• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
Party tiiiiime!
Excellllennnnntt!
Weoweoweoweow!!
/metal guitar riff
waynes-world-3.jpg

Kakulin

Banned
How active is this game on PS3? Thinking about downloading tonite. (Used to play CS Source on PC back in the day). No PC at the moment...

Frostburn

Can someone PM me the GAF server info? I don't see it in the OP and I just started playing CS:GO after playing a bunch of CS, 1.6 and Source until about 5 years ago. Getting back into it now but it is a bit different. Anyway I'd love to play with some of you guys! Steam Name is Frostburn

MayMay

Banned
Holy shit, anyone elses comp matches laggy as fuck? 2 matches in a row literally everyone on the server experienced horrible lag, missing sounds, skipping all over the place etc. Since the patch.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Holy shit, anyone elses comp matches laggy as fuck? 2 matches in a row literally everyone on the server experienced horrible lag, missing sounds, skipping all over the place etc. Since the patch.

this happened in a game either yesterday or the day before yesterday on overpass, the lag was just insufferable, it was crazy.

Elija2

So I was messing around with CS:GO settings again to try and get my performance up and I think I found the culprit of my low performance: the "-threads" launch option. I got rid of it and suddenly I got a 10+ fps boost. Now my fps is consistently around the 50+ range which I guess is alright. Lowering my resolution doesn't improve my fps much so I'm guessing my laptop has a bottleneck that is restricting the game from performing any better. Oh well, at least it's playable now.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Party Zeus!

Vitaliy Genkin via csgo_servers posted: Happy anniversary on behalf of entire CS:GO team!

- The Zeus is now allowed in competitive

- Zeus also now costs $100

- The modified Zeus now will play a party horn sound, and confetti will come out

- Numerous others are also reporting:

- Bomb defuses will also play the above party horn sound and will have balloons

- Chickens now have party hats - when they explode, they'll explode into confetti

- Size is ~15 MB

soultron

Banned

Me too. I had a ping of 30 and the game was basically unplayable for me tonight. Guys dying before or after shots went out from my gun, movement skipping, HSs not counting, everything. Sucks.

This update is fucking awful. Campers with cheap ass Zeuses around every corner, plus so many TKs on every team i played with. Guess I'm done until they unfuck the game.

Yup, been really bad. Apparently it's the East Coast servers or something, whatever it is, it's basically been unplayable the last couple of days for me.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just played a comp match and yeah, the hiccups we were having were insufferable, I hated it, but we managed to scratch out a win. It wasn't as bad as that one overpass match (the whole game was just bad) but still unacceptable.

Now I know why warowl was insisting on playing on public comp servers today.

Mokoi

Banned
This update is fucking awful. Campers with cheap ass Zeuses around every corner, plus so many TKs on every team i played with. Guess I'm done until they unfuck the game.

I have yet to die by a Zeus. Haven't run into any campers with those.

Just played a comp match and yeah, the hiccups we were having were insufferable, I hated it, but we managed to scratch out a win. It wasn't as bad as that one overpass match (the whole game was just bad) but still unacceptable.

Now I know why warowl was insisting on playing on public comp servers today.

Every time I ending up spectating, you would be lagging all over the place. Must of been real annoying.

Atruvius

Played one comp last night and it was pretty annoying. The enemies rank were Gold Nova 1 and one or two were silver. Most of us were Gold Nova 1 and one had no rank. They beat us 3 - 15. I check their Steam profile and they all had 200-500h of playtime. Two from our party lost their ranks.

They had obviously lowered their ranks so they can beat up noobs like us. Why do people do this? :/

I got to stop missing out on the fun.

Thinking about pulling my old training regiment. Deagle headshot training, so it'll transfer to my assault rifle skills. It worked well for me in cs 1.6. I wonder if it'll work on go.

Divius

I'm trying to bet via csgolounge but all I am seeing is a plethora of errors

"queues are full" "try again in a few seconds" "bots can't connect to steam" "can't retrieve your inventory"

This is happening now, but the same thing happened when I tried during ESL as well.

Is this normal?

I'm trying to bet via csgolounge but all I am seeing is a plethora of errors

"queues are full" "try again in a few seconds" "bots can't connect to steam" "can't retrieve your inventory"

This is happening now, but the same thing happened when I tried during ESL as well.

Is this normal?

Yes. Trying to get my bet in for the ESL One final was a nightmare.

Should be noted I was playing with a very low ranking friend, and the zeus kept picking him + our teammates off because apparently nobody at lower levels can speak or listen to warning.

For $100 and lower ranked players to get picked in seconds is annoying, on top of the accidental TKs they keep pulling off trying to zeus.

And yea that combined with the shitty server performance last night made things more irritating.

MutFox

Banned
I deranked!

Played with an AK and 3 unranked last night.
One of the unranked left 7 rounds in cause they were tired... (They were getting schooled)

We actually did better with their bot...
Except when the bot went in guns blazing,
no one could use the bot if it was dead. :|

Won the game after. (only 1 unranked, and they're good)
We even had a teammate trolling (knifing and shooting us...)

MutFox

Banned
So do you guys have fave guns?

So far like the M4, AK, Steyr, SG553, P90, DE...
As for shotties, Nova is cool, MAG is sweet, so is the auto at times...
Still getting used to the guns, so my preferences will prob change. :p

impact

Banned
So do you guys have fave guns?

So far like the M4, AK, Steyr, SG553, P90, DE...
As for shotties, Nova is cool, MAG is sweet, so is the auto at times...
Still getting used to the guns, so my preferences will prob change. :p

AK is the best gun and my favorite. I always take AK when possible.

Dunno if I shoulda bet so high, but I'm glad GuardiaN came through at the end

Gmbpc9j.png

Clydefrog

Finally managed to get a bet through: 'There was an error accepting this trade offer. Please try again later.

You cannot trade with CSLNG | botname'

Come on.

I only tried betting twice.. I thought it went through the first time but apparently I didn't follow up correctly or something. The second time I tried it said something about using a new device (I used the same device -- my only PC) and I got banned from trading for 7 days. Fuck that shit.

Divius

Yeah I had that same thing last week during ESL, which why I wanted to try again today. But it seemed to have worked so I can't wait to gamble away all my skins.

MayMay

Banned
Just had the laggiest match I've ever had in my life, so laggy - even the voice chat was messed up and I couldnt understand anyone. My Internet is totally fine though.

Valve fix pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom