• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that's pathetic.
Not hard to believe. Some people made well over a grand on that match alone.

oyG0U6p.jpg

ironmang

Seems like servers are still garbage. What a way to celebrate the anniversary.

Welp, bet on London Conspiracy because it seemed like a sure thing but the game was DDOS'ed or something so they lost. Fun times.

I think they were just a little overrated. Both teams have had similar results against the top teams with neither really getting any good wins. Definitely shouldn't have been 71-29.

cHinzo

Welp, bet on London Conspiracy because it seemed like a sure thing but the game was DDOS'ed or something so they lost. Fun times.

LC didn't lose because they were DDoS'd lol (a player from OG was getting DDoS'd). LC kept making the same mistakes and OG took advantage of it. Also some huge clutches from Musamban1 (quad kill during pistol and a 1 vs 3 clutch) in the second map to give OG the lead.

soultron

Banned
Ugh. We just tried to play competitive MM and the lag/packet loss was so fucking awful. Couldn't hit shit, etc. It was impossible to do save rounds.

Haroon

Ugh. We just tried to play competitive MM and the lag/packet loss was so fucking awful. Couldn't hit shit, etc. It was impossible to do save rounds.

Haha, I had some games in which I had to predict where the enemy was going to be because he would teleport around like some sort of a jumper. I hope they fix the servers soon :\.

Frostburn

Has Valve acknowledged the issues and said anything about it yet? I've never seen the game unplayable to this level before and its a real shame with all the attention CS got after ASL One. I'm finally getting back into CS after a 5 year break and this happens the second week in, sucks big time.

ironmang

Going to reask this since I didn't find any responses first time. :(

Anybody here have any success trading? I usually get a lot of 3-5 dollar skins from betting but don't really see any way to trade them up efficiently. Every offer I get is heavily in their favor. Should I be not using the lounge for trading? Or just being the one sending constant trade offers hoping I get a good deal?

CoolS

Has Valve acknowledged the issues and said anything about it yet? I've never seen the game unplayable to this level before and its a real shame with all the attention CS got after ASL One. I'm finally getting back into CS after a 5 year break and this happens the second week in, sucks big time.
Valve almost never ever communicates anything about CS GO. Every 2 months or so a dev will post something on reddit and thats it. What we do know is that they keep a close eye on reddit, so they DO onow about it. Whether or not they will do something is another queation though...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Going to reask this since I didn't find any responses first time. :(

Honestly, either bet them or sell them. Don't trade them. You're going to get a lot of trade-offers that are HEAVILY in their favor for good reason: They're trying to get a better deal than you would if you just outright sold it.

impact

Banned
Betting that high is really stupid lol. Can't rely on a pro to carry unknowns vs unknowns.

I'm going hard on my road 2 karambit

Anyways I just got harassed for doing too good in a casual match that I was doing for a mission. Gotta love this games community.

Any of you been following the drama that's been going on in these last 12 hours?
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/cevo-match-fixing-netcode-guide-ibuypower/
In short IBP is being accused of throwing the game against Netcodes. Now the guy who was uncovering all this in these screenshots is claiming he was just "trying to be cool to his friend" (Detective Summit had him on for a while on stream). Now people are throwing accusations around at IBP for being shady and at Richard Lewis for being unprofessional and just trying to get clicks.

I don't know honestly, from the VOD it does seem like there's some really weird decisions being made (eg Steel AWPing over Skadoodle). But it's very possible they just had a complete off day due to jet lag and whatnot. Also if they wanted to throw it, they wouldn't make it as obvious imo.

K.Sabot

There's no way we'll ever be able to prove it without any sort of straight confession from a player himself, or a way to link certain betting accounts to a player.

Certainly public opinion of CEVO and the two teams has been damaged irreparably.

Time to stock up on IBP stickers in the case that they stop existing soon.

Divius

LC didn't lose because they were DDoS'd lol (a player from OG was getting DDoS'd). LC kept making the same mistakes and OG took advantage of it. Also some huge clutches from Musamban1 (quad kill during pistol and a 1 vs 3 clutch) in the second map to give OG the lead.
Oh thanks, I must have misunderstood. Sucks even more then :p

dAT vs Fnatic seems like a rather safe bet so hopefully I can get something out of that.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

K.Sabot

My probably racist impressions after a week of trying to sell my knife:

- if your trade request comes from a country east of germany and south of north america, it's most likely a scam.
-private inventory / profile = auto block
-people really will make hundreds of accounts with the same profile pic and slightly changed name.
-no steam avatar / community avatar usually means a scammer
-trade server is useless, nobody is there to buy and everyone wants to sell
-getting attention on the trade subreddit is like winning the lottery
-csgolounge brings the most scammers, but also brings the most legitimate offers.
-nobody buys anything for market price, they all want to lowball you so they can brag to their friends how they ripped a guy off for their expensive knife.
-I've got money on half of the +rep comments in steam profiles being fake.

cHinzo

Oh thanks, I must have misunderstood. Sucks even more then :p

Meh I got the feeling LC is a one map wonder team. They occasionally beat teams on Inferno, but they can't seem to win any bo3's outside of that one against Na'Vi.

bc7a370a2b.png

Underdoge bet on FM Toxic paid off today. :D

Divius

trying to sell my knife:
Hello good friend please add my friend he cant add u right now stearncomunirty.com/id/noscamiswear he will pay good price for your knife and you will make good profit

Meh I got the feeling LC is a one map wonder team. They occasionally beat teams on Inferno, but they can't seem to win any bo3's outside of that one against Na'Vi.
Oh honestly I had no idea, I just followed the masses and looked at the odds, trying to look for a sure thing for my first bet. Yeah, that worked out wonderful.

rCIZZLE

My probably racist impressions after a week of trying to sell my knife:

- if your trade request comes from a country east of germany and south of north america, it's most likely a scam.
-private inventory / profile = auto block
-people really will make hundreds of accounts with the same profile pic and slightly changed name.
-no steam avatar / community avatar usually means a scammer
-trade server is useless, nobody is there to buy and everyone wants to sell
-getting attention on the trade subreddit is like winning the lottery
-csgolounge brings the most scammers, but also brings the most legitimate offers.
-nobody buys anything for market price, they all want to lowball you so they can brag to their friends how they ripped a guy off for their expensive knife.
-I've got money on half of the +rep comments in steam profiles being fake.

Ya dude selling a knife like that seems like a nightmare. I can't even find any legitimate, fair trades on csgolounge. Like 80% are scams and the other 20% are assholes who call my item worthless then offer 20% below value acting like they're doing me a favor. Steam games seem to have the absolute worst trading community out of any game I've ever seen.

Kind of a weird suggestion that I definitely wouldn't recommend for your first trade if it's that big but the d2jsp.org forums is incredibly reliable. If you're worried about scamming they have (at least when I traded there often) mods that act as middlemen. I know they have a cs subforum that seems pretty active and I'm thinking about trying it out for any high value trades.

ChrisW

Ok so I'm consider getting CS:Go for my MacBook Pro. ATM I have CS:Source on ther and from running the video test I can play the game at these settings:

Model detail: high
Texture detail: medium
Shader detail: high
Water detail: reflect all
Shadow detail: medium
Vsync: enabled
Filtering: anisotropic 2X
AA: 2x MSAA
Motion blur: Enabled

These are the specs of the MacBook;
2.4ghz core 2 duo
8gb memory DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 320m 256MB
Max resolution: 1280x800

Could I play CS:Go with a decent FPS with all setting on lowest (I don't care if the game looks pretty)

Sajjaja

Ok so I'm consider getting CS:Go for my MacBook Pro. ATM I have CS:Source on ther and from running the video test I can play the game at these settings:

Model detail: high
Texture detail: medium
Shader detail: high
Water detail: reflect all
Shadow detail: medium
Vsync: enabled
Filtering: anisotropic 2X
AA: 2x MSAA
Motion blur: Enabled

These are the specs of the MacBook;
2.4ghz core 2 duo
8gb memory DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 320m 256MB
Max resolution: 1280x800

Could I play CS:Go with a decent FPS with all setting on lowest (I don't care if the game looks pretty)

Mac System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6GB of Space
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better / NVidia 8600M or better

You should be good.

ChrisW

Mac System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
Memory: 2GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6GB of Space
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better / NVidia 8600M or better

You should be good.

Cool, just missed the deal for it didn't I? It's back to being £12 now -.-

Also what are the differences between go and source?

ironmang

Has valve/steam/whoever came out and said anything about the MM servers? Just wondering where I can look to see when we're good to go instead of jumping in a game and being stuck here for an hour.

Divius

A very generous GAFer gave me some dope ass skins so I decided to take them for a spin only to get a 'pak01_006.vpk' is missing' error and get a 30 minute competitive cooldown while trying to play with shadownet :c

Really wish csgo would look at how you got disconnected (manual disconnect, time-out, error, csgo crash etc) before giving you time to reconnected because 2 minutes is too short to verify the gamefiles and reconnect.

edit: lol the disconnect made me drop a rank

Sajjaja

A very generous GAFer gave me some dope ass skins so I decided to take them for a spin only to get a 'pak01_006.vpk' is missing' error and get a 30 minute competitive cooldown while trying to play with shadownet :c

Really wish csgo would look at how you got disconnected (manual disconnect, time-out, error, csgo crash etc) before giving you time to reconnected because 2 minutes is too short to verify the gamefiles and reconnect.

Skins are never free.

Cheddahz

Banned

Valve really needs to look into the issue on how people get discounted, because bans for stuff that isn't your fault isn't really all that cool

CoolS

Some really great games today with Bagel, Divius and Crazy Maniac. Too bad we tied on two matches. I still can't perform like you guys on a 2AK level (yet).

Rixxan

Has valve/steam/whoever came out and said anything about the MM servers? Just wondering where I can look to see when we're good to go instead of jumping in a game and being stuck here for an hour.

would really like the answer to this as well

costing me games, rubberbanding so badly nearly every server i connect to

feel bad because its hurting my team too

cHinzo

Hehe, that was my plan all along. :D

Some really great games today with Bagel, Divius and Crazy Maniac. Too bad we tied on two matches. I still can't perform like you guys on a 2AK level (yet).
You were outperforming the double AKs on the other teams just fine. =D
If we had been a bit more organized, had some callouts and better co-ordination we would have had those games easily. I wasn't much help in that regard, I was still half asleep and in auto-pilot mode.

I've played with quite a few of the gaffers in here now, everything from Eagles to Silver I and my takeaway from those games (and MM as a whole) is that people need to be less scared.
If you're teammate dies right next to you during a push, try to make the trade. You gain nothing from stopping mid rush, standing around just waiting to be flanked. Either make the trade or make a new plan and rotate elsewhere.
If you're going to go for a clutch retake, stay calm. If you're on edge you're probably going to die, stay calm and check all those angles. If you can't help but panic, save that gun.

CoolS

If we had been a bit more organized, had some callouts and better co-ordination we would have had those games easily. I wasn't much help in that regard, I was still half asleep and in auto-pilot mode.

I've played with quite a few of the gaffers in here now, everything from Eagles to Silver I and my takeaway from those games (and MM as a whole) is that people need to be less scared.
If you're teammate dies right next to you during a push, try to make the trade. You gain nothing from stopping mid rush, standing around just waiting to be flanked. Either make the trade or make a new plan and rotate elsewhere.
If you're going to go for a clutch retake, stay calm. If you're on edge you're probably going to die, stay calm and check all those angles. If you can't help but panic, save that gun.
Thanks!
And yeah,fully agree. People don't trade kills often enough, its also something ai often notice when playing with my friends. The same when you ate in a 2vs1 but don't wait for your teammate and end up dying, so the last guy can play and often win two 1vs1s,

Wunder

Hey thanks for inviting me a bunch of times, sorry I haven't gotten in a game with you yet :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom