• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Works fine for me, make sure you add -exec configname to your launch options as the game isn't auto-running them for some reason. I stole these from another cfg and they work perfectly:

What does it say in console after you try it? Ot are you using an autoconfig file

Using an autoexec file but didn't think to add -exec my config in launch options since the console kept saying unknown command "buy"

Robot Pants

I used to play CS all the time but I just can't get a good feel for the recoil and weapon damage in this. I'm doing 2 round bursts with the AK at midrange, watching the target flinch a few times and still shoot me dead.

Got the same thing going. I just don't get this game. I played the beta and it was very random. Some games everything "worked" like it has for the last 20 years of CS.
Then some games just don't make any sense at all. Like my bullets aren't even registering at all. When it finally released yesterday, the first game I played was perfect. Everything worked again. I thought, "huh, musta been the beta. Final version is amazing."
Then the next 20 games were just horrible. Nothing working again. I've played this game for years - not religiously, I've taken a break for a while - but this game shouldn't be hard to get back into. It's not like it's a brand new game.
Is it just me?

Raptomex

Anyone tried downloading a custom map (Steam version)? I connected to a server with one in hopes it would auto-download like the old days but it froze or just didn't connect or something.

antitrop

Anyone tried downloading a custom map (Steam version)? I connected to a server with one in hopes it would auto-download like the old days but it froze or just didn't connect or something.
When I joined the Zombie server the game completely froze on me for ~1 minute and then just randomly popped into the game. If it wasn't for my 2nd monitor I would have assumed my PC froze or CS: GO crashed.

Guess they'll just patch in a download progress bar later. Very strange.

Uh so I was playing against bots and none of the controls worked, couldn't jump, couldn't even fire. 360 version.

So that's awesome. The game is completely broken.

Also pretty assy you can't adjust bot difficulty in multiplayer, even for private matches. Unless I'm missing something.

Xero

Uh so I was playing against bots and none of the controls worked, couldn't jump, couldn't even fire. 360 version.

Also pretty assy you can't adjust bot difficulty in multiplayer, even for private matches. Unless I'm missing something.

I think people here were saying you have to go into options and reset to default controls.

Raptomex

When I joined the Zombie server the game completely froze on me for ~1 minute and then just randomly popped into the game. If it wasn't for my 2nd monitor I would have assumed my PC froze or CS: GO crashed.

Guess they'll just patch in a download progress bar later. Very strange.
If it's just not implemented yet that's just bad. I'll have to try it again when I get home maybe I didn't wait long enough. Other than that I'm enjoying it so far.

I'm sorry Valve, but the controls on console flat out suck!

Controller: Too stiff. Trigger lag.
KB/M: Too floaty and shaky. Movement lag.

Played with all kinda sentivity. None work.

I will not recommend it in console to anyone! PC is the way to go.

therapist

Got the same thing going. I just don't get this game. I played the beta and it was very random. Some games everything "worked" like it has for the last 20 years of CS.
Then some games just don't make any sense at all. Like my bullets aren't even registering at all. When it finally released yesterday, the first game I played was perfect. Everything worked again. I thought, "huh, musta been the beta. Final version is amazing."
Then the next 20 games were just horrible. Nothing working again. I've played this game for years - not religiously, I've taken a break for a while - but this game shouldn't be hard to get back into. It's not like it's a brand new game.
Is it just me?

Yea i feel the same.
I used to be good at source , when the hit detection worked.

This one makes no sense to me , i shoot a guy 5 times with a deagle near his neck and then still get killed.

Either its not registering or it takes way too many hits , while AWP is like 1 hit anywhere.
Not impressed with this game.

I get headshots when im not aiming directly at the head , and when i am its not a headshot , and im talking on servers where i get ~30 ping max.

I dont get it.

Whether i spray or just shoot 1-2 bullets from an ak , it just doesnt seem to register sometimes...it must be me doing something wrong.

pompidu

I remember reading about this but I don't want to read this huge thread to get an answer so maybe people can enlighten me. Can you still shoot thorough walls/boxes etc? I heard you can't and didnt have much time to play today and try it out.

Raptomex

I remember reading about this but I don't want to read this huge thread to get an answer so maybe people can enlighten me. Can you still shoot thorough walls/boxes etc? I heard you can't and didnt have much time to play today and try it out.
You can shoot through wooden objects according to that weapons training mission thing.

Trigger lag on consoles? oh man worst thing this game could have is laggy controls, the game itself needs to be instant. Might just buy for pc then if I do so.

Arnie

Wow, I'm getting major lag on the 360 right now. Anyone else?

Yes. Been unplayable all day.

Every other game I care to mention is buttery smooth, so it's a problem with the netcode, not my connection. It's appalling to be honest.

pompidu

Trigger lag on consoles? oh man worst thing this game could have is laggy controls, the game itself needs to be instant. Might just buy for pc then if I do so.

I wanted to get it on ps3 since my laptop only gets about 30fps on the lowest settings. I just couldn't play this game without a mouse and the immediate feedback. 30fps with crappy graphics suck but its better than a controller.

i thought controller controls were great. best console aiming i've used in a while actually. never experienced any kind of trigger lag. and i suppose it helps that i hate aim acceleration, so stiffness is a good thing for me. k/m is shit though.

edit: to clarify, i meant for aiming. movement is ass across the board imo.

Smeghead

Control are fine on the 360, aside from the usual valve "brick of butter on each feet movement" ; cant say I've noticed any trigger lag.

Yet to find the sweet spot in regards to the sensitivity, need to tinker around a bit more.

Obviously if you've got a pc capable of running this, it's a no brainer to get it on that platform. Controls aren't perfect but it's good enough for me, tide me over until halo 4 comes out or so.

Man even playing offline this game is fucking broken. Was playing against bots, and again lost all controls. Couldn't fire, turn/look, or even pause. What the fuck Valve. I mean I know they concentrate on their PC versions but this is ridiculous.

Man even playing offline this game is fucking broken. Was playing against bots, and again lost all controls. Couldn't fire, turn/look, or even pause. What the fuck Valve. I mean I know they concentrate on their PC versions but this is ridiculous.
are you signed in? i had my controls reset when i wasn't signed in (ps3), so i don't know if that has anything to do with it. though knowing valve, hopefully this will get patched shortly.

are you signed in? i had my controls reset when i wasn't signed in (ps3), so i don't know if that has anything to do with it. though knowing valve, hopefully this will get patched shortly.
That can't be it, I've been signed in the whole time. (360 version)

All I wanted to do was play offline against bots, I can't even do that unless I figure out why it's happening. I reset my controls to default already and that fixed it temporarily, I can't keep doing that forever though.

Arnie

Control are fine on the 360, aside from the usual valve "brick of butter on each feet movement" ; cant say I've noticed any trigger lag.

Yet to find the sweet spot in regards to the sensitivity, need to tinker around a bit more.

Obviously if you've got a pc capable of running this, it's a no brainer to get it on that platform. Controls aren't perfect but it's good enough for me, tide me over until halo 4 comes out or so.

You not lagging? Mine's ridiculous. I'll bob on for a game if you're on.

I'm enjoying 1.30 for sensitivity, seems to be a sweet spot for me.

just played an hour or so on PS3, really loving this game. Feels strange at first but I quickly got used to it. Got a bunch of trophies too!

Have you played CS or CS:GO on PC? Console version is downright abomination compared to PC version.

Everyone was playing as if it's COD. There are no tactics, no teamwork, no planning. I could run past everyone into the office, rescue hostages and leave without shooting anyone. Most definitely people will get used to the maps if this is the first time they're playing, but it's very dumbed down. It's hard to explain but it doesn't feel right.

My patience of forcing myself into getting used to shitty controls has reduced drastically. I can't handle shit control anymore.

Oh and those that are saying there is no trigger lag, go to tutorial and try it out. Tap to fire and you'll notice some nice lag.

Have you played CS or CS:GO on PC? Console version is downright abomination compared to PC version.

Everyone was playing as if it's COD. There are no tactics, no teamwork, no planning. I could run past everyone into the office, rescue hostages and leave without shooting anyone. Most definitely people will get used to the maps if this is the first time they're playing, but it's very dumbed down. It's hard to explain but it doesn't feel right.

0t4tf.jpg

yea I played Source casually, I was even an admin for a while. I never got into it because the game was too hardcore on PC. I like the n00b friendly console version. Some of the maps like Office and Italy are perfect for me. I enjoyed the hour of it I played, will play more tomorrow.

yea I played Source casually, I was even an admin for a while. I never got into it because the game was too hardcore on PC. I like the n00b friendly console version. Some of the maps like Office and Italy are perfect for me. I enjoyed the hour of it I played, will play more tomorrow.

CS:GO on PC is also noob friendly. I hate the "1337" environment of CS:S or CS:1.6, so CS:GO is a lot of fun to play on PC.

RyL

Banned
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2897680

Somewhat offtopic but I agree. This game is another proof that the terms alpha/beta have lost their meaning over the years. Nowadays it seems to be the trend in the gaming industry to call everything pre-alpha to keep the over-analyzing, entitled morons quite. (i.e. the 'hardcore' gaming communities) Who can blame them but it gets suspicious sometimes. I remember a Dirt 3 presentation 3 months before the actual launch of the game and it said pre-alpha in the right corner... yea pre alpha my arse. It was basically the final game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/9wv9qx/dirt-3-design-walkthrough--cam--part-i

And most of those so called multiplayer betas are simply stress tests. (...which is something completely different)

CS:GO on PC is also noob friendly. I hate the "1337" environment of CS:S or CS:1.6, so CS:GO is a lot of fun to play on PC.

My graphics card is broken, I won't be playing PC games for a while (I will probably get a high end card next year). Until then: work, PS3 and studies.

Zia

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2897680

Somewhat offtopic but I agree. This game is another proof that the terms alpha/beta have lost their meaning over the years. Nowadays it seems to be the trend in the gaming industry to call everything pre-alpha to keep the over-analyzing, entitled morons quite. (i.e. the 'hardcore' gaming communities) Who can blame them but it gets suspicious sometimes. I remember a Dirt 3 presentation 3 months before the actual launch of the game and it said pre-alpha in the right corner... yea pre alpha my arse. It was basically the final game.

I'm confused. What's the issue?

So, I haven't played a CS game since the OG Xbox one and now I have the 360 one. Can someone tell me what way buying ammo for your guns works in this? Is it refilled to max after every round?

Was watching my brother earlier with some friends of ours. They were trying for ages to find a game with their party. They discovered it was easy to find games alone. Joining sessions in progress seems to be a work around.

Speaking of which. My bro was on the CT side during a game of Classic Casual but he could always hear the terrorists. Every word. Right from the beginning. Is that meant to happen? It was hilarious because one of them had no controls (whatever causes that to happen). It was funny to hear one guy holding his controller to the mic and audibly clicking only for nothing to happen.

That happened my bro earlier too. I saw when he first entered that menu screen, there was no mention of what buttons were already assigned. He had already played a game or two. I told him to reset it to defaults when nothing worked for him in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom