed on ESL matches at this moment is 1134271$.

I'm with you there. I don't care for buying skins since I use to use custom skins made by the community in 1.6-CSS. No way I'm paying for inferior retextures.

Edit: I would sell though.

Divius

Let me get in on this betting business, idk the teams or the favorites but I have a bunch of skins I don't care about anyway.

*goes to check out csgolounge*

edit: think I'll just bet on the names I know such as Na'Vi, VP, Dignitas, they seem to be safe bets. Wouldn't want to lose all my skins on my first day of betting :p

I love my skins. I'll buy a few keys a month in hopes of getting a knife or cool skin. Usually I sell cases when they are worth over a dollar. I'm just happy to see CS back in the big time so buying a few keys to support the game's development and tournament scene is the least I can do. Skins themselves are just something fun to look forward to getting.

Yeah, I've noticed. But a lot of those people who bet on skins, just want the better looking skins. And even if they do sell them on the marketplace, it's still Steam credit. I know some people use paypal and whatnot, but that's very rare, no?

For higher level stuff it's usually cash but yeah lot of people they just like the look. I do have a gun that's worth around 25$ that I refuse to sell. I just rather look at it whenever I play then have an extra 25 to spend. We shall never part.

ironmang

Lounge should put some of that money towards real upgrades. Can't imagine what it'll be like later when basically every area of the world that cares about CS will be awake at the same time.

Divius

Finally got through:

'You have logged in from a new device. In order to protect the items in your inventory, you will be unable to trade from this device for 7 days'

This is the only device I use.

Awesome.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Woot, Epsilon won. My first successful bet, I just had a feeling.

i took your advice and also bid on epsilon and holy shit what a blowout so far

How much did you win?

Wunder

Wow, lots of stomps so far in what was possibly some 50/50 match ups. I also didn't realize these were Bo1, although looking back it kinda makes sense.

ironmang

Oh shit, I got a souvenir. After going 1-3 in bets so far this brings my spirits up a bit lol.

From the nuke collection (LDLC vs LC). Probably not the most desired of teams but it's pretty cool snagging one of these.

Wunder

Oh shit, I got a souvenir. After going 1-3 in bets so far this brings my spirits up a bit lol.

From the nuke collection (LDLC vs LC). Probably not the most desired of teams but it's pretty cool snagging one of these.

Grats man! I don't think teams matter /that/ much in the grand scheme of souvenirs, that is if you're looking to sell it. What was the actual skin?

ironmang

Grats man! I don't think teams matter /that/ much in the grand scheme of souvenirs, that is if you're looking to sell it. What was the actual skin?

Mag 7 :( Battle scarred too for extra insult lol.

M4 would have been first choice but I got this for free so can't complain.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Did London Conspiracy get hit over the head or something? They played so well at GFinity but they just haven't come to play today.

SOOOOO disappointed about the in-game commentary not working for today, so bad.

KingKong

Did London Conspiracy get hit over the head or something? They played so well at GFinity but they just haven't come to play today.

SOOOOO disappointed about the in-game commentary not working for today, so bad.

I cant get a handle on top team results at majors at all (which is why I dont bet), it really is completely open who makes it through outside of a few weaker teams

ironmang

C9 and IBP odds seem a little worse than I'd think they'd be. Definitely putting at least a key or two on each since both matches appear very much 50-50 on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom