• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small Update

Gameplay
Scaled back scope effects for AWP and SSG08, now that it uses accurate accuracy/recoil values.
Fixed scope zoom pops in various places (on ladders, etc).
Removed scope effect view fov scaling that used to match incorrect accuracy values (was in 8/27/14 patch).

Anyone down to play sometime tomorrow? I'm around a Nova 3/4 but I'm playing on a shitty laptop right now. I also might get my friend on tomorrow, he's brand new.

Omega

Banned
how do you rank down without purposely trying to derank?

I took like a 6 month break from this game. I stayed at DMG until I had to quit match, and I've lost like 7 matches in a row and they still won't bump me down from double AK.

oh well, at least I got dropped a AK First Class

Robot Pants

Back to the Breakout Maps:
Overgrown is the only decent one for comp.
I LIKE insertion but for comp it can be real hit or miss. You have to have a team that knows how to play it (which is impossible to find because no one plays it) or it's a giant frustrating waste of time.

Castle is probably second best. I hated it at first but I've warmed up to it a bit even if it's a bit big.

Mist is stupid. Ts get to B bomb site first and FOOTSTEPS EVERYWHERE!

Black Gold is straight garbage and I can't believe it ever got selected for an operation.

bbd23

ahahah had some shitty left over returns (i rarely bet on CS) and made a yolo bet on reliable
(wanted to get rid of guns in my return) never thought they would actually win.

easiest 4 dollars ever

soultron

Banned
how do you rank down without purposely trying to derank?

I took like a 6 month break from this game. I stayed at DMG until I had to quit match, and I've lost like 7 matches in a row and they still won't bump me down from double AK.

oh well, at least I got dropped a AK First Class

I won two matches in a row while solo-queuing and somehow ranked down from 4-star to 3-star. Luckily I don't care about my rank.

K.Sabot

They won me a FN X-Ray last time, so I thought they had my back.

Thought they'd play angry and win after that loss to Reliable.

I'm done soloing. I was Silver Master Elite after placement matches, eventually settled on Silver IV. I would honestly be first in every game but blessed with the shittiest team every friggin time and I'm now SIlver III and deranking by the day.

Please guys, add me and take me back to the promise land known as SME

Clydefrog

ahahah had some shitty left over returns (i rarely bet on CS) and made a yolo bet on reliable
(wanted to get rid of guns in my return) never thought they would actually win.

easiest 4 dollars ever

what the hell happened to your avatar

My ping is atrocious today. 85 average, I seen people teleporting around, that's how bad it was for me.

LOL what kind of dream server do you normally play in? i'm always at 60-70 ping in a MM game

That was MM, I normally average 60s due to my shitty isp ping. Tonight was especially terrible. Good thing the guys I seen that was teleporting was bad.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm done soloing. I was Silver Master Elite after placement matches, eventually settled on Silver IV. I would honestly be first in every game but blessed with the shittiest team every friggin time and I'm now SIlver III and deranking by the day.

Please guys, add me and take me back to the promise land known as SME

You can always add me :p I'm around your rank. So is Marco and Stride.

ironmang

Can't believe c9 lost to reliable. Definitely dodged the bullet by not trying to get "free" cheap betting skins by going in on c9. Happy for reliable though since they seem to have awesome attitudes and are looking to improve instead of disbanding like most teams would after such a harsh season.

K.Sabot

o7L3jOU.png

bored in the trade server, nobody wants muh knives

Robot Pants

So I have a question regarding video settings.
For the most part I've played with all my settings set to lowest.
But my computer really can run the game fine with everything maxed (except Anti Aliasing).
I still get average 150fps with it all maxed and stuff going on on the screen. So I decided to max them out again, and suddenly I can't hit shit, bullets don't seem to register - and call me crazy - but the crosshair on my screen is slightly off to where the bullets are actually going.
So I switched everything to low again, and it's a whole new game. I can hit things fine and was playing like my normal self. My question, since even maxed out I'm running at 150-130fps, is why is this making a difference? Is there something I'm overlooking or am I just insane with all this?

ViviOggi

So I have a question regarding video settings.
For the most part I've played with all my settings set to lowest.
But my computer really can run the game fine with everything maxed (except Anti Aliasing).
I still get average 150fps with it all maxed and stuff going on on the screen. So I decided to max them out again, and suddenly I can't hit shit, bullets don't seem to register - and call me crazy - but the crosshair on my screen is slightly off to where the bullets are actually going.
So I switched everything to low again, and it's a whole new game. I can hit things fine and was playing like my normal self. My question, since even maxed out I'm running at 150-130fps, is why is this making a difference? Is there something I'm overlooking or am I just insane with all this?
Motion blur perhaps?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
LOL what kind of dream server do you normally play in? i'm always at 60-70 ping in a MM game

Sheeit, the most I ever get is around 30! I normally sit around 5-20.

Though I am in the UK so I imagine there are quite a few UK MM servers.

I somehow joined a Russian server for MM the other day the 140 ping was HORRIBLE!

I'm on 50 Mbit/s here and I only get around 40-50 for the ping. What kind of crazy Internet do you guys have?

Bandwidth != latency. I switched from Virgin (160 Mb) to BT (80 Mb) recently because the Virgin line was atrocious for consistent and/or acceptable latency. I mean like fluctuating between 20ms and 1000ms constantly (to my local exchange 200 meters away), it was utter trash.
My new line gets around 30ms to anywhere in Europe, 80ms-100ms for Russia/East Coast US. =)

Divius

A little haiku for today

four five losses in row
deranked to nova four star
leavers, grievers, damn

blocking our teammates
running straight into the AWP
sit in spawn corner

even BOT Tom helps
but though he tries his best
he is no Cecil

yet the fight goes on
for the addiction is real
praise the lord gaben

sunnz

Recently I noticed I am getting A LOT of rubberbanding and random stutter spikes in CSGO. Other modes don't suffer from this, only in competitive.

Stuff like I get pulled back 2 or 3 steps when I am going forward randomly, when I switch to my knife it lags out and goes back to my gun ( sometimes it even highlights my knife on the side but my gun is still out, when I shoot it would basically ignore the bullet that came out and pull me back a couple steps again, other players are also sliding around for me.

I have 0 FPS drops when this happens so its not a hardware issue, my ping is consistently 35 to 40 on these servers and no other game has this problem, even other mode like deathmatch and casual are nowhere near as bad and are more than playable.

It happened before too but I think a patch fixed it ( or sorted itself out)

Wondering if there is a fix for this?

cresto

Recently I noticed I am getting A LOT of rubberbanding and random stutter spikes in CSGO. Other modes don't suffer from this, only in competitive.

Stuff like I get pulled back 2 or 3 steps when I am going forward randomly, when I switch to my knife it lags out and goes back to my gun ( sometimes it even highlights my knife on the side but my gun is still out, when I shoot it would basically ignore the bullet that came out and pull me back a couple steps again, other players are also sliding around for me.

I have 0 FPS drops when this happens so its not a hardware issue, my ping is consistently 35 to 40 on these servers and no other game has this problem, even other mode like deathmatch and casual are nowhere near as bad and are more than playable.

Seems like the CSGO comp servers are shit right now. There has been a lot of inconsistency in the past week. I think it's a valve situation atm.

garath

It happens in casual too. That's all I've been playing lately and it happens often enough to be annoying. Might be related to all the DDOS'ing going around or something.

Rixxan

A little haiku for today

four five losses in row
deranked to nova four star
leavers, grievers, damn

blocking our teammates
running straight into the AWP
sit in spawn corner

even BOT Tom helps
but though he tries his best
he is no Cecil

yet the fight goes on
for the addiction is real
praise the lord gaben

praise be to gaben

soultron

Banned
Got my C9 shirt today. Can't wait to bet skins on them next chance I get
and lose everything!!

Sold my P90 Asiimov last night since I never used it. Wondering if I should roll the dice on more cases on skins I might actually use.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Got my C9 shirt today. Can't wait to bet skins on them next chance I get
and lose everything!!

Sold my P90 Asiimov last night since I never used it. Wondering if I should roll the dice on more cases on skins I might actually use.

do it, like that one time I sold my $90 gun to get nothing to show for it lololololololol

cresto

Played a MM on overpass last night. Gotta say that I see a lot of potential in that map. I like where it's at, although there is a lot to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom