• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

I saw a guy put p250 undertows on a contract and he got a factory new p90 asiimov. I wish there was a way to refurbish skins or something, though that would screw with the market.

cHinzo

Thank you Chinzo for being such an incredible guy. He just added me on Steam and gave me a battle-tested Asiimov P90. the skin I wanted for so long but could not bring myself to pay so much for it.

I'm at lost for words. Such an amazing guy.

No problemo man. You have given SteamGAF a lot, so I thought it would be nice for you to be on receiving end for once.

Made a pretty awesome 4k with the USP on Cache the other day. Sadly the guy next to me took my ace. T_T

Miker

Just bought the game. Are there any recommended game settings, e.g. crosshair, HUD size, etc? The OP only has a thing about 1.6 audio in an autoexec - is this still good advice?

Shadownet

Banned
Just bought the game. Are there any recommended game settings, e.g. crosshair, HUD size, etc? The OP only has a thing about 1.6 audio in an autoexec - is this still good advice?

I only been playing for a few months but in regard to perfect crosshair. There is really no perfect one. Its just whatever you're used to. I'm using a custom crosshair right now that some guy online created. Basically it look like a normal crosshair except that it doesn't have the dot in the middle so you can see the head a bit better when you aim for headshot. :)

If you look around the internet for custom crosshair. You will find a bunch of people claiming they have the best crosshair. You just have to try it yourself and see.

You have to make and edit an autoexec.cfg file to make the custom crosshair stay.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Create an autoexec.cfg and put this in it:

rate "128000"
cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"

host_writeconfig
echo "AUTOEXEC.CFG LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!!!"

Super important to have proper rates or you'll be a laggy mess. Type "exec autoexec" in the console to activate it, if it worked you'll see "AUTOEXEC.CFG LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!!!" in the console. You need to do this whenever you start the game.

Here are a few of my binds which come in handy often, also put these in your autoexec.cfg if you wish to use them, you can change the bound key to whatever you like:

Radio commands toggle, for those games where some idiot just won't stop spamming them:

alias radoff "ignorerad 1;bind f9 radon"

alias radon "ignorerad 0;bind f9 radoff"

bind f9 "radoff"

Toggle voice chat, for when idiots won't stop shouting/spamming (yes, I'm allergic to assholes):

alias stfu stfu1
alias stfu1 "voice_enable 0; echo Voice OFF; alias stfu stfu2; play player\vo\idf\negative01"

alias stfu2 "voice_enable 1; echo Voice ON; alias stfu stfu1; play player\vo\idf\affirmative02"

bind f10 "stfu"

Toggle text chat:

bind f11 "ignoremsg"

Easily tell a BOT to stay put:

bind "Z" "holdpos"

(If people leave a competitve game you can control the BOT if you die, so hit Z to tell it to stay somewhere safe otherwise it will lemming in 100% of the time)

Toggle crosshair colour, which can be useful on certain maps:

alias "ch_color" "chclr_01"
alias "chclr_01" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 0; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 0; alias ch_color chclr_02"
alias "chclr_02" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 0; alias ch_color chclr_03"
alias "chclr_03" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 0; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 255; alias ch_color chclr_04"
alias "chclr_04" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 0; cl_crosshaircolor_g 255; cl_crosshaircolor_b 0; alias ch_color chclr_05"
alias "chclr_05" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g 255; cl_crosshaircolor_b 255; alias ch_color chclr_06"
alias "chclr_06" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 206; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 206; alias ch_color chclr_07"
alias "chclr_07" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g 255; cl_crosshaircolor_b 0; alias ch_color chclr_08"
alias "chclr_08" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 240; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 216; alias ch_color chclr_09"
alias "chclr_09" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 30; cl_crosshaircolor_g 219; cl_crosshaircolor_b 240; alias ch_color chclr_10"
alias "chclr_10" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 0; cl_crosshaircolor_g 100; cl_crosshaircolor_b 255; alias ch_color chclr_01"

bind f1 "ch_color"

As for crosshair, it's personal, use this site to generate one you like: Crosshair Generator

Oh and disable mouse acceleration, do this by making sure pointer precision is off in Windows (mouse section), and make sure it's off in any mouse software. Add these commands to your autoexec.cfg as well to completely disable it:

m_customaccel "0"
m_customaccel_exponent "0"
m_mouseaccel1 "0"
m_mouseaccel2 "0"
m_mousespeed "0"
m_rawinput "1"

As for video settings I have everything on max because I have a good PC and can maintain over 128FPS at all times, which is important for 128tick servers, adjust your settings to give optimal frame rate. Always turn off FXAA, it causes blurring. And never use vSync as it causes input lag.

My launch parameters (right click on CS in your Steam library, properties, launch options: -console -novid -tickrate 128 -high -threads 4
No intro, console opens when you open the game, 128 tickrate if you make offline games, high priority, total threads to use (depending on your CPU)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I saw this post earlier. Can I put this two command into my own autoexec and it will change the color of my own custom crosshair if I press F1?

Yeah, you need all the aliases as well that I posted. It will just toggle through all the main colours.

Oh and make sure

host_writeconfig

Is at the bottom of the autoexec, after all the rates, binds etc.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah, you need all the aliases as well that I posted. It will just toggle through all the main colours.

Oh and make sure

host_writeconfig

Is at the bottom of the autoexec, after all the rates, binds etc.

This is what I have in my autoexec.cfg right now. What exactly do I need to do to make it so I can change the color on the go? (sorry I'm not very good at this whole tweaking thing)
cl_crosshairstyle 4
cl_crosshairdot 0
cl_crosshairsize 3
cl_crosshairgap 0
cl_crosshairthickness 1
cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1
cl_crosshair_outlinethickness 1
cl_crosshairusealpha 0
cl_crosshairalpha 200
cl_crosshaircolor 5
cl_crosshaircolor_b 50
cl_crosshaircolor_r 250
cl_crosshaircolor_g 250

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Copy everything, this is just for your crosshair settings and the crosshair colour toggle script:

cl_crosshairstyle 4
cl_crosshairdot 0
cl_crosshairsize 3
cl_crosshairgap 0
cl_crosshairthickness 1
cl_crosshair_drawoutline 1
cl_crosshair_outlinethickness 1
cl_crosshairusealpha 0
cl_crosshairalpha 200
cl_crosshaircolor 5
cl_crosshaircolor_b 50
cl_crosshaircolor_r 250
cl_crosshaircolor_g 250

alias "ch_color" "chclr_01"
alias "chclr_01" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 0; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 0; alias ch_color chclr_02"
alias "chclr_02" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 0; alias ch_color chclr_03"
alias "chclr_03" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 0; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 255; alias ch_color chclr_04"
alias "chclr_04" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 0; cl_crosshaircolor_g 255; cl_crosshaircolor_b 0; alias ch_color chclr_05"
alias "chclr_05" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g 255; cl_crosshaircolor_b 255; alias ch_color chclr_06"
alias "chclr_06" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 206; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 206; alias ch_color chclr_07"
alias "chclr_07" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 255; cl_crosshaircolor_g 255; cl_crosshaircolor_b 0; alias ch_color chclr_08"
alias "chclr_08" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 240; cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; cl_crosshaircolor_b 216; alias ch_color chclr_09"
alias "chclr_09" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 30; cl_crosshaircolor_g 219; cl_crosshaircolor_b 240; alias ch_color chclr_10"
alias "chclr_10" "cl_crosshaircolor_r 0; cl_crosshaircolor_g 100; cl_crosshaircolor_b 255; alias ch_color chclr_01"

bind f1 "ch_color"

host_writeconfig

Shadownet

Banned
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
yeah. people always say competitive FPS are boring to watch

CS is amazing to watch, and the English casters are great. The only thing that lets it down are technical aspects, the stream bitrate and frame rate are woeful at ESL, it's much better when Anders is at home casting online games. For the next major Valve need to add a better voice codec and aim for 60fps @ 720p minimum, and I think it's about time GoTV stopped being 16tick.

soultron

Banned
yeah. people always say competitive FPS are boring to watch

I think one of the biggest difficulties with CS is that the camera is constantly jumping around and if you don't know the maps, it can be very hard to keep track of the core action. Also, it's still a game where I think you have to understand how hard it is to get a even 3 kills in a round in order to really appreciate it when it happens. The comebacks are amazing, but you really have to be watching the entire match to build that excitement.

Omega

Banned
I'm so tempted to pull an all-nighter but I missed C9 vs Dig because of that.

i need to move to europe. it sucks being a CS fan in america

Eusis

Operation Breakout worth buying for casual players? It's on sale for half off and I have enough in my Steam wallet, but if this is mainly worthwhile to hardcore players I may not bother.

Eusis on Steam by the way.

Sajjaja

Server decided to goto shit

7C45AA1F26727B031FE2B3CDA122652A684F18A8

We got called hackers.

Herla

I haven't played CS in years (I think I stopped shortly after Source), is it okay to get CSGO just because of nostalgia? Or is the community completely toxic at this point?

I haven't played CS in years (I think I stopped shortly after Source), is it okay to get CSGO just because of nostalgia? Or is the community completely toxic at this point?

It can be pretty rough in casual. Comp is somewhat better but there is asses there too. Not bad enough to stop playing though I don't think.

Herla

It can be pretty rough in casual. Comp is somewhat better but there is asses there too. Not bad enough to stop playing though I don't think.

Thanks, I guess I'll give it a shot. I didn't even know there were different "modes" and, reading about them, Competitive seems like the way to go anyway.

Mokoi

Banned
Operation Breakout worth buying for casual players? It's on sale for half off and I have enough in my Steam wallet, but if this is mainly worthwhile to hardcore players I may not bother.

Eusis on Steam by the way.

I think so. I'm not a hardcore player, and its kind of fun getting those missions done that are not comp related. Also you get those weapon drops.

It's the same as every other online community imo. You get the good and the bad. Comp is the way to go though. Just played a game with randoms, and they were pretty damm nice. Helped me complete one of those breakout missions.

Thanks, I guess I'll give it a shot. I didn't even know there were different "modes" and, reading about them, Competitive seems like the way to go anyway.

Competitive is just regular CS that's 5 v 5. It has Friendly fire.
Casual is 10 v 10 with free body armor and helmet. There is no FF on Casual and you can walk through bodies.

Casual is a bastard form of CS to me.

Herla

Holy shit I'm rusty.
Played my first match (decided to jump into competitive) and I'm glad I didn't understand a word my team was saying because it sure as hell didn't sound nice. How does one say "retarded" in russian? I think there was a lot of that.

Anyway we won 16 to 14 and I got the final kill so I guess it's fine.

cHinzo

Holy shit I'm rusty.
Played my first match (decided to jump into competitive) and I'm glad I didn't understand a word my team was saying because it sure as hell didn't sound nice. How does one say "retarded" in russian? I think there was a lot of that.

Anyway we won 16 to 14 and I got the final kill so I guess it's fine.

Just mute people who yell. It's what I do and it works. Also, don't focus on ur ranking and just focus on improving as a player and having fun. :)

Holycrap, Fnatic vs Na'Vi was epic. De clutches in the last game man. Flusha clutch maestro!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to say thanks for this. Was going to ask the regulars in this thread if they is a way to quickly change the crosshair color. Also all that other info was good too.

No problem, glad I could help.

Omega

Banned
Just spent $25 on keys and got nothing :(

IsMM broken? Says my wait times are < 1 minute yet I'm sitting in the lobbies for more than 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom