• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

If things arent doing so hot, just go for a P90. Dont burst like those lower players use em, but full on spray, dont let go of Mouse1 and the W button. Works like a charm, every time. :D

Rivitur

Banned
If things arent doing so hot, just go for a P90. Dont burst like those lower players use em, but full on spray, dont let go of Mouse1 and the W button. Works like a charm, every time. :D
Is this protip #1 of your long list of tips cHinzo? Can we expect #2 same time next week?
<3

udiie

image.php

Mokoi

Banned
I agree with this. When I have those days were I just can't seem to aim for shit or have crazy ping doing that become viable. lol
You change your avatar like every day udiie
Well at least he's following a theme.

soultron

Banned
– Added a fun-fact for last second bomb defusals.

Is this the "[defusing CT player] defused the bomb with 0.x seconds left on the timer" CT defuse win stat everyone's been asking for on r/GlobalOffensive?

Ludono

Damn you guys werent kidding.
400 DPI makes a world of difference.

I used to be at 800 with 2.3 sensitivity, for a while actually, and after a while had a hell of a time connecting anything. Now it's perfect at 400 DPI and 3.1 sen.

Also changed my crosshair to a thin green one with a slight gap. I love it.

I'm at 3.1 sen, 1600 DPI, 1000hz Polling on a Logitech G500s Raw Input ON and Acceleration OFF.... It feels fine to me, why should I lower my DPI? :p..... (in b4 witchhunt)

EDIT: Whoops double post, how to fix D:

Omega

Banned
I'm at 3.1 sen, 1600 DPI, 1000hz Polling on a Logitech G500s Raw Input ON and Acceleration OFF.... It feels fine to me, why should I lower my DPI? :p..... (in b4 witchhunt)

you cant. who cares lol

1600dpi is insane to me

CoolS

Weird. They really removed the A stairs on Overpass. Wonder why they did that..

224f4ecac6.jpg
Yea I don't like this

That, combined with the WAY bigger plant zone on A, should give the Ts a lot more options to work with. As a CT rotating you also have to ask yourself, do I take the longer and maybe safer route through bank, or do I try jumping up the new way while maybe exposing myself

Changes on Nuke are weird too. The ramps are metal now, and like.. the whole floor on B site is metal as well now.

http://puu.sh/dhnk7/d65f4c701a.jpg
http://puu.sh/dhnkV/35e8e02eb8.jpg

Guess it makes sense, footstep wise.

That's another suggestion the CSGO reddit had a while ago. Finally we will be able to tell if footsteps are coming from A or B. Always hated that. The question is, will it make Nuke even more CT sided?

Also:
•Vitaliy Genkin: "We are still recovering from jet lag following last week’s event, but this update already includes an initial set of changes we've put together based on pro player feedback from DreamHack 2014."

Sound like there should be a lot more to come and these are just the first quick changes they threw together.

soultron

Banned
Totes just uploaded my default cfg and my grenade practice cfg to Dropbox so i can properly play/practice at work.

Pls help me. What am I doing with my life?

Robot Pants

I have the G400s and I used to be at 1000hz, but I also lowered it to 500hz. I feel 500hz is enough and I'm not really sure how taxing 1000hz is on my CPU but 500hz seems to be fine.

Also 3.1 at 1600DPI is insane haha. How do you hit anything?
The reason you should lower your DPI is because the slightest mouse movements can throw off your aim and your pull down for recoil, so the less the mouse moves when you move, the better.

That's another suggestion the CSGO reddit had a while ago. Finally we will be able to tell if footsteps are coming from A or B. Always hated that. The question is, will it make Nuke even more CT sided?
They just need to rework Nuke all together. They've redone cobble before. And they've redone Overpass probably the most. Time for Nuke.

You mean like when they made the AUG and SG scopes into COD scopes? #neverforget
This sounds absolutely horrible.

Unrelated: I realise SMGs are mostly useful on closed-in maps/eco rounds but goddamn, the P90. I don't know a single game it's been in where it hasn't been super strong.

CoolS

I wish they would remove the cz already. That gun is just not CS.

Yeah, the CZ is here to stay. Skins mean that they can't remove the gun anymore. I guess they could remove it just for competitive, but I don't know.

Oh and just because it didn't exist before doesn't mean its not CS

Edit: Eight more pages to go. I feel kinda sad :(

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?

Holy shit thats a LOT.
No idea how you are able to aim with that.
You can keep the DPI I guess if you want, but I would definitely suggest lowering the sensitivity

I'm at 1.2 sens, 600 dpi, 6/11 windows, rawinput 1, accel off.

Ludono

Holy shit thats a LOT.
No idea how you are able to aim with that.
You can keep the DPI I guess if you want, but I would definitely suggest lowering the sensitivity

I'm at 1.2 sens, 600 dpi, 6/11 windows, rawinput 1, accel off.

I have the G400s and I used to be at 1000hz, but I also lowered it to 500hz. I feel 500hz is enough and I'm not really sure how taxing 1000hz is on my CPU but 500hz seems to be fine.

Also 3.1 at 1600DPI is insane haha. How do you hit anything?
The reason you should lower your DPI is because the slightest mouse movements can throw off your aim and your pull down for recoil, so the less the mouse moves when you move, the better.

you cant. who cares lol

1600dpi is insane to me

I stuck my gun barrel in the hornets nest it would seem HAHA

I don't know, I've always played with high sensitivity and DPI, lets me flick my reticule around real quickly :D

Whenever I lower my DPI to <1000 I feel like a slug. You've seen my clips, you know I can hit my shots ;D

Haroon

I encountered a new type of aimbot that I have not seen before. The people were not even aiming at the heads, and getting headshots :\

I encountered a new type of aimbot that I have not seen before. The people were not even aiming at the heads, and getting headshots :\

Yeah I've seen those before. They just aim at the ground while walking and once in a while they just give perfect headshots. It's pretty ridiculous.

Haroon

Well, tonights games went fairly well. Only went up against one team that was filled with cheaters. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. I went up against a team, and that was a close game. How about you guys?

cHinzo

I always do that run and flash when going B but never really thought to put a smoke first, I'll that a try next time :p
Yeah until u try to do that smoke and throw a CT smoke instead, blocking off the exit of the tunnels and getting sprayed down by the enemies. :d I still can't throw that smoke reliably, even after playing dust2 for years. Seem to hit the pillar or the side of the wall too often, that I dont bother using that smoke unless we're going for a slow push. Blocking off the tunnels happens way too often. :C

cHinzo

U guys all got fancy mouses. Do they improve ur aim? I'm using a 10 bucks wireless mouse from Trust. Can't change the 800 dpi and playing on a 1.3 sensitivity atm.

KiKaL

U guys all got fancy mouses. Do they improve ur aim? I'm using a 10 bucks wireless mouse from Trust. Can't change the 800 dpi and playing on a 1.3 sensitivity atm.

Man wireless? People playing with high sensitivity is one thing but the input lag on wireless drives me crazy. I have never been able to find one that wasn't noticeable but I could see how you could get used to it.

ChrisW

Yeah until u try to do that smoke and throw a CT smoke instead, blocking off the exit of the tunnels and getting sprayed down by the enemies. :d I still can't throw that smoke reliably, even after playing dust2 for years. Seem to hit the pillar or the side of the wall too often, that I dont bother using that smoke unless we're going for a slow push. Blocking off the tunnels happens way too often. :C
That's my issue with it too, I can throw it correctly if I stand still and line it up, but can't get the fluid run and throw down, THEN! Throwing the two flashes afterwards!

cHinzo

Man wireless? People playing with high sensitivity is one thing but the input lag on wireless drives me crazy. I have never been able to find one that wasn't noticeable but I could see how you could get used to it.
Doesn't a wireless mouse introduce more input lag?

Dnno, don't really notice any imput lag... maybe because I don't have any other mouse to use and I'm used to this one? Bought a cheap wireless one to take it with me to university. 2nd one, since I forgot to take my last one home with me two years ago. :p Imagine if it was an expensive mouse...

Man, I have too much time today. Read Ozion's and Shadows meltdown in the Steam thread. Time well spend. 8D

spootime

Yeah, the CZ is here to stay. Skins mean that they can't remove the gun anymore. I guess they could remove it just for competitive, but I don't know.

Oh and just because it didn't exist before doesn't mean its not CS

Edit: Eight more pages to go. I feel kinda sad :(

I don't have faith in valve ever really balancing stuff correctly, so I wish they would remove it. But you're right, it's here to stay.

cresto

I don't have faith in valve ever really balancing stuff correctly, so I wish they would remove it. But you're right, it's here to stay.

This has been talked to death. I have faith that Valve is working on a solution. It will be in the game forever due to the skins market. Making it less effective and more expensive would eliminate the current state of the game. Camping corners in CSGO is the lamest strategy and I refuse to use the weapon. Tec-9/Five-Seven all day err day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom