• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriah

You would think after 400 hours I would be good with the AK but I'm still shit with it. Probably should just stick with the Galil.

Ludono

So Season has been a great map for me so far....

Played it 4 times

1 Tie
1 Win
1 Win via Surrender
1 Win

And I've always been top fragging :D

Now if I could just get out of Silver again >_>

HdS9rWN.gif

James Bond did this in a movie once I think.

CoolS

What the fuck, just woke up to the cheating scandal. Titan and Epsilon out, LAN qualifyers, ESEA working together with Valve, more bans to come?

I don't even know what to say. Not the kind of Birthday present I hoped for.

So according to this guy, Pyth and JW are next?

It's too bad this has to happen to the pro scene, but I'm glad there is some justice.

Well unless they want cheaters in Dreamhack or be short some teams the bans would have to come soon. Unless the play-in playoff is all a ruse and all four of those teams enter the tournament. Well see though.

Odah

Banned
CSGO has been updated to version 1.34.5.8

Release Notes for 11/21/2014

DREAMHACK 2014

Added DreamHack 2014 Team Stickers and Legends Capsule View them here
Enabled the DreamHack 2014 Pick'Em Challenge
Enabled DreamHack 2014 tab in the Watch Panel

OPERATION VANGUARD

Added Mission FAQ to the Operation Vanguard website
Mission cooldowns now display hours remaining in the mission panel and journal.
Added a display showing how many missions a user can complete in the mission panel and journal.
Added help text tooltip for the mission panel.
Added Steam rich presence and twitch.tv integration data for Operation Vanguard maps.
Fixed de_dust2 Galil mission
Fixed bonus deathmatch weapon score calculation for missions.

MATCHMAKING

Added three restrictions to Competitive Matchmaking:

If a player does not have a competitive Skill Group, they will not be able to queue in a party with a player having a very high Skill Group

Accounts are restricted to two Competitive wins per day until they receive their competitive Skill Group

Unless they are in a party of 5, players will not be able to queue for Competitive Matchmaking if their skill group range is very large.

MISC

Fixed a case where the deathmatch bonus weapon panel was showing an uninitialized weapon icon.
Made host_framerate convar accessible with sv_cheats enabled ( for movie makers )
Spectators and GOTV viewers can now spectate grenades thrown by players. To do this, press and hold the Left Alt key when the player you are observing throws a grenade. Your camera will follow the grenade until you release the Left Alt key or the grenade explodes/expires.
Fixed Alerts panel showing incorrect layout for certain bans and cooldowns.

MAPS

Bug fixes on Workout, Season, Facade, Bazaar and Marquis

now the name of the tournament is even more funny. Dream(hack) lel

Atruvius

MATCHMAKING

Accounts are restricted to two Competitive wins per day until they receive their competitive Skill Group

Why restrict comp wins like that? It's just going to take longer for new players to earn their rank.

haveheart

Banned

Release Notes for 11/21/2014

DREAMHACK 2014

Added DreamHack 2014 Team Stickers and Legends Capsule View them here
Enabled the DreamHack 2014 Pick'Em Challenge
Enabled DreamHack 2014 tab in the Watch Panel

OPERATION VANGUARD

Added Mission FAQ to the Operation Vanguard website
Mission cooldowns now display hours remaining in the mission panel and journal.
Added a display showing how many missions a user can complete in the mission panel and journal.
Added help text tooltip for the mission panel.
[...]

now the name of the tournament is even more funny. Dream(hack) lel

Mission FAQ comes way too late. People had to figure it out on their own. Volvo didn't do themselves any favors not giving this information right away...

NeoFaff

Mission FAQ comes way too late. People had to figure it out on their own. Volvo didn't do themselves any favors not giving this information right away...

Release information for the last 4 operations was scarce too. It just so happens that Vanguard was complicated enough for Valve to finally give a proper explanation :p
Also. Hi thread! I've ran out of casual missions so I'll have to play comp again.

CoolS

Happy b-day cool?

I see how it is.

Also Happy Birthday Kirby
CoolS
?

Happy cake day CoolS. :D
The dream is dead Wunder. I have unsubscribed, and I have three days remaining until I go back to playing CS, and single player games again.

Edit: Happy Birthday CoolS.

Thank you all! You can just send your presents in skin form to me via trade offer
jk
So according to this guy, Pyth and JW are next?

It's too bad this has to happen to the pro scene, but I'm glad there is some justice.

If this reaches as far as the number 1 team right now with JW and olofm, my trust in all these players really will be shattered. I can see 2 or 3 pros cheating, but that many? I really hope it isn't true.

Why restrict comp wins like that? It's just going to take longer for new players to earn their rank.
It's also going to stop/hinder paid boosting and the cheating that comes with it. That seems like the idea anyway.

Yup it definitely has to do with boosting and smurfing and to restrict new accounts a bit. It's a start, but I hope they make it even harder for new accounts to get ranked.

cHinzo

Thank you all! You can just send your presents in skin form to me via trade offer
jk

If this reaches as far as the number 1 team right now with JW and olofm, my trust in all these players really will be shattered. I can see 2 or 3 pros cheating, but that many? I really hope it isn't true.
No way my boys from Diggy are cheating. Denmark always play clean and fair. 8)

Morzak

Happy Birthday CoolS.

I really hope that the Cheating stuff blowing up, leads to more controls especially at lan tournaments. It's honestly not that surprising that some Pros, or even a lot of them. There is considerable money in the scene now, and even before some people would do a lot for a tiny bit of "fame" .

With the Qualifiers for the 2 open spots already announced, can we assume that none of the other Teams invited for DHW will have someone that is caught? I don't give to much stock in all those "Insider" posts floating around at the moment.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
This update is destroying one of the main principles of online gaming: Playing with your friends.

You are telling me I can't play with my irl friends if they happen to be low skilled? How can anyone welcome this?
Don't they realise this actually encourages people to buy smurf accounts? You are pretty much forced to buy a smurf account now otherwise you can't play with your low skilled friends.

Seriously this is totally fucked up

soultron

Banned
This update is destroying one of the main principles of online gaming: Playing with your friends.

You are telling me I can't play with my irl friends if they happen to be low skilled? How can anyone welcome this?
Don't they realise this actually encourages people to buy smurf accounts? You are pretty much forced to buy a smurf account now otherwise you can't play with your low skilled friends.

I think it does the opposite. The first two rules ensure a new player doesn't have their initial rank boosted unnaturally high by getting their first 10 wins against like DMGs because they played with their friend who was GE.

You can still play with your friends though. It just won't count more than 2 comp wins in a day. And that barrier lasts only 5 days.

This is to stop paid boosting/smurfing where global elite players will enter calibration matches.

edit - I read the patch notes again. It does seem like high skill players can't play with unranked friends until they are calibrated. I guess this is somewhat annoying but it won't last long and it does stop unbalanced matches.

Played some "normal" game yesterday to do a mission for the Eurasia campaign.
The other missions were often just deathmatch or something like that, and yesterday I noticed so many Russians are playing. I mean its okay, but they are kinda obnoxious, spam the chat with "sak ma kok", "ezy!" and some russian chatting...

But while I loved to play the normal CS mode 14 years ago, I also noticed the nroaml mode isnt really fun to me anymore. I love the Deathmatch mode far more nowadays.

Amzin

I wonder if that matchmaking will change my games at all. I've only played a few, but despite feeling like I'm god-awful-bad, I'm shockingly high on the scoreboards typically :l considering I have less than like 5 hours of actual gameplay time it seems like I shouldn't be!

MayMay

Banned
Not sure how I feel about the Matchmaking changes tbh - but I like that there's a pick 'em challenge for DHW. Except.. I cant root for Titan because they're disqualified ;__;

ironmang

Unless they are in a party of 5, players will not be able to queue for Competitive Matchmaking if their skill group range is very large.

Basically forces smurfing which isn't very helpful. Instead of my silver friends having some good learning experiences and close games they're going to have us completely crushing other silvers unless they also have smurfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom