• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

The more I research it, the more I could possibly buy books for college this semester instantly with it. Kinda crazy, also attracting a bunch of dumb stuff and already set all my stuff to private :p

Uriah

The more I research it, the more I could possibly buy books for college this semester instantly with it. Kinda crazy, also attracting a bunch of dumb stuff and already set all my stuff to private :p

Yeah, that's a problem with getting rare items. I keep getting requests from random people to try and trade for one of my rare Dota 2 items.

soultron

Banned

The day I set my inventory to private was the day I stopped getting spam and invites from people looking at my items.

Also, make the right choice.
Sell the virtual item to pay for your books!
It's not every day you get $400+ dropped into your lap for little effort.

Lourio

This case drop system is sooo random. I'll continue to open only Breakout cases so I can get a Butterfly knife..

One can dream right?

cresto

I think what I am going to do going forward is focus on a single map each week. That way I can work on my own skills with each map, set my smokes and continue to force people to communicate/work as a team. Might as well do this and hope for the best instead of just randomly being thrown into a map and getting handled.

I tried out ESEA and it is nice, but I think it's hard to justify the cost for better tick servers.

Anybody check this out yet?
http://netcodeguides.com/brush/#instructions

I lost count of how many crates I've opened. Most of my stattraks have just been bought from the market.

Just started using the CZ auto holy moly is this thing good. I am terrible with pistols so I may replace my p250 with this. Which do you guys use?

udiie

I lost count of how many crates I've opened. Most of my stattraks have just been bought from the market.

Just started using the CZ auto holy moly is this thing good. I am terrible with pistols so i may think of replaced my p250 with this. Which do you guys use?

CZ but im still learning with it. It's bar none close range though (minus that ammo count)

CoolS

Just started using the CZ auto holy moly is this thing good. I am terrible with pistols so I may replace my p250 with this. Which do you guys use?

I recently started using it a lot more again, and CZ rushes are often great to suprise people and anatch up a weapon. And it can be amazing in close range bombsite hold offs. Whenever I get two frags with it, I'm extremely happy because you really can't hope for more than that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
CZ is amazing, it's a must have for eco rounds.

Sajjaja

I was so sad to find they were nerfing the CZ, as I was one of the few in Nova games who regularly used it.

I never stopped using it. Even when the Tec-9 got stupidly buffed. As recently as a week ago when I solo-queued I was made fun of for sticking to the CZ "after the nerf."

I'm happy to let this ignorance lie in lower ranks.
TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

Deadbeat

Banned
Why is the Black Limba skin for the dualies worth so much now? I kind of feel like selling my 3 sticker gun for the hell of it.

Minor patch:
MISC
The planted bomb now allows other players to defuse if the previous defusing player has disconnected.
Fixed the butterfly knife having a quickswitch advantage.
Fixed spectator view FOV being incorrect sometimes (like when leaving a player who was scoped).
Added a convar to let servers disable observer target interpolation (sv_disable_observer_interpolation).
Fixed a crash when bringing up the scoreboard.
Fixed some scoreboard entries sometimes showing 999.

CoolS

Don't know why, but this picture from the new CS GO blog entry makes me really excited for ESL Cologne

csgo_caster_options.png
Code:

Lourio

Been using the CZ more often now. Going to keep on full time to get some much needed practice time with it.

I'd have to say my pistol of choice would have to be the P2000. Something about it, all my shots seems to hit my targets flawlessly. I always pick one up if I find one laying on the ground.

Clydefrog

I recently stopped using the CZ since it was introduced and switched back to the P250. Don't know why...

USP-S first round, long-range headshots are the best though.

I love the CZ in DM but I can't confidently use it in an actual match. I need an ammo leeway that it just can't provide, but I do keep it equipped on the CT side because I tend to go with the 5-7 over the P250, so I might as well have the option.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know why, but this picture from the new CS GO blog entry makes me really excited for ESL Cologne

csgo_caster_options.png
Code:

It's a huge change to make competitive CS more appealing to the masses. I have my TV connected to my PC via HDMI so I'll be watching the games in crystal clear 1080p on a 40" Sony Bravia. No more crappy quality and buffering on Twitch is going to be lush.

Fox318

It's a huge change to make competitive CS more appealing to the masses. I have my TV connected to my PC via HDMI so I'll be watching the games in crystal clear 1080p on a 40" Sony Bravia. No more crappy quality and buffering on Twitch is going to be lush.

except they won't cut to cameras and reactions of players right...

Any EU gaffers here looking for more people to play with?

My friends play on inconsistent times so it'd be nice to have more options.

My rank is MG II.

K.Sabot

At this point of doing market research...

I've seen more Factory New Stattrak Karambit Slaughters than I've seen Field Tested ST Karambit Slaughters.

4 times I asked for a price check and they've either not seen the knife before or completely ignore the question lol. I'm starting to think the Field Tested is more rare than the Factory New or Minimal Wear (which are the only other variations).

udiie

it is both weird how fast ive ranked up and how i am still doing very well.

sidethought: i wish people who played games online would restrict themselves from making asinine opinions, for example, one of the people pictured in my party (not the dude you'd think it was) starting going on about how the st louis thing is all the fault of the teenager who was killed. i had a lot of fun playing a couple games with this dude, and then he came out of nowhere and made me feel guilty for having a good time. i dont even have a strong opinion about the situation, but i felt like the past few hours were soured completely.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
People are weird. So on the subject of stupidity...

I once met a guy in comp, I friended him, and we lobbied a bit. A day or two later, I wanted to invite a friend of mine who is very good at the game to join us; however, he was one rank lower than me, so the first guy flat out refused to play with him, despite me having recently been the same rank as my friend.

The first guy is no longer on my friends list, and my old friend and I continue to enjoy the game together.

CoolS

Any EU gaffers here looking for more people to play with?

My friends play on inconsistent times so it'd be nice to have more options.

My rank is MG II.
If you don't mind playing with gold nova 3 you can hit me up on Steam as well. Name there is slooc, I'm also in the Steam Group I think.

it is both weird how fast ive ranked up and how i am still doing very well.

sidethought: i wish people who played games online would restrict themselves from making asinine opinions, for example, one of the people pictured in my party (not the dude you'd think it was) starting going on about how the st louis thing is all the fault of the teenager who was killed. i had a lot of fun playing a couple games with this dude, and then he came out of nowhere and made me feel guilty for having a good time. i dont even have a strong opinion about the situation, but i felt like the past few hours were soured completely.
You lucky bastard. I should stop caring about ranks though.

Fox318

People are weird. So on the subject of stupidity...

I once met a guy in comp, I friended him, and we lobbied a bit. A day or two later, I wanted to invite a friend of mine who is very good at the game to join us; however, he was one rank lower than me, so the first guy flat out refused to play with him, despite me having recently been the same rank as my friend.

The first guy is no longer on my friends list, and my old friend and I continue to enjoy the game together.

Could have told him he played for a pro team and this was his smurf account.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Sajjaja had the most amazing AWP clutch on Mirage tonight. The last kill was in the mid/A connector, close quarters AWPing.

Things went, uh, downhill after that match. I think we won five rounds on Dust2? *barf*

Damn, who did you guys party with? Sorry I opted out last night.

Sajjaja

Damn, who did you guys party with? Sorry I opted out last night.

After I left, I believe it was boogy, edgy, Shadow, Phoenix and Mayhem.

EDIT:

Sajjaja had the most amazing AWP clutch on Mirage tonight. The last kill was in the mid/A connector, close quarters AWPing.

Things went, uh, downhill after that match. I think we won five rounds on Dust2? *barf*

Here is my 3v1 Clutch with an AWP :3 I don't know why the quality is so low, I recorded the demo using OBS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzuYKZKzjUU

Yup, me too. London, UK for me, usually playing on the East Coast but I'm willing to party up with some GAFers. DMG at the moment

How's the latency playing with Americans? Does it give you a big disadvantage?

Just got promoted onto MGE btw, first time! But I really need to work on my aim if I want to get any higher.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Epsilon are heavy underdogs tomorrow but I think they'll win, I might put $5 on them, in the hopes of doubling my money. I'll probably lose like always though. All it takes is for Shox to have one of his mega games and I'll be golden.

EDIT: Fuck it, did it. Come on Epsilon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom