• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

Firstly:Anyone want to add me on steam, I'm usually playing between 7pm-11pm UK
I'm a bit of a newb atm, I did have 1.6 years ago, but I'm pretty new to all of this again, only been playing for about 3 days so bare with me.

Steam name: "Chris_w_263"

Secondly: If anyone has an esports key that I could buy for £1.52 I'd really appreciate it, still getting used to all the buying and trading mechanics that they've added.

impact

Banned
I kind of have it in my head to play some ranked CS:GO. However, my playtime right now is limited to times when there's a sleeping baby and I won't be talking. Are there a lot of people that don't use voice comms or should I not even bother? I have no issues holding off, just think it'd be fun to measure where I'm at these days.
You're really fucking your team over, but yes there are some people who do it anyway.

ChrisW

posting for the new page:

Firstly:Anyone want to add me on steam, I'm usually playing between 7pm-11pm UK
I'm a bit of a newb atm, I did have 1.6 years ago, but I'm pretty new to all of this again, only been playing for about 3 days so bare with me.

Steam name: "ChrisUK90"

Secondly: If anyone has an esports key that I could buy for £1.52 I'd really appreciate it, still getting used to all the buying and trading mechanics that they've added.

Sajjaja

I could have said play with Shadownet, Phoenix, Fish, and shalalalallala instead if that makes you feel better.

And you need to practice spray control with the ak, you can't live on galil forever!

Hey, he said he wants to rank up, not down ;D

dunbmadshadowpls

garath

You're really fucking your team over, but yes there are some people who do it anyway.

Eh. I'll avoid it until I can use comms then. Going to have to revisit my key bindings. I used to use voice activation when I originally played CS competitively so I'm used to grenades on my mouse thumb buttons. Every other game now I use push to talk on my thumb button. I predict some accidental grenades as I get used to it all again.

I could have said play with Shadownet, Phoenix, Fish, and shalalalallala instead if that makes you feel better.

And you need to practice spray control with the ak, you can't live on galil forever!

That's Mr. shalalalallala to you

Had I know I'd be playing online games with forum people at some point, I'd have chosen an easier to pronounce username.

CoolS

That's it, I'm done betting. Finally lost everything on VP just now. All that's left is some stupid 2 cent CZ. Hopefully this mean I'm free!!!

impact

Banned
That's it, I'm done betting. Finally lost everything on VP just now. All that's left is some stupid 2 cent CZ. Hopefully this mean I'm free!!!

Yea I just lost like $25

HellRaisers have cost me so much these past two days. Fuck these guys. I hate them and I hope NiP makes their buttholes hurt.

ironmang

All the value I just won on HR I'm about to lose on OG. Shows how bad the normal LC lineup sucks when they only time they win is with 2 or 3 ringers.

Man sometimes I hate the community of this game. The lengths of which people will go to make my day worse is astonishing. My own team taunting me constantly, shooting me after round starts down to low health, and worst of all purposely stepping into my line of fire so I team kill them and get a ban. I don't get it, I just want to play a match, and maybe I'm not at the top of my game today, but there isn't a reason to make me feel like trash.

CoolS

Man sometimes I hate the community of this game. The lengths of which people will go to make my day worse is astonishing. My own team taunting me constantly, shooting me after round starts down to low health, and worst of all purposely stepping into my line of fire so I team kill them and get a ban. I don't get it, I just want to play a match, and maybe I'm not at the top of my game today, but there isn't a reason to make me feel like trash.

Every community has its assholes. Best thing to do is find some people to play mit on a regular basis, makes everything so much better.

Every community has its assholes. Best thing to do is find some people to play mit on a regular basis, makes everything so much better.
Just lost my regular group last week as school started, so I have been trying to solo it for a bit, but man you are right, a group makes this way better.

CoolS

Just lost my regular group last week as school started, so I have been trying to solo it for a bit, but man you are right, a group makes this way better.

Either try to find people here on GAF, or keep adding people you play with who are nice and actually communicate, so you eventually have a pool of people who like to play.

Uriah

Ugh remind me to never queue for a single map again in hopes of completing a mission. Got ranked with Elite Master Guardians and was destroyed.

cHinzo

Wow, just had a guy in my team who didn't get a single frag in the whole half at CT lol. I dropped a 30k bomb, but it wasn't enough, it ended 11-16. :C

Update

GAMEPLAY
Added positional audio support for players using Mumble voice chat.
Fixed case where sniper scope blur was not accurately representing full sniper weapon inaccuracy when scoped.
Fixed a bug where in some cases a bullet didn't know it had penetrated a player hitbox if it started by penetrating another surface first and hadn't exited before "hitting" the hitbox.
Fixed weapon damage falloff distances getting reset every time a surface was penetrated, which allowed weapons to shoot farther than they should if they penetrated an object first (like the sawedoff).
Terminated birthday party.
Increased Zeus price to 400.

MISC
Fixed a regression with fov_cs_debug convar.

MAPS

Mirage
Removed various unintended boost-spots
Moved some flowers at top of mid

Overpass
Updated based on feedback and observations from ESL One Cologne
Removed tall sandbags near Bombsite B which could be used to two-man boost onto and peek/shoot into T water
Added a intended boost spot in its place, where you can two-man boost. Wall near position is bangable from both sides.
Removed boost on green wall in playground
Removed position on toilet mid entrance which could be used to get an angle on toilet entrance
Fixed some spots where C4 could get stuck
Removed grass on low cover near Bombsite A which obstructed peeking
Changed some textures and lighting to improve visibility and reduce environment noise
Moved lightpost at entrance to Bombsite A to remove gap
Closed off hut at Bombsite A
Railing outside of squeaky door no longer blocks bullets or grenades

Rush
Various balance tweaks, optimizations and bug fixes

Insertion
Added unique sounds for each spawn

Clydefrog

Terminated birthday party?

54bbf750756e7d5fe867b4b4cea6036f.jpg

Thanks for the update. It is silly that such a thing is still possible even though it is a completely different engine than 1.6. I remember the configurations that basically hid the entire smoke from your screen so, at least it's not that bad lol.

I remember being able to configure Max_Smokepuff to 0 then reduce the quality of it. It made it very easy to see a person inside the smoke.

Keeping the Zeus in is fine, at $400 nobody will bother picking it up anyway.
But not nerfing the CZ is pretty crazy. Maybe they're still experimenting but I find it strange that they bring an "after-ESL" patch and then not do anything about the CZ.

A bigger change is the AWP scope now, that extra blur seems to throw a lot of people off. I'm fine with it since I never play the AWP and it actually seems like a good idea. The quickscopes at short range seemed a bit too strong anyway. It's been too easy for snipers to just run and jump around a corner and get the instakill on a rifle. There has to be some disadvantage to the gun for being so powerful.

Haroon

Here are the details for what guns are used most often:

Pistol: P2000, USP-S, Glock, P250, CZ, Five-Seven.
SMG: PP-Bizon, P90.
Rifle: M4A1, M4A1-S, AK-47, AWP, Expensive Auto Snipers, Galil, Famas.

These are the guns that are used most often during CS:GO competitive gameplay. You want to get better with these weapons. For the majority of the game, you want to stick with M4A1, and AK-47's. On save rounds, it is recommended to use the CZ, or the P250 instead of the default gun because your enemy will be wearing full armor during your save round.

CoolS

Keeping the Zeus in is fine, at $400 nobody will bother picking it up anyway.
But not nerfing the CZ is pretty crazy. Maybe they're still experimenting but I find it strange that they bring an "after-ESL" patch and then not do anything about the CZ.

A bigger change is the AWP scope now, that extra blur seems to throw a lot of people off. I'm fine with it since I never play the AWP and it actually seems like a good idea. The quickscopes at short range seemed a bit too strong anyway. It's been too easy for snipers to just run and jump around a corner and get the instakill on a rifle. There has to be some disadvantage to the gun for being so powerful.

Anders mentioned something about their talk with the developers and the CZ yesterday on Twitch. The way I understood it, it seems like the devs are set on keeping the CZ for the time being. We'll probably just have to wait.

I find the AWP change strange, I always thought it is pretty balanced as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom