• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
After only playing with people in my friendslist for a loong time, I just joined a random comp match. Feels like I'm on XBL - wow. Russian dudes insulting each others moms, pretending to be AFK to get kicked, no callouts whatsoever. *shivers*

dave is ok

aztek is ok
After only playing with people in my friendslist for a loong time, I just joined a random comp match. Feels like I'm on XBL - wow. Russian dudes insulting each others moms, pretending to be AFK to get kicked, no callouts whatsoever. *shivers*
It really is secretly the worst online community. I come from Dota and League and I started playing this a bunch over the weekend and I was shocked.

What's up with someone begging to be kicked before round 5 of competitive in every single game? Who queues up for a 30 round thing when they only have 5 minutes?

It really is secretly the worst online community. I come from Dota and League and I started playing this a bunch over the weekend and I was shocked.

What's up with someone begging to be kicked before round 5 of competitive in every single game? Who queues up for a 30 round thing when they only have 5 minutes?

If they get kicked, it doesn't count as a loss, so it's better for their rank.
I never respond to those kick-me-please-beggers. If they really have to go, they won't worry about the 30 min cooldown anyway. And I'd still rather have a bad player than a bot.

I feel like the community isn't that bad overall. Sometimes you're unlucky and you get a bad match-up. It can help to only play on the western servers (using that Reddit tool posted before) but it's very much recommended to play with friends. It's the only way to get some real teamwork going, using mumble/ts.

soultron

Banned
Solo queuing is always a gamble. I always mute and report idiots. :)

Play with us in the CSGAF Steam group?

Also, I want to get in with someone for Comp MM if they'll have me. I'm the 4-star rank, if that matters? I'll play with anyone though, regardless of rank.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Crossposting from the steam thread:

Not sure if it's been discussed here but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case it hasn't been. There is currently a glitch going around where people are able to send trade offers for CS:GO items where the scammer is able to take your stuff without you getting the items up for trade in return. This is a completely legitimate bug that Valve hasn't addressed yet, and people are getting their expensive knives stolen left and right by these weasels. It basically goes like this:

*PM me if you want details*

Until this bug is fixed by Valve, I'd suggest holding on to your knives. Or if you're doing a knife trade, be very certain that the user you're trading with has enough space in their CS:GO inventory to receive ALL of your items.

As most of you know and as a general rule stay the fuck away from Russians.

Never got people like that in Counter Strike GO. Though I have only 60hrs under my belt.

Omega

Banned
How can I get good? In dm I can aim, in comp I can't most of the time (despite playing with silvers) and i can't clutch if my life depended on it.
There's more to CS than just aim. It certainly helps but learning maps, angles, how to use smokes/flash bang are vital to competitive.

Its a team game so there's not much you can do solo

Also, I want to get in with someone for Comp MM if they'll have me. I'm the 4-star rank, if that matters? I'll play with anyone though, regardless of rank.
Hit me up if I'm on. It's Unknown from the other night. Perhaps we can get udie as well.

Lourio

4 star as well, I sent you a friend request.

Cardigan

Only a 1 star but I'd like to play with some people besides randos.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've lost 5 bets in a row, every time I start to make a little I get smacked right back down. I will never get a knife. How the fuck do Epsilon lose to Mouz 2-0?

N3OQCjzRXr-8.png

M.J. Doja

Banned
Feeling pretty Valvey at the moment after getting back into TF2.. I want to bite.. I had no idea there were drops and spectator betting and all this!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Feeling pretty Valvey at the moment after getting back into TF2.. I want to bite.. I had no idea there were drops and spectator betting and all this!

Actually playing is pretty fun as well :D

K.Sabot

3 games in a row that someone is purposely trolling, flashing at spawn, buying p250s until his money is gone, shooting teammates after round is over.

Omega

Banned
I like how the team that is getting obliterated says good half. I wouldn't say that when I'm getting obliterated.

i rarely say it even if we're up at half.

Usually just upset with myself for making stupid mistakes

3 games in a row that someone is purposely trolling, flashing at spawn, buying p250s until his money is gone, shooting teammates after round is over.

what rank are you?

soultron

Banned

I had guys trying to bunny hop and TK an entire time, trying to get their teammates to vote them once we started destroying them as Ts on Nuke 1st half. We went pistols for the rest of the match in solidarity and tried to kill the griefers first.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What they should do is introduce unranked competitive. And you must play at least 10 games in unranked before you can do your 10 placement matches, this would hurt smurfing and give new players a chance to learn the game better without hurting others.

impact

Banned
What they should do is introduce unranked competitive. And you must play at least 10 games in unranked before you can do your 10 placement matches, this would hurt smurfing and give new players a chance to learn the game better without hurting others.

Unranked competitive? Wouldn't this be worse since there's no ranks holding noobs back from playing good players? The way they do it now is fine imo, they just need more ranks in the higher tiers. I've seen some DMGs that are awful and some that are incredible. Never seen such a broad rank in any game.

CoolS

Unranked competitive? Wouldn't this be worse since there's no ranks holding noobs back from playing good players? The way they do it now is fine imo, they just need more ranks in the higher tiers. I've seen some DMGs that are awful and some that are incredible. Never seen such a broad rank in any game.
Its not only about that, Casual teaches you sooooo many wrong things. Having unranked competetive would teach people the basics like buying armour. Also it would be great to enjoy a more laid back 5vs5 every once in a while.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Its not only about that, Casual teaches you sooooo many wrong things. Having unranked competetive would teach people the basics like buying armour. Also it would be great to enjoy a more laid back 5vs5 every once in a while.

Exactly. Unranked competitive would let you learn the game properly, economy is a big part of CS but you'd never know playing causal.

Hey CS-GAF, as one of the moderators of the CS steam group I'm hoping to start setting up some events and in-house games for the community in the near future. If you guys have the time please take this quick survey to help me get a general sense of what type of events you're interested in and what your skill level is. Thanks!

Volodja

There could still be a ranking, it may just have to be hidden, like in Dota 2 where you have Ranked that has a viewable MMR and Unranked that has an hidden MMR.

I would scrap MM in general and go back to old fashion community servers. I think there is less community servers because people just play match making matches.

soultron

Banned
Hey CS-GAF, as one of the moderators of the CS steam group I'm hoping to start setting up some events and in-house games for the community in the near future. If you guys have the time please take this quick survey to help me get a general sense of what type of events you're interested in and what your skill level is. Thanks!

Dat last question. c:

Oreoleo

There could still be a ranking, it may just have to be hidden, like in Dota 2 where you have Ranked that has a viewable MMR and Unranked that has an hidden MMR.

Bingo. They have already solved this problem in Dota, don't know why they couldn't bring it over CS:GO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom