• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

MM >>>>> old community servers. By a longshot. Having to deal with angry 12 year olds rage quitting in the middle of a PUG was never fun.

cHinzo

MM >>>>> old community servers. By a longshot. Having to deal with angry 12 year olds rage quitting in the middle of a PUG was never fun.

Not if u played in the same pub with the same friendly people. I miss those communities in CS:GO. Fun times. ;__;

Repgnar

I'd be down playing with some gaffers. In house league of legends games were always fun even when there was a skill gap difference. I'm sitting around Master Guardian 2 at the moment I think? Planning on getting quite a few ranked games in this weekend though.

udiie

im definitely down

4 star as well, I sent you a friend request.

Hit me up if I'm on. It's Unknown from the other night. Perhaps we can get udie as well.

Solo queuing is always a gamble. I always mute and report idiots. :)

Play with us in the CSGAF Steam group?

Also, I want to get in with someone for Comp MM if they'll have me. I'm the 4-star rank, if that matters? I'll play with anyone though, regardless of rank.

Only a 1 star but I'd like to play with some people besides randos.

Dunno if you guys will still be playing but I'll be on after work tonight ~1am EST. I'll hit you up if I see you online.

I'd be down playing with some gaffers. In house league of legends games were always fun even when there was a skill gap difference. I'm sitting around Master Guardian 2 at the moment I think? Planning on getting quite a few ranked games in this weekend though.

7 people for tonight? did i miss anyone/anyone else interested so we can fill out two groups?

trolho

Neo Member
Yeah I got 76 points. I luckily picked perfectly on the final day and got there. I thought I was screwed. Not sure if it was really worth the $10 bucks of stickers but I just told myself that I was supporting the tournament scene. It did make all the matches more exciting.

Damn you! I wanted that trophy so much...

How the hell did you waste 10$ on stickers? I bought them all on first day and it was about 4 or 5 euros.

K.Sabot

6 games in a row since I''ve had a game that hasn't had a troll or abandon,

I'm deranking and it's only getting worse. Back to community servers it is.

udiie

alright im going to be on for the next little while. anybody who wants to play can feel free to message me (steam: udiie). i dont think we'll have all 7 show for tonight but if theres more, post anyway and we can assemble more than one group

trolho

Neo Member
6 games in a row since I''ve had a game that hasn't had a troll or abandon,

I'm deranking and it's only getting worse. Back to community servers it is.

Don't go on competitive matchmaking alone. That happens to me all the time. It's supposed to be less frequent on higher ranks though.

Edit: Actually got 4 trolls twice on my secondary account which is Nova 4. So I wonder what rank must one have to not get trolls.

Oreoleo

I could maybe join you guys for a game tonight. Haven't played in a while so I might be a little rusty, but it should come back to me easy enough.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ed

FWIW My actual rank is Nova 2, but I've been as high as Gold AK 1. I feel like I'm probably around Nova3/4 though.

Noricart

Hey guys, as someone who has just bought this game and has never played CS before, is there anything that I should be keen on before beginning? Any beginners tips? Or can I just roll with it and learn as I go? (I'm assuming this isn't a good idea.)

Oreoleo

if you've got a full lobby go for it; i've got danielcw and atsou (?) waiting with me. if anyone else still wants to join let me know soon or ill be starting

I thought we were gonna do an in-house 5v5? I might be able to get a couple more if need be.

We were wondering if you guys wanted to do an inhouse scrim since we have two full teams potentially.

Quote for mumble info, if anyone wants to join us down in the tea shoppe channel :

Can you link or pm me your steamidpage and I'll add you. I'm also mg2 - though did pick up a smurf account in the last sale so I can play with whoever.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Honestly? Because there isn't a casual mode that resembles real CS. 7v7 (or is it 10v10?) with unlimited $ every round is bullshit.

Servers could do it. But honestly: Do you need 5v5? My major problem with competitive AND casual is that the stats report for both modes. If casual is meant to be "casual" don't report my stats. :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Lost another bet, that's 5/5 lost on American games. It honestly looked like Temp threw the game, it was like they were Gold Nova II players. It seems odd that the team that's supposed to win never does in the NA scene.

Oreoleo

Servers could do it. But honestly: Do you need 5v5? My major problem with competitive AND casual is that the stats report for both modes. If casual is meant to be "casual" don't report my stats. :/

In the context of "why do noobs play comp when they have no mic?" I think the answer is yes.

Give them a mode that resembles competitive without being competitive, and you will get rid of a lot of the people that are just looking to mess around or practice or whatever.

Hey guys, as someone who has just bought this game and has never played CS before, is there anything that I should be keen on before beginning? Any beginners tips? Or can I just roll with it and learn as I go? (I'm assuming this isn't a good idea.)
Check out WarOwl's channel and watch anything listed as a tutorial.

Some pointers to keep in mind going in are:

1. Before hopping into competitive matchmaking, play some casual and deathmatch first. Casual will let you get some bearing on the round based gameplay, while deathmatch can help you learn weapon handling.

2. Get used to the handling of the M4A4/M4A1-S, AK-47, and AWP, as they're going to be the primary weapons you'll see in play.

3. Armour is incredibly important, getting the full Kevlar and helmet is crucial when you're buying but if you're too strapped for cash you can get by with only buying Kevlar on the Counter-Terrorist side, as the Terrorist's AKs can kill you in a single headshot, whereas an M4 will require two shots if they have a helmet. So long as you have any armour remaining, it will reduce the same amount of damage, so you'll only want to top up once you've hit around 40% or so as to not waste cash.

4. When you are shooting with automatics you must stay still, there is no control to be had when moving and shooting. If you want to be mobile in an encounter you're going to have to get a handle on burst fire and juking, running and gunning is not something you want to do. You can get away with it a bit with the main pistols you'll use however (P2000/USP, Glock, CZ-75, P250, Five-SeveN).

5. I would recommend using the game's default crosshair while you're still learning movement and weapon handling, it gives an accurate reading on your current spread and gives you feedback on recoil and shot pacing.

TheSeks

Give them a mode that resembles competitive without being competitive, and you will get rid of a lot of the people that are just looking to mess around or practice or whatever.

That's kinda what Casual is already for. Problem is custom maps + sounds + etc. and not having a matchmaking browser filter that you can set the maximum number of players for the server to matchmake into.

AND STATS REPORTING FOR ALL MATCHES. WHY IS MY 10vs10 MATCHES REPORTED LIKE COMPETITIVE 5vs5 VOLVO PLZ PLZ VOLVO

TheSeks

But 10v10 with drop-in/out sucks man. Pretty much everyone agrees.

Eh, the same could be said for 5v5. People will drop-in/out with casual. Which is probably why people even without mics go to competitive.

I updated the gaf server to follow comp rules, player limit is 10. I picked a few more popular maps as well as some less popular Breakout maps. (Hey you can practice Rush now!)

Though I'm not the one to talk since I was late today, we should come up with play times for the weekdays and weekends.

If we have 10 people we can play on the gaf server. 5, we can just play match making. Anything between I'm not sure.

Wunder

Though I'm not the one to talk since I was late today, we should come up with play times for the weekdays and weekends.

If we have 10 people we can play on the gaf server. 5, we can just play match making. Anything between I'm not sure.

Yes please! Would love to play some inhouses with GAFers

Hey CS-GAF, as one of the moderators of the CS steam group I'm hoping to start setting up some events and in-house games for the community in the near future. If you guys have the time please take this quick survey to help me get a general sense of what type of events you're interested in and what your skill level is. Thanks!

Done. Great idea, would be sweet to have a small tournament set up with some gaffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom