• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal

Banned
I haven't had access to my gaming PC for 2 weeks now and it is likely I won't for another month at the very least.

I'm jonesing for some CS.

Haroon

Aren't you the one who stomped the scrub team with me and Paulink? If you're up for being patient with us I promise I'll listen to what you ask us to do, lol

Yes, that's me. I have invested in another smurf account so, we will queue up with people that are within your ranks. I am usually on during the afternoon hours almost everyday. Please let me know whenever you would like to play (I will be pretty laid back when it comes to winning the matches). I just wanted to add a few ground rules. Why? Because I would prefer to play alongside decent people (I am not saying that you guys are like that. It's just that from my past experiences, it was not good times).

- No Racism.
- No Bad Sportsmanship

K.Sabot

Finally got rid of the knife, could have gotten more but it was damn near insufferable to sell it and I'm glad it's gone.

Gave the guy a 3 day satisfaction guarantee so I might be doing it all again lol.

Mokoi

Banned
If people really want to get their ranks higher, I can try to be of assistance.

Getting ranked up is secondary, but getting better is first. I'll listen to any help you can give. Dealing with racism myself I would never act in such a manner, and I'm a good sport. It's just online game after all. Also sent ya a request.

Sajjaja

Getting ranked up is secondary, but getting better is first. I'll listen to any help you can give. Dealing with racism myself I would never act in such a manner, and I'm a good sport. It's just online game after all. Also sent ya a request.
This guy is the most racist one I've met. Don't believe his racist lies.

Truth. He also plays drunk so that tells you a lot about his attitude.

I also want to get better but I still don't have a mic. Waiting to get my new one before I start playing CS more.

Mokoi

Banned
Aren't you the one who stomped the scrub team with me and Paulink? If you're up for being patient with us I promise I'll listen to what you ask us to do, lol

Don't listen to boogy. He doesn't need help since he is no longer silver scrub.

I will laugh once you lose Gold Nova 1.

---
So does valve never release any updates when the servers go to shit?

PriitV

So uh, i'm a lonely silver but I want to get better and playing solo just isn't that fun when people in silver don't really communicate, how would I go ahead and start playing comp with you eurogaf people? Is there a steamchat you use or irc?

Wunder

So uh, i'm a lonely silver but I want to get better and playing solo just isn't that fun when people in silver don't really communicate, how would I go ahead and start playing comp with you eurogaf people? Is there a steamchat you use or irc?

eurogaf uniteeeee we should start a steamchat and/or irc.

Divius

I'm not sure if a new group is the right way to go but here goes - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eucsgaf ; let me know if you want an invite and invite others yourself who play in eu servers/timezones. Perhaps we can get enough interested people from Gaf so we'd always get a 5 people lobby going.
It is an open group atm and I joined it. It's fun teaming up with GAFers from different ranks, very varied teams and opponents usually.

Valve's matchmaking is just too good. Of course you match a group of five solo-queued mutes against a 4-man clan stack. It makes perfect sense!

Edit: Oh my teammates talked! And in Russian! Fantastic.

Rixxan

played 8 matches today

ranked from Distinguished Master Guardian to Legendary Eagle Master

22985115adec0c8c635b40e11892c141.jpg

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
The lag seems to be done with now? Played a comp game just now and it felt normal again. Phew.

No, we had a lag spike in a game we played today, always happens on overpass too. thankfully the lag went away and we could play for real.

I'm never going to rank up. :( Also stat tracking for this game is just sad.

Edit: are there any guides that show important smoke/flash grenade throws? I really need to start using grenades, I rarely use smokes and frags and never use flash grenades.

ironmang

I like your moustache. Err, never mind. Does anyone here use a 144hz monitor? If so, how much of a difference does it make if you're upgrading from 120hz?

More importantly, how is 144 after 60? Thinking of upgrading my shitty old 17 inch Sony LCD into one of those 24 inch ASUS beasts. Dropping 270 on a monitor is a lot right now but I can make it work if it makes a world of difference.

Xizk

More importantly, how is 144 after 60? Thinking of upgrading my shitty old 17 inch Sony LCD into one of those 24 inch ASUS beasts. Dropping 270 on a monitor is a lot right now but I can make it work if it makes a world of difference.

I have 120hz and it makes a big difference. Really helps my aim as the mouse movement is so smooth.

darkace

Banned

I'm a global on 144Hz, and a DMG on 60HZ. The difference it makes insane.

I'd play better with a basic keyboard, shitty wireless mouse and a 144hz screen than I would with a zowie mouse, mechanical keyboard and a 60Hz monitor.

cHinzo

I'm never going to rank up. :( Also stat tracking for this game is just sad.

Edit: are there any guides that show important smoke/flash grenade throws? I really need to start using grenades, I rarely use smokes and frags and never use flash grenades.

What is ur rank? Until like AK (Master Guardian) it's all about aiming man. Too many ways to screw up throwing nades.

I have 120hz and it makes a big difference. Really helps my aim as the mouse movement is so smooth.

I'm a global on 144Hz, and a DMG on 60HZ. The difference it makes insane.

I'd play better with a basic keyboard, shitty wireless mouse and a 144hz screen than I would with a zowie mouse, mechanical keyboard and a 60Hz monitor.

Agreed, makes a massive difference. I don't think I can go back to 60Hz. Also, if you have the capability, lightboost @ 120 > 144.

Haroon

Are we down to play some CS:GO later this afternoon? We shall play competitive matches, but they will be for teaching some of the mechanics of the game. So, we might not win them (we will probably win, but I just want to add that there's a possibility that you might lose your current rank).

Edit: It is US (Eastern).

ViviOggi

Are we down to play some CS:GO later this afternoon? We shall play competitive matches, but they will be for teaching some of the mechanics of the game. So, we might not win them (we will probably win, but I just want to add that there's a possibility that you might lose your current rank).

You talking US or EU? I'm definitely down for some competitive with EUGAF later on, probably wouldn't be too enjoyable with US ping though.

soultron

Banned
Agreed, makes a massive difference. I don't think I can go back to 60Hz. Also, if you have the capability, lightboost @ 120 > 144.
Yeah, I'm using light boost @ 120 here as well for CS. I have one of those BenQ monitors. I'll never go back to 60 Hz. I play games in 120/144 if the option is there. I'll never forget the moment I hooked it up... Even my Windows mouse cursor felt smooth as silk.

I'd say only go for it if CS is your main game. Light boost tends to blow out colours even with compensation adjustments.

Still, going to 120 for me was like the first time I saw 60 on a PC game, coming from consoles that were like barely 30 at the time.

Mokoi

Banned

Edit: It is US (Eastern).

Ahh, sucks I'm going to busy all day. Would of been down to play.

Haroon

I'll try to make it Atsuo, no guarantees though. If I'm on steam just message Unknown.

Alright man, that sounds good. There's no pressure for anything. I realize that setting a specific time to play a game is pretty ridiculous in this day, and age. If you're on, just message me if you would like to play. If I don't respond, it's probably because I am not here.

I'll never forget the moment I hooked it up... Even my Windows mouse cursor felt smooth as silk.
I still get this feeling every day: my top screen is 60Hz so doing anything on that is jarring when I've been using the nice monitors for a while. It still feels smooth... but it's very obvious that the motion you're seeing is made up of discrete images, like looking at a zoetrope.

120 LB : Silky goodness
144 : So smooth =O
60 : Zoetrope
45 : MS PowerPoint
30 : Why was this allowed to happen?!

Rixxan

could someone be a dear and link me to a couple of these monitors in question?

i would love to grab one if its that big of an assist

i guess it would be kind of like playing on oldschool CRTs in terms of refresh rate?

Edit: Just hit Member status with this post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom