• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
Yeah, I'm on now and would love to play with y'all.

@MattyG, I'll play with you. Add me on steam: soultron
Alright, will do. I'm actually going to hop on the Gaf server if there's a spot open. And I'm not gonna be on for super long tonight, but I've got time for at least a few matches.

soultron

Banned
Guys, I really suck at CSGO because I'm new, but can I play with some of you sometime?

And don't misunderstand me, I'm not being humble or downplaying myself or anything. I suck. HARD.

EDIT: Apparently I just need the server IP? And what do you guys do for voice chat? I've never downloaded or used mumble or anything, so I'll have to do that if that's what you use.

I want to check the GAF server out too. I just added it to my favourites.

Anyone else wanna hop on?

Playing now with bots! Hop on!

MattyG

Banned
I can't connect to the mumble server. I just downloaded mumble, clicked "add new", typed a label, the IP and everything and a username and it put me in some server called Titan or something with people playing Rift. What'd I do wrong?

KingKong

eoL has gotta be the most overrated team to ever be built up by a frag movie and internet comments/nostalgia. That vid is all 1.3/5 too

I dont know what it is, (the nostalgia and the music probably) that just makes me like it more than other frag videos which are definitely better (my favorite is uhh I forgot the name of it but the one that followed a team all the way through a LAN, SK I think)

Spraying felt way more satisfying in CS 1.6. It's how the weapon shoots in CS GO that doesn't compare. I can't pinpoint what it is though.

I would trade in both the m4a4 and m4a1-s for the old M4a1 which got more inaccurate when you put on the silencer.

TGMIII

I dont know what it is, (the nostalgia and the music probably) that just makes me like it more than other frag videos which are definitely better (my favorite is uhh I forgot the name of it but the one that followed a team all the way through a LAN, SK I think)

SK Believe is probably the one you're thinking of.

LOL
dRoqRhA.png

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
We just versed that guy today.....

yeah he lived up to his name, the fuckhead.

we played two back to back matches of cache and spawned on ct side both times, it was easy pickings ;)

until we got to t side, we struggled with the second game but still decidedly won

The luck is real tonight boys. Got a bunch of garbage skins from my bets on ESL and traded up for a FN Steel Disruption Glock. Then decided to open a couple Winter Offensive cases before I went to bed and whatd'ya know..

THdtiuLl.jpg

Its Field Tested but looks so sexy. The knoife I had always wanted :')

K.Sabot

Finally managed to stomach finishing 10 mm games.

Gold Nova 3 apparently, that's the equivalent of average right?

I also realize that most of my memories of old CS are 1.5. Especially the knife, why isn't there a 1.5 knife skin with the stab animation.

Did my first competitive game just now. It turned out to be on a map I have never played. People tried to kick me at first (even though at the time I was in second) but the vote didn't go through. I ended up going like 5 and 19, but my team won. They weren't very nice though :(

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Did my first competitive game just now. It turned out to be on a map I have never played. People tried to kick me at first (even though at the time I was in second) but the vote didn't go through. I ended up going like 5 and 19, but my team won. They weren't very nice though :(
If you can, lobby with at least one friend to ensure you won't get kicked.

Play maps you're unfamiliar with in casual and deathmatch first; once you're comfortable with them there, you'll find playing them in MM a much more enjoyable experience (though there will still be assholes to contend with.)

Divius

I picked up the new Operation a few days ago and did a few missions. Get 30 deagle kills in deathmatch was ez. Win 16 comp rounds on Castle took some waiting but got teamed up with the superior team so we won that. Then win 16 comp rounds on Insertion which we tied 15-15, so now I have to replay that fucking map again only to get a single win. u____u

Playing on those new maps really shows how important map knowledge is, I just jumped right in yolo and didn't know the maps at all, kept getting shot at from angles I didn't expect.

Copons

Hello guys, I've a question I asked already in the Steam thread with no answers, and I'm kinda dying of curiosity for it.

I always see super cool killcam screens posted around and they look like this:

But instead what I get are (more or less) like this:

Apparently there are no options related to how killcams look, so how the hell can I enable the cool, totally useless, killcam?

Sajjaja

Hello guys, I've a question I asked already in the Steam thread with no answers, and I'm kinda dying of curiosity for it.

I always see super cool killcam screens posted around and they look like this:

But instead what I get are (more or less) like this:

Apparently there are no options related to how killcams look, so how the hell can I enable the cool, totally useless, killcam?
Press F5, not your normal screen shot key.

Rivitur

Banned
Hotbox arena 2 just got announced:

The first edition of this online cup came to an end in June, with Titan walking away with the top prize after beating fnatic 2-0 in the grand final.

From August 19th to 27th, eight teams from all over Europe will be taking part in Hitbox Arena Championship 2, which will kick off with a GSL group system, followed by the single-elimination playoffs with the top four teams.

Below you can find the groups:

Group A Group B
mousesports fnatic
NO SIR! London Conspiracy
myXMG dAT Team
Epsilon OverGaming

Group A will run from Tuesday to Thursday, whereas Group B will begin on Thursday and end on Sunday, with the semi-finals and the final taking place net week.

cresto

I tried watching/streaming all of ESL, but I got zero drops. Kind of annoyed about that. I have never had anything really great drop from the cases. Not sure why I care and I am starting to not give a shit about them anymore. Such a waste of money.

ironmang

Errybody gettin knives now. I just want an M9 already. :(

It's not like GAF opens 10 cases and gets 3 knives. People probably open a lot of cases and eventually get there.

I stopped buying keys a while ago and just bought a nice looking budget knife. Will save me a lot of money in the long run and I can sell it anytime I want for about the same in steam bucks.

soultron

Banned
Is it wrong that I don't ever feel bad about spending $10 a month on keys?

I don't feel bad.

One day a knife will be mine. I'm good with opening $5-30 skins in the meantime.

ironmang

Is it wrong that I don't ever feel bad about spending $10 a month on keys?

I don't feel bad.

One day a knife will be mine. I'm good with opening $5-30 skins in the meantime.

Not at all wrong lol. Just not for me though. If I'd spend $10 a month on keys I'd probably just bet them on the lounge.

Really shouldn't suggest that $5-30 skins is the norm though. Most of the time cases contain 0.10-0.50 cent skins.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
True that, I turned my £40 into £5 by opening cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom