• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused. What's the issue?

CS:GO and CS:GO beta is exactly the same game, right down to presentation and menu. People expected menus to be to improved, gameplay to be tweaked, more stuff.

Beta was a stress-test and nothing is tweaked outside of the updates in beta. I guess it makes people a bit bitter since they were expecting something more...

Mahonay

Banned
Speaking of which. My bro was on the CT side during a game of Classic Casual but he could always hear the terrorists. Every word. Right from the beginning. Is that meant to happen? It was hilarious because one of them had no controls (whatever causes that to happen). It was funny to hear one guy holding his controller to the mic and audibly clicking only for nothing to happen..
Everyone is on the same voice channel in Classic Casual, and yes, it's pretty hilarious. Joined my friend who was playing in a game of it and when I realized what was going on I couldn't stop laughing. It does make for a light atmosphere though.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2897680

Somewhat offtopic but I agree. This game is another proof that the terms alpha/beta have lost their meaning over the years. Nowadays it seems to be the trend in the gaming industry to call everything pre-alpha to keep the over-analyzing, entitled morons quite. (i.e. the 'hardcore' gaming communities) Who can blame them but it gets suspicious sometimes. I remember a Dirt 3 presentation 3 months before the actual launch of the game and it said pre-alpha in the right corner... yea pre alpha my arse. It was basically the final game.

Oh please, the game was in beta for nearly a year. With constant updates, fixes, and additions. If anything the beta for GO was more of a beta than any other FPS beta released in the past few years.

RyL

Banned
Oh please, the game was in beta for nearly a year. With constant updates, fixes, and additions. If anything the beta for GO was more of a beta than any other FPS beta released in the past few years.

Yes, well, that's why I said open beta. (when you pre-purchased the game)

Smeghead

You not lagging? Mine's ridiculous. I'll bob on for a game if you're on.

I'm enjoying 1.30 for sensitivity, seems to be a sweet spot for me.
Nah every game has been pretty slick so far, could be your NAT. I'll play some tomorrow around noon if you want.

Arnie

Nah every game has been pretty slick so far, could be your NAT. I'll play some tomorrow around noon if you want.

Yea alright, should be getting up then. Might well be, the lag's ridiculous. Playing against bots now. At my dad's like, so I'm holding out hope.

pompidu

CS:GO and CS:GO beta is exactly the same game, right down to presentation and menu. People expected menus to be to improved, gameplay to be tweaked, more stuff.

Beta was a stress-test and nothing is tweaked outside of the updates in beta. I guess it makes people a bit bitter since they were expecting something more...
Things will get smoothed over in the next couple weeks. It does a pretty Damn good job of blending source and 1.6. I'm liking it so far, and I'm a hardcore 1.6er.

The 360 version seems to look and run a lot worse than the PC version does on my ancient desktop, which is really disappointing to me. Really disappointing.

Everyone is on the same voice channel in Classic Casual, and yes, it's pretty hilarious. Joined my friend who was playing in a game of it and when I realized what was going on I couldn't stop laughing. It does make for a light atmosphere though.

That's pretty cool so. Glad to hear it's intentional. Thought we were on the receiving end of some audio glitch.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm so confused...is there a full-game trial for the PS3 version, for Plus members? I can't find it anywhere.

It's an auto download. You need to have your preferences set to allow them and it'll be on you PS3 tomorrow after it synchs.

Mahonay

Banned
The 360 version seems to look and run a lot worse than the PC version does on my ancient desktop, which is really disappointing to me. Really disappointing.
Your expectations for what a machine from 2005 is going to give you needs to be much lower. Your ancient desktop probably has more than 512MB RAM.

My brother and I bought this today for 360 and had fun. I do have some complaints that have already been mentioned here, though. It oftentimes feels like bullets aren't registering and like others have said, the buttons randomly don't work and you have to reset the controls to their default state.

All in all though, I'm enjoying it a lot.

DirtyLary

They need to take CS:GO the TF2 route and make it f2p, so they will support this damn game finally.

Valve isn't trying to do the same thing with CS that Microsoft is with Halo. That's like comparing Go to Stratego.

Clearly. Garbage ports is nothing like what MS, Epic or even Activision do on xbox. But hey, i guess they're all more "familiar" with xbox. Lets hope next gen is 10 to 14 years long. Like that they can have the time to get used to the consoles.

Really having a lot of fun with the 360 version at the moment - classic competitive on dust 2.

I just hope Valve try and update it as much as possible.

Mahonay

Banned
Clearly. Garbage ports is nothing like what MS, Epic or even Activision do on xbox. But hey, i guess they're all more "familiar" with xbox. Lets hope next gen is 10 to 14 years long. Like that they can have the time to get used to the consoles.
This version of CS:GO is absolutely fine. I've been having a lot of fun with it. I don't really care what it looks like graphically. If you're really that disappointed play it on PC.

Really having a lot of fun with the 360 version at the moment - classic competitive on dust 2.

I just hope Valve try and update it as much as possible.
Me too. I hope they don't treat it like they did TF2 for 360. Jesus what a bastard child that is.

antitrop

Literally all they did was change the name in the Steam library.

Dgott

Banned
Can I use a mix of controller and mouse to play this? You know, left analog to move and mouse in right hand to aim/shoot?

Dgott

Banned
I'm 6'3" and have giant hands. Playing on a keyboard destroys my left hand trying to contort it to work WASD on a keyboard. So I was thinking, why don't they let you use the Move analog stick and then a mouse?

I am a huge fan of this game on the 360. The controls take a little getting used to/tweaking and the fact that there is no basically no auto aim is the shit

It's interesting to me that console gamers are complaining about the quality of a port they got

I don't even mean that in a "lol mastur race" way, I genuinely think that is fascinating

antitrop

It's interesting to me that console gamers are complaining about the quality of a port they got

I don't even mean that in a "lol mastur race" way, I genuinely think that is fascinating
I'm not really sure what the console complaints are, other than server/connection issues.

Awesome thanks.

Yeah crazy me expecting things like the game doesn't all of a sudden stop registering any controller feedback, requiring me to set all controls back to default every time I play.

I'm 6'3" and have giant hands. Playing on a keyboard destroys my left hand trying to contort it to work WASD on a keyboard. So I was thinking, why don't they let you use the Move analog stick and then a mouse?

I'm 6'6" and don't have this problem. Perhaps it is time to get a new keyboard?

xJavonta

Banned
Not that it's a good thing or whatever, but being a PC gamer I can't help but laugh when the consoles get crap ports. Lets them know what we've been dealing with for a while now.

Awesome thanks.

Yeah crazy me expecting things like the game doesn't all of a sudden stop registering any controller feedback, requiring me to set all controls back to default every time I play.

I wasn't trying to make light of the issues, I just think it's strange and backwards that the console version is the one that's most messed up.

I wasn't trying to make light of the issues, I just think it's strange and backwards that the console version is the one that's most messed up.
Oh ok I thought you were just taking the piss. Sorry for the sarcasm in that case.

Anyway I haven't had the controller glitch in a while so that's good. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it crops up again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom