• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

6vduddy.png

Nobody stops this train.

Would have probably also won ESC-dAT if it wasn't cancelled :mad:

K.Sabot

Computer problems are fucking impossible to happen at this rate.

AZK has no comp to play on and now Skadoodle got a blue screen.

I can't believe it in any situation.

K.Sabot

I'm astounded at the decisions going on at iBP.

Steel apparently did not prepare for this match at all, skadoodle comp problems and AZK completely self destructed out of the match.

Not the team I want representing my country. Luckily, Cloud9.

Shadownet

Banned
How is it? Is it more helpful than a standard crosshair?

I have a static crosshair with no dot in the middle. But I could change the color at any time so it stand out. Like I can change it to green when I'm playing on Dust 2 so it doesn't blend in.

But I've been wondering which crosshair help you more with your placement.

Haroon

How is it? Is it more helpful than a standard crosshair?

I have a static crosshair with no dot in the middle. But I could change the color at any time so it stand out. Like I can change it to green when I'm playing on Dust 2 so it doesn't blend in.

But I've been wondering which crosshair help you more with your placement.

The dot doesn't really help you with crosshair placement. I like it because it allows me to focus more on my surroundings than tunnel visioning my crosshair. You will have better results with a regular crosshair than a dot. But if you really like a dot, just use that instead. I used to use a light blue colored crosshair, or a while colored crosshair back when I was using a regular one.

Haroon

Oh you got lucky pushing through the smoke. He must have seen you. But I love these kind of situations when the other team lets you have all these 1vs1 situations which are winnable.

I don't think it was more about luck to be honest. The reason why he didn't see me before it was too late was because of the location of where I planted it. The small rock next to barbecue blocked most of his line of sight, and thus it gave me an advantage over him :D.

soultron

Banned
lol, you looked good to me. I wish I could aim that well with the ak. Though your crosshair would give me a headache.
There were a few issues with that video, I thought. Nobody was communicating so the AWPer on our team didn't let me know about the 2 guys in CT, I only knew because of sound so that's why I fumbled with the grenade and accidentally hit quick switch.

Also, my smoke was pretty bad. I probably could've made more use by using it to cover part of the CT tunnel opening.

I was lucky the guy coming from Pit completely missed me when I wasn't facing towards him.

cresto

Played my first competitive match in 2 months. It went better than I expected....still terrible though.

With the exception of not knowing you were carrying the bomb and the various rounds we lost due to not having the bomb, it was pretty good. Holy shit, though, we could have won that game had we taken the sites WITH the bomb on at least three occasions. Stupid mirage and it's unfriendly pug-ability.

Edit: I lot riding on these FACEit games today. So sad I won't be able to watch most of them with traveling. Bet on NIP just because of how skewed the betting is. They HAVE to win to make sure they make the finals. Don't see why they would give up on a $50,000 prize pool. I know how poorly they have been playing lately, but still. On top of that, LDLC is pretty much secure with their top 2 spot.

Divius

So, what are people's bets today then? i'm a bit scared of the Dig Vs VP game
I can see that, me as well. It all depends on whhich VP shows up today, because they still can be really good, but they can also suck. Overpass being probably the most CT sided map atm, so a lot depends on who wins the knife and the first pistol. If that turns out to be VP, well... then diggy dig might run into some trouble,but generally speaking dig should take it. I am skipping the bet though :p

cHinzo

Edit: I lot riding on these FACEit games today. So sad I won't be able to watch most of them with traveling. Bet on NIP just because of how skewed the betting is. They HAVE to win to make sure they make the finals. Don't see why they would give up on a $50,000 prize pool. I know how poorly they have been playing lately, but still. On top of that, LDLC is pretty much secure with their top 2 spot.

I used the same logic yesterday on the NiP vs HR game. HR couldn't qualify for the play-offs anymore and NiP needed one more win, but NiP just suck lately and the still lost the game. Not worth bettin on them until they get their shit together.

Anyone going yolo on the HR hype train today?

Haines

Banned
Haven't played for like 7 months..going to read through as much of the patch notes as i can to see if anything big changed.

CoolS

I used the same logic yesterday on the NiP vs HR game. HR couldn't qualify for the play-offs anymore and NiP needed one more win, but NiP just suck lately and the still lost the game. Not worth bettin on them until they get their shit together.

Anyone going yolo on the HR hype train today?

Might 'yolo' on their BO1 depending how my firt bet on dignitas goes.

Haven't played for like 7 months..going to read through as much of the patch notes as i can to see if anything big changed.

Lots of weapon balancing, and a few map changes. I think you missed teh enw metal doors on dust2 as well. And of course the tagging and movement changes of last week are probably the biggest thing thats new.

CoolS

I can see that, me as well. It all depends on whhich VP shows up today, because they still can be really good, but they can also suck. Overpass being probably the most CT sided map atm, so a lot depends on who wins the knife and the first pistol. If that turns out to be VP, well... then diggy dig might run into some trouble,but generally speaking dig should take it. I am skipping the bet though :p

I decided to go big on dignitas, but looks like Virtus Plow is showing up today so far. Just great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom