• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the info you need is here and here.
I think the BenQ XL2411Z is currently the favourite of the 1080p options, but the Asus VG248QE is pretty comparable. If you're feeling especially rich, you can get an ROG Swift.

soultron

Banned
There are some downsides: most notably a large hole in your wallet and your eyes will bleed whenever you play something at less than 60.

And colours being a bit blown out when using Light Boost. I'd not use LB or a 120/144Hz monitor if you're a graphic designer, photographer or artist in any capacity because you will not be getting true colours.

garath

I'm a casual scrub. Just started playing again and got a nice shiny huntsman case. Sell for $.60 or open it? I'm likely to spend $2.50 to get a 10 cent weapon aren't I?

wwm0nkey

I'm a casual scrub. Just started playing again and got a nice shiny huntsman case. Sell for $.60 or open it? I'm likely to spend $2.50 to get a 10 cent weapon aren't I?
Or a $200 weapon :p

Its a gamble but I got a Redline AK a few days ago so it made up for the 3 keys lol

garath

Or a $200 weapon :p

Its a gamble but I got a Redline AK a few days ago so it made up for the 3 keys lol

God damn. Valve is incredibly smart with this market stuff. They are basically a legal online gambling outfit Lol.

I've never opened a case before. Always sold them. Guess its worth doing once. Its all card money anyways. Thanks idlemaster!

wwm0nkey

God damn. Valve is incredibly smart with this market stuff. They are basically a legal online gambling outfit Lol.

I've never opened a case before. Always sold them. Guess its worth doing once. Its all card money anyways. Thanks idlemaster!
Pretty much lol

I get pissed when I get a $0.10 weapon but my $12 AK made up for it....valve are smart people lol

K.Sabot

415WDJb.jpg

Anyone else see a woman at the bottom of this blade?

wwm0nkey

You know what, with all the waifu profile pics I am legit surprised no one has made waifu gun skins yet.

CT will have the M4A1-S with an anime girl dressed in CT gear looking all cute and shit

T will have the AK-47 with an anime girl dressed in T gear looking all cute and shit

Valve will make millions and break out into the Japanese market at the same time!

*might try my hand at making some skins lol

K.Sabot

I might just buy a name tag and name it the Harem Blade since it's mirrored on both sides.

Also since the zeus change, every eco is a zeus eco.

Mr.Mike

So I've been getting into CS:GO again. I used to play it a lot but stopped playing eventfully (probably because of school). When I got back into it recently I didn't have a rank, playd one MM game which I won jumping me up to Gold Nova III. Since then I have fallen back into silver...

Anyway, is there an agreed upon "proper" mouse configuration? I used to have my sensitivity up high, but I've just turned it way down and I think I'm doing better because of it. Certainly in deathmatch I'm getting a lot more head shots. So right now I have my mouse set to 1000Hz/3500dpi and my in game sensitivity at 1.95. Of course much of the reason why my sensitivity was up so high in the first place is because I didn't have enough room for my mouse on my keyboard tray with my old keyboard, but I've ordered a tenkeyless mechanical keyboard so that won't be an issue anymore once that comes in and I'll be able to experiment with even lower sensitivities. (The mechanical was mostly for nicer typing when coding and doing schoolwork, but I suppose any gaming benefits would be nice).

Besides that, are there any good guides for people who'd like to get better at CS:GO?

Sajjaja

Great points. I doubt 500 dollar cz would change much though.

Wonder why we don't have purchasable sprays, hud, map hud, scopes, and ect. Damn screw those, I want mods again.

I'm kind of happy with how it is right now. The only thing I kind of miss is sprays, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to see the meatspin everytime I turn the corner.

ironmang

As far as 144hz monitors go, thinking of going for the ASUS 24" since it has the most reviews, is from a more respected brand (as opposed to Acer), and can be bought at BB for 270 free shipping. If nobody has better suggestions or reasons not to go with this one then I'm probably going to put in an order tonight.

CoolS

Goddammit, stupid csgolounge. I could only bet like 20 cent worth of skins on mouz against NiP because of the shitty bots.

I really hope mouzu can get a lot more consistent in the future, they are really capable of a lot, but it seems like BO3 are really hard on them.

Fun fact: since I started betting a few weeks ago, I never lost once when betting on mouz.

Ocho

As far as 144hz monitors go, thinking of going for the ASUS 24" since it has the most reviews, is from a more respected brand (as opposed to Acer), and can be bought at BB for 270 free shipping. If nobody has better suggestions or reasons not to go with this one then I'm probably going to put in an order tonight.

Respected PC GAF builders recommend the BenQ but I guess both are fine.

ironmang

I have this BenQ monitor and it's pretty bangin'. Easily recommendable if you have the money. I bet it will be super cheap by the end of the year after Xmas. Usually goes on sale for ~$300.

Seems like I was looking at that one on newegg and got my links crossed when I saw it on amazon. Thought the good one was 180 lol. Thinking of ordering soon so probably won't get a significant discount on either.

edit: just found the benq for 270 at newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014376

Probably going to order it later tonight if I don't see it cheaper anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom