• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
Hey CS-GAF, as one of the moderators of the CS steam group I'm hoping to start setting up some events and in-house games for the community in the near future. If you guys have the time please take this quick survey to help me get a general sense of what type of events you're interested in and what your skill level is. Thanks!

Can I get an invite to the CS group. http://steamcommunity.com/id/mokoi

I'll like to play with people who aren't randoms. Just a silver 3 though :(

Mokoi

Banned
Don't sell yourself short, you're better than a silver 3. I'd like to think I am too I just do horribly on some maps.

Ha yeah, I had some pretty good games with boogy tonight. Although I chalk that up as being the booze. Also mirage is never our map.

KiKaL

Damn you! I wanted that trophy so much...

How the hell did you waste 10$ on stickers? I bought them all on first day and it was about 4 or 5 euros.

I originally opened 3 - 4 capsules..maybe even 5 before I realized I should just checkout the marketplace to buy the ones I needed.

Lourio

Lol chinzo that sucks!

I usually play every night around 8/9 PM EST, so I am definitely down for more games. I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday for a week, but I'll see you guys tonight!

Don't go on competitive matchmaking alone. That happens to me all the time. It's supposed to be less frequent on higher ranks though.

Edit: Actually got 4 trolls twice on my secondary account which is Nova 4. So I wonder what rank must one have to not get trolls.

It's the same frequency on higher ranks. I got trolled three games in a row at MG2. In the last match my teammate kept getting dc'd because his family was unplugging the router to force him to do chores.

Mokoi

Banned
I hit my apex before Mirage, clearly. After that, well... I shoulda just logged off and watched some Netflix or something. I walked right past the "right" amount of booze. If you spoke to me in person you probably wouldn't even know I was a 'lil drunk, but the aim... good god, the aim. Like I said to Shadownet after the match, this is why you don't drink and drive. :p

Our group has to work on improving T side on all maps. CT sided maps ruin us, but we're not too strong on T on any map, really.

Haha, my aim only gets better. :p Although my decision making gets worse and worse.

Yeah we need to work on being terrorist scum. At least I do. I need to start shooting before the guy comes around. Should of clutched that one round on mirage.

Hugstable

Banned
Haha, my aim only gets better. :p Although my decision making gets worse and worse.

Yeah we need to work on being terrorist scum. At least I do. I need to start shooting before the guy comes around. Should of clutched that one round on mirage.

I really need to work on T sided stuff as well, especially Mirage! I don't think I've ever even had a somewhat decent match on that map lol. Some maps click with me during some games, but Mirage always throws me for a loop and I end up making horrible decisions all the time, especially when it comes to what corners to check.

cresto

Nominating Overgrown, imo best map from Operation Breakout and is a pretty decent 5v5 competitive map.

It's a good map, but it's heavily graphics intense. I start off around 30 fps CT spawn. Kinda blows. I hope they optimize if it gets more play time. I also don't like that T's can get to A quicker than CTs. No chance to set up and too easily flanked by Ts from mid

soultron

Banned
As a tip for people about solo queuing, do it a few times until you can friend someone who's communicating and friendly. Then open a lobby, invite them, and repeat the process until you have a team of 5. Also, be sure to commend players who are friendly/communicative/willing to teach you!

I read that on a Steam tutorial posted on r/GlobalOffensive yesterday and thought it was awesome advice.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I can set up the gaf server to use comp rules if you guys want. Any map preferences?

that would be AWESOME

dust 1
dust 2 :electric boogyloo
dust 3: revenge of dust
dust 4: it's still dusty guys
dust 5: return of dust
dust 6: seriously clean this shit up

seriousness aside, we should definitely like set up teams and times for when to play competitive to make sure we get spots and teams down, would be awesome to have a serious match against some gaffers >:D

also the games we played last night were crazy, the first two games the teams both forfeited (WE NEEDED 16 WINS GOD DAMN it) so we ended up playing two half rounds and then two full games.

soultron

Banned
So happy to hear that. It was a great tournament and hopefully Valve and commentators/tourney companies continue to enable a great viewing experience, both in-game and on Twitch.

Great news.

Wunder

T side stuff gets pretty dicey once you start playing more and more, but there's two key things you can do to improve your performance on that half - Learn the AK spray and make sure you aim at their head, more often than the m4, and learn one or two easy smokes for each site.

The reason I say more often than the m4 is that because the AK can 1 tap from any range, it makes it a lot more rewarding to aim at the head, since that target will die instantly if you do. Compare that to the m4 where you have to hit them again, and you may end up not controlling the recoil and shooting above their head, thus not killing them.

Also, simply smoking off a single opening/angle of a site creates a lot of space on most maps, thus allowing you to at least begin poking the site and trying your luck, rather than hoping for a push or a lucky pick.

cresto

that would be AWESOME

dust 1
dust 2 :electric boogyloo
dust 3: revenge of dust
dust 4: it's still dusty guys
dust 5: return of dust
dust 6: seriously clean this shit up

seriousness aside, we should definitely like set up teams and times for when to play competitive to make sure we get spots and teams down, would be awesome to have a serious match against some gaffers >:D

also the games we played last night were crazy, the first two games the teams both forfeited (WE NEEDED 16 WINS GOD DAMN it) so we ended up playing two half rounds and then two full games.

I want in. Then again, I might destroy you :eek:

Clydefrog

Lost 16-2 last night against a team of smurfs (90 hours played, only 1 steam game in their library). i'm so sick of it.

the 2 wins, however, were both aces by me. personal victory *sarcastically waves flag*

How do you bind grenades to specific buttons?

Specific types? There are bind settings for that in the keyboard/mouse settings menu.

Or you can do it in console/script files, e.g.
Code:
bind 4 "use weapon_hegrenade;"
bind mouse4 "use weapon_smokegrenade;"
bind mouse5 "use weapon_knife; use weapon_flashbang;"
bind pgdn "use weapon_molotov;use weapon_incgrenade;"

The knife on the flashbang is to get around the delay enforced when trying to select flashbang again right after throwing one. Need this for fast nade combos. =)

Elija2

So I bought this game during the sale but my laptop is having troubles running it at 60fps even with all the settings set to low. I don't suppose there's anything else I could do to improve performance, is there?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So I bought this game during the sale but my laptop is having troubles running it at 60fps even with all the settings set to low. I don't suppose there's anything else I could do to improve performance, is there?
lowering the resolution is your next best bet

cresto

I have the same issue. I have several commands in an autoexec (look it up if you dont know what this is) that help marginally. Biggest thing is to use this site to help out: http://csgohelp.com/ From there set up your launch properties as well to help (i.e. cores used, giving csgo priority). The other thing is lowering the res. I use something like 1280x720 at a 16:9 res. I now average 80 fps versus 40 with full res.

Haroon

If you guys are playing together most of the time, I suggest making some default strats for yourselves such as a pistol strat, gun strat, and eco strat. Here's an example of a gun round strategy:

This will be a rushing during the gun round (AK's, M4's, AWP, etc) in the map called de_inferno. You have two guys go up alternative mid, and three guys up mid from T ramp. The three guys that are going up from T ramp grenade the left side of middle (the most common spot for a person who is attempting to awp there). As they go up, if there is an AWPer on the left side, the middle guys smoke right, and head towards the left. Now you have a couple of decisions to make here.

Do you want to go from CT spawn, and work on B? Do you want to hold that position, and wait for pushes from the CT's? Do you want to work on Speedway instead? Did you take out the guy that was watching Archway? As you can see, there are a lot of choices once you get a hold of a key point in the map. In this case, we will assume that you have taken out the guy that was covering Archway. You split up to three people on Speedway so that you can trade a kill, and two people going up from Archway. You kill the two remaining CT's (One of them is probably in apartments attempting to flank you, or in big pit, but these positions will change depending on your enemies play style), and plant the winner.

Once it has been planted, you guys take various positions to cover the entrances to the site. Use Mumble to communicate on what you're watching so that way everyone is covered. Such as watching Archway/Library from pit, and watching apartments from grave yard, etc... Once that's done, you just hold your positions and eliminate any enemies that come your way. Things like smokes, grenades, flashbangs, and molotovs can enhance these strategies even further.

I hope you found this post helpful, and I realize that it takes a lot of time to plan these things, but if you execute them properly, you will have a much easier time dealing with the CT's on T side.

Elija2

I have the same issue. I have several commands in an autoexec (look it up if you dont know what this is) that help marginally. Biggest thing is to use this site to help out: http://csgohelp.com/ From there set up your launch properties as well to help (i.e. cores used, giving csgo priority). The other thing is lowering the res. I use something like 1280x720 at a 16:9 res. I now average 80 fps versus 40 with full res.

I've already messed around with the launch options and resolution so I guess an autoexec is my last hope. Thanks.

CoolS

Played a game with Crazy Maniac today. Unfortunately I was out because of Wifi lags and we couldn't hold A site on mirage those 2 rounds, otherwise I'm sure we might have actually made the comeback a real thing.

CZ will so get nerfed. According to Hiko, majority of the pros think it's overpowered and made statements about how it's very hard to win eco rounds against it.

CoolS

CZ will so get nerfed. According to Hiko, majority of the pros think it's overpowered and made statements about how it's very hard to win eco rounds against it.

Either the rate of fire will go down, or like somebody on reddit suggested, maybe 3 magazines of 8 bullets. Or even both. But I agree, the way it is now the eco rounds are way to effective.

Pros using the CZ over the AK in certain situation at ESL should tell you everything..

Either that, or I can see them raising it's price. It's criminally cheap.

They would have to raise the price so much it isn't viable anymore. Even at 500 the chances it gives you to get 1 or two frags PLUS snatch a weapon away seems way too good to me.

I would make the cz cost a shitload if there is no serious stats nerf. Like 800 expensive. Even so, 800 dollars cz is a bargain in comparison to the Deagle.

I think it's more than just price. The firerate in conjunction with the damage per shot makes it a beast. It costing 300 dollars is just icing on the cake.

I think the most interesting nerf I've heard suggested for the CZ was to give it the kind of inaccuracy that spamming a pistol results in instead of having it act like a pocket rifle.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I would make the cz cost a shitload if there is no serious stats nerf. Like 800 expensive. Even so, 800 dollars cz is a bargain in comparison to the Deagle.

I think it's more than just price. The firerate in conjunction with the damage per shot makes it a beast. It costing 300 dollars is just icing on the cake.
800 is a great way to ensure everyone will go back to the P250.

soultron

Banned
I think the most interesting nerf I've heard suggested for the CZ was to give it the kind of inaccuracy that spamming a pistol results in instead of having it act like a pocket rifle.
Yep. It's way too easy to hold down the trigger and then use normal recoil control to dump 12 shots in a tight group. I felt like I got this down in a few TDM rounds without even shooting a wall or looking the spray group up online.

The problem I have with it's price being raised is that it's supposed to be an alternative option to the p250 not it's own gun. I say nerf it just because I want there to be a reason to use the deagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom