• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivitur

Banned
Oh boy there is a major inventory moving going on in the pro scene... Check peoples inventories they are moving skins. (Tabsens says empty)

Odah

Banned
0 items ? doesnt mean that he emptied his inventory. only that his profile is on private. kennyS could still be legit

You're just trying to prove to everyone that Queen is your favourite team, but I see you for who you really are >:)

omg damn you lol

Rivitur

Banned
Hmm so Valve knows this is over? Otherwise why do this if like 3 other teams could get dqed
Unless 3 people in the remaining teams get vacced there is no reason for a DQ of the remaining teams...

It is odd that the two team who qualified with 3/5 of the original lineups are the first to get the vac.

soultron

Banned

Wow, class move by Valve. These bans had the potential to really destroy this major, so it's great they're being patched over by having more qualifiers.

Is there a chance that, moving forward, fresh PCs with "tournament" Steam profiles might be used?

Any cfgs like keybindings, viewmodel settings, and so on would be sent to tournament organizers and loaded onto the LAN PCs?

I think that isolating the profiles from Steam cloud would help, if that's where the exploit and vulnerabilities lay?

Sajjaja

Wow, class move by Valve.

Is there a chance that, moving forward, fresh PCs with "tournament" Steam profiles might be used?

Any cfgs like keybindings, viewmodel settings, and so on would be sent to tournament organizers and loaded onto the LAN PCs?

I think that isolating the profiles from Steam cloud would help, if that's where the exploit and vulnerabilities lay?

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SKINS? NO ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT KENNYS MAGIC STICK IF HE DOESNT HAVE IT.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Scream said earlier in his stream today that Kioshima is someone he could imagine being a cheater, when one of his viewers asked him about that list.

The other guy of that list he thought might be cheating was Olofmeister.

And now that he has cleared his inventory it would make a lot of sense that he might be the next one going on a vacation.

Rivitur

Banned
ESEA is helping Valve catch the cheaters. Head of ESEA said more bans coming.
That's what this is?
V7ApPkP.png

haveheart

Banned
wtf, was gone for 4 hours, missed one ban...

I really hope this stops.

I'm relieved the list is fake, who wrote this article on hltv???

On the other hand, it's good all of this comes out before DH.

K.Sabot

Tempted to make a general thread, but it doesn't really promote discussion other than "lol esports" or "this is what we get when people play video games for a living"

haveheart

Banned
Tempted to make a general thread, but it doesn't really promote discussion other than "lol esports" or "this is what we get when people play video games for a living"

Considering Gaf threads being picked up as news articles by gaming blogs/sites this might be a good idea.
Don't want to shed a bad light on the csgo community...

Omega

Banned
yeah don't make a thread in gaming side.

waifus are perfectly normal. being paid to entertain people? that's the most absurd shit in the world

K.Sabot

Considering Gaf threads being picked up as news articles by gaming blogs/sites this might be a good idea.
Don't want to shed a bad light on the csgo community...

I mean, I certainly'd hate to hide legit news, but I don't think the discussion after the fact will be worth anything.

Or at least it won't be any better than the discussion here.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played CS in months but all this drama is all over Reddit, it's crazy how all these pros are being exposed.

ironmang

Maybe this cheater scandal isn't the worst thing to happen to the game. Puts pressure on valve to be a little more hands-on than the highly ineffective overwatch system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom