• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't know why, but this picture from the new CS GO blog entry makes me really excited for ESL Cologne

Too bad you can't use those in downloaded replays, seems to be "Live" matches only.
KCSeU4L.png
Volvo, plz.

Too bad you can't use those in downloaded replays, seems to be "Live" matches only.
KCSeU4L.png
Volvo, plz.
I think you can. I downloaded the test match and it was playing the announcer. ESL made a tweet saying the first day of the tournament won't have in game announcers for some odd reason.

TheSeks

I think you can. I downloaded the test match and it was playing the announcer. ESL made a tweet saying the first day of the tournament won't have in game announcers for some odd reason.

I'm talking the "camera" control icon in the scoreboard. I want to set it to the "casters view" a la like I'm watching the match Live instead of later (when do these even go Live, damn Europeans not giving US times!) but I have no option other than the "direct view" and "director" views that GOTV has had before.

I'm talking the "camera" control icon in the scoreboard. I want to set it to the "casters view" a la like I'm watching the match Live instead of later (when do these even go Live, damn Europeans not giving US times!) but I have no option other than the "direct view" and "director" views that GOTV has had before.

Ah I gotcha.

Matt Wood Via Twitter
We have more viewers right now during group stages than we did for the finals less than a year ago. #CSGO

Pretty sure CSGO will break 200k concurrent by this weekend. It already hit 188k this morning.

Also my ESL fantasy team is doing pretty good I think.

cHinzo

Did London Conspiracy get hit over the head or something? They played so well at GFinity but they just haven't come to play today.

SOOOOO disappointed about the in-game commentary not working for today, so bad.

Teams started to veto Inferno, in which they've got most of their upsets on, like vs Virtus Pro, iBUYPOWER, Epsilon and Na'Vi. They aren't really good on other maps, although they're not bad at dust2. With the new veto system teams really need to be good at more than 1 map. :d

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was fun, played against a blatant cheater and I was being DDos'd during the game. I needed that win to be promoted to MGE as well :/

Wunder

When does the cache collection come out? Definitely looking to buy one of those glocks when it drops.

It's technically out with ESL being on now, you just have to get the Souvenir drops when teams play that map. Hopefully they will release it to the wider drop list once the event is over though. Gotta get me that glock and 5-7.

Wunder

How does the group picks work for tomorrow?

I see three teams and two stickers for each slot?!?

I was confused too, but I'm pretty sure you need to pick the top two winners of the group, out of the three. So if you think the loser's match winner can make a comeback and beat the loser of tomorrow's winner's match then you can pick that team. Otherwise, I would recommend just picking the two teams that are set to play in the winner's match tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I was confused too, but I'm pretty sure you need to pick the top two winners of the group, out of the three. So if you think the loser's match winner can make a comeback and beat the loser of tomorrow's winner's match then you can pick that team. Otherwise, I would recommend just picking the two teams that are set to play in the winner's match tomorrow.

Yep, it confused me too at first.

Animal

Banned

Thanks.

Also would anyone know how to turn on caster audio in gotv?

K.Sabot

All this cobble is making me sad.

Wouldn't have put my sticker on certain teams if they were playing on cobble.

It's also not as exciting when I don't exactly know the map in CS:GO.

TheSeks

Watching the Live match (I really wish Steam would notify people of this...) I don't see the caster controls there either. Oy. :/

ironmang

Guaranteed 15 dollars OR possibly nothing.

Oh and if anyone is wonder how you know if you got a drop, I went into steam and didnt see anything. BUT when I started up cs go, it said I then had one new thing in inventory.

True. Way I see it though is the 15 is stuck on steam and I never win anything so I'd probably value the gun more than the steam bucks. Even if it was a crappy drop like mine. :p

soultron

Banned
Pretty excited to watch this. I finally feel like I'm starting to get comfortable with the game, so now I kind of understand most of what's going on.

Are most people here watching in CSGO or on Twitch? I caught the tail end of iBP/dAT on Twitch.

ironmang

If it wasn't for the fucking cs go lounge bots, I'd have had a couple items on VoX.

I bit the bullet and did the $2 donation for premium bot service. After unsuccessfully trying to get a bot for 20 minutes I decided my patience was worth more than that.

K.Sabot

I bit the bullet and did the $2 donation for premium bot service. After unsuccessfully trying to get a bot for 20 minutes I decided my patience was worth more than that.

All the while the golounge guy is making 2-4% and laughing as he does nothing about his service.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
CS GO broke 200k concurrent players for the first time today, I can only imagine how many we'll see for the final with working in game commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom