• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't even have the feeling matchmaking even matches people of similar skill level. 95% of the people I've played with since launch are terrible...I'm holding 5:1 KD ratio pretty consistently now, whereas it was closer to 1.0-1.5 during most of the beta.

It's interesting to me that console gamers are complaining about the quality of a port they got
I don't even mean that in a "lol mastur race" way, I genuinely think that is fascinating

I think it's fascinating that PC players think CSGO is a PC port.
PC players tested it, but CSGO was planned as a console game from the start.
PC was added into the mix later.

sgrrsh26

Neo Member
Much better.
Idk I remember having more fun on the xbox game..
I think its a combination of things for me, one being no party chat and forced into a game chat. Then when you go to mute everyone it pops up with notifications for about 10 minutes telling me I muted somone.

Also this casual gametype is kind of crap. You dont have to buy ammo and always have enough for a sick gun every round no matter if you did well or not? =/ guess Ill have to check out competitive.

Lastly I'd really like to play some NEW maps.......

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
There are like 8 new maps.

Classic Competitive is the only proper gamemode, imo. The casual one is a mess.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well, was finally matched with a challenging game tonight. That humbled me a fair bit.

Shame I can never seem to find servers <80 ping. Are there no North-East servers? Kind of a gamebreaker for me at this point.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Dropped the doshbux on the 360 version but haven't played around with it since the trial yet.

May hold off until the apparent netcode issues are fixed.

Also anyone think it's sort of odd that the Tec-9 doesn't have any alternate rates of fire?

Returners

has anyone tried to get the "win arms race without dying? trophy?

pretty much have to boost for it. Or get really lucky.

Has Valve answered why there isn't any Steamworks integration on the PS3 version? I know cross plat play is gone, but I at least expected something ala Portal 2.

Are partys fixed yet, cant join a game for shit if your in a party on 360.

No :/

What we've been doing is to have one person join a game until they find one with some slots open. Have as many ppl as you can join and then votekick people out to get your friends in. People are assholes and will usually vote yes lol.

equil

What we've been doing is to have one person join a game until they find one with some slots open. Have as many ppl as you can join and then votekick people out to get your friends in. People are assholes and will usually vote yes lol.

Yep, im still having this same issue aswell...It was working fine a few hours after launch. Really needs to be fixed.

madmackem

Its like the first fucking thing they shouldve tested to shit before launch.

Longshot

I think it's fascinating that PC players think CSGO is a PC port.
PC players tested it, but CSGO was planned as a console game from the start.
PC was added into the mix later.
It was planned as a port of CS: Source so I don't see how it could be a port of a port, it is the Source engine after all.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any noticable differences between 360 and PS3, or just get whichever you prefer for online/controller feel etc?

Is it crazy to get on PC and console? Both have a different feel and would be played at different times.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
0t4tf.jpg

yea I played Source casually, I was even an admin for a while. I never got into it because the game was too hardcore on PC. I like the n00b friendly console version. Some of the maps like Office and Italy are perfect for me. I enjoyed the hour of it I played, will play more tomorrow.

Have you played CS or CS:GO on PC? Console version is downright abomination compared to PC version.

Everyone was playing as if it's COD. There are no tactics, no teamwork, no planning. I could run past everyone into the office, rescue hostages and leave without shooting anyone. Most definitely people will get used to the maps if this is the first time they're playing, but it's very dumbed down. It's hard to explain but it doesn't feel right.

My patience of forcing myself into getting used to shitty controls has reduced drastically. I can't handle shit control anymore.

Oh and those that are saying there is no trigger lag, go to tutorial and try it out. Tap to fire and you'll notice some nice lag.

CS:GO on PC is also noob friendly. I hate the "1337" environment of CS:S or CS:1.6, so CS:GO is a lot of fun to play on PC.

Curious about this too. I tried CS 1.6 and source a while ago, but got frustrated at eing killed quite so quickly - often barely seeing anyone. Didn't feel like a firefight, felt like fighting unstoppable bots. So the potential for the console versions to be more 'friendly' is interesting to me.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hrmm... even after putting my sensitivity back up to ~1.30 on Xbox it feels pretty bad again. Really not liking the aiming at the moment. Every time I run into people the firefight usually plays out like "lets stand still and see who can un-fuck their aim first."

If anyone have the time to answer my questions it would be much appreciated.

*Disclaimer* I'm not a PC gamer.

So anyways I haven't played CS since like 2006, saw that CS GO is out and decided to download it via Steam (first ever purchase on Steam). I just figure M/KB the only way to go with CS. Anyways long story short I can't for the life of me get the game to work. The first time I booted CS GO it felt very slow. So I tried to change the settings and put everything low and then it only got worst. When I try to join a game I get a black screen.

I'm trying to play on a pretty crappy lap top (I know it's not the way to go). However I figure even if the lap top is crappy it should at least be able to handle the lowest settings. I have no clue what even half the settings mean to me I don't understand all the PC-Gaming jargon.

So basically does anyone have a easy set up for me so I can play the game at a low settings?

It's a Dell Inspiron (no clue model)

Processor : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00Ghz 2.00 GHZ
Installed memory (RAM) : 3.00 GB
32-bit operating system.

Also it's a 15 inch lap top that I have hooked up to a 17 inch monitor. So what resolution should I be playing at? The first two times I booted up the game I got into a game but it just looked terrible. Then I tried changing settings/resolution and I couldn't even get into a game I figured maybe it was because of the resolution change. Kind of regret not just buying the damn thing on console.

Mr YuYu

Curious about this too. I tried CS 1.6 and source a while ago, but got frustrated at eing killed quite so quickly - often barely seeing anyone. Didn't feel like a firefight, felt like fighting unstoppable bots. So the potential for the console versions to be more 'friendly' is interesting to me.

As someone who played 1.6 on PC for almost 5 years (i think) I think they captured the CS atmosphere really well on console. The controls really take some getting used to but overal its a very good game. Your reactionspeed isn't as good as on PC but it still feels like I am playing CS.

I love it. Is it as good as 1.6 on Pc? i would say no.

I played the 360 version btw.

And the console version is definetly more 'friendly' than the PC version. Altough there a lot of people running around that know what they are doing. It is actually possible to get some good teamplay going.

Has anyone had issues running SLI? Whenever I shoot I get like massive lock/choke. I cant find anything on the steam forum except one thread with someone that has the exact same issue and running the same GTX570 in SLI. But no1 has answered unfortunately.

It works fine if I turn SLI off so im about to play around with setting CS:GO to only use one gpu(so I don't have to continuously switch between SLI and non-SLI) but I shouldn't have to keep it this way forever.

Has anyone had issues running SLI? Whenever I shoot I get like massive lock/choke. I cant find anything on the steam forum except one thread with someone that has the exact same issue and running the same GTX570 in SLI. But no1 has answered unfortunately.

It works fine if I turn SLI off so im about to play around with setting CS:GO to only use one gpu(so I don't have to continuously switch between SLI and non-SLI) but I shouldn't have to keep it this way forever.

The game is not graphics intensive.

If anyone have the time to answer my questions it would be much appreciated.

*Disclaimer* I'm not a PC gamer.

So anyways I haven't played CS since like 2006, saw that CS GO is out and decided to download it via Steam (first ever purchase on Steam). I just figure M/KB the only way to go with CS. Anyways long story short I can't for the life of me get the game to work. The first time I booted CS GO it felt very slow. So I tried to change the settings and put everything low and then it only got worst. When I try to join a game I get a black screen.

I'm trying to play on a pretty crappy lap top (I know it's not the way to go). However I figure even if the lap top is crappy it should at least be able to handle the lowest settings. I have no clue what even half the settings mean to me I don't understand all the PC-Gaming jargon.

So basically does anyone have a easy set up for me so I can play the game at a low settings?

It's a Dell Inspiron (no clue model)

Processor : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00Ghz 2.00 GHZ
Installed memory (RAM) : 3.00 GB
32-bit operating system.

Also it's a 15 inch lap top that I have hooked up to a 17 inch monitor. So what resolution should I be playing at? The first two times I booted up the game I got into a game but it just looked terrible. Then I tried changing settings/resolution and I couldn't even get into a game I figured maybe it was because of the resolution change. Kind of regret not just buying the damn thing on console.

My be due to a lack of graphics card/good enough intergrated graphics.

There's a website called Can you run it? which will give you an idea of what's lacking/issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom