• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
I mean how practical is it in matches. I don't see it being too useful. The smoke would be better off blocking DD or window. I don't see much use in it. It will take a while to settle, so it can hardly stop mid rushes I think.

Maybe you'd want to do it as CT if you wanted to move someone from mid towards A or B and the first smoke you put up at those doors to block potential picks is going down soon? Although Ts might see the direction it comes from, which is a huge negative.

You're probably right in that it's not very useful.

It's not really practical. It requires you to be very far and it's better if he just flash them then move or just jump past it. The smoke takes too long. That's time wasted while he waits. It would be better if you smoke off tunnels to stop a B rush instead if you need backup.

cHinzo

Yeah using the skybox is fine. Like throwing a smoke using the skybox at Mirage that smokes off short from B apts. Sometimes it's very useful. Doubt it's useful on Dust2 though. :d

Also Soul, u from Na or EU?

Omega

Banned
Man, I practised smokes on D2 last night for like 2.5 hours. It's actually really fun... in a sick and twisted way. Trying to discover new smokes or ways to smoke the same spot from other positions is an addiction. I'm going to write a config file for myself. It's fun to learn all of the server cheat commands to set this kind of stuff up.

Also, just a general question: is it considered legal to use the invisible collision ceiling in a map to bounce smokes off it? As an example of this, it's possible to smoke mid doors on D2 from the B-site platform where an AWPer would normally look into upper tunnels. The smoke must be tossed in such a way that it bounces off the collision ceiling though.

yeah its fun. i know a bunch of smokes and useful molly spots that i'll never actually use

and yes its legal. most people use the ceiling to smoke CT from Cat on dust 2

ChrisW

I've spent a lot of time learning; smoke, flash and made points on dust. However a lot of the strats require others to know one two for when they need two smokes and people just don't know them :(

But I've watched an AdreN video today on how to do a fast B rush solo which uses two flashes and a smoke that I'm going to practice tonight

Morzak

Hm damn I have to train a lot more... I really have trouble with moving targets.... and overall I'm way to slow. Still won 3 today and was enough to get to Silver Elite.... slowly working my way up.

Omega

Banned
use aim_redline with a bots.cfg. I think Mokoi has mentioned it here before and maybe a few others.

I should use it more often before I play a match. Last time I played 2 matches and both were great games. Normally I don't even bother warming up though, I just accept invites and jump right into a match. explains why I play like shit and can't hit easy shots 90% of the time

udiie

Hm damn I have to train a lot more... I really have trouble with moving targets.... and overall I'm way to slow. Still won 3 today and was enough to get to Silver Elite.... slowly working my way up.
Did we already make mention of how important sensitivity is?

Morzak

Thanks I already use some Aim maps and a DM config with stationary and moving bots, plus the aim_training map, will definitely give this one a try.

I also have to work on my starts I tend to start really badly into matches lately no matter how much warm up I put in before and even in the 2nd or 3rd match.

Did we already make mention of how important sensitivity is?

I think I feel relatively comfortable with my sens have it at 1.8 with 400 dpi 6/11 in windows. It's not like I have no experiences with it, I always played with higher sens in the past but nowadays I feel like i wouldn't hit shit with a higher Sens.

cresto

Thanks I already use some Aim maps and a DM config with stationary and moving bots, plus the aim_training map, will definitely give this one a try.

I also have to work on my starts I tend to start really badly into matches lately no matter how much warm up I put in before and even in the 2nd or 3rd match.

I think I feel relatively comfortable with my sens have it at 1.8 with 400 dpi 6/11 in windows. It's not like I have no experiences with it, I always played with higher sens in the past but nowadays I feel like i wouldn't hit shit with a higher Sens.

If I am playing badly, I tend to try and take a step back and think about what is going wrong. I think about my positioning, crosshair placement, teamwork, etc. I helps to help focus you back into playing smart

Sensitivity is always a big sticking point for people, but just find what is comfortable. make sure you can rotate 180 degrees without lifting your mouse and it helps for those panic situations when someone sneaks up on you. I use 1.5 and 800 dpi so ~ 3.1 sens.

I personally love deathmatch when it comes to working on weapons and aiming. Turn on some good music and I can go for hours.

udiie

What you have sounds perfect

ChrisW

use aim_redline with a bots.cfg. I think Mokoi has mentioned it here before and maybe a few others.

I should use it more often before I play a match. Last time I played 2 matches and both were great games. Normally I don't even bother warming up though, I just accept invites and jump right into a match. explains why I play like shit and can't hit easy shots 90% of the time

What is this you speak of?

Morzak

Thanks for the all the Tips and the aim_botz map is really nice for moving targets :) .

Yeah Deathmatch should be good to improve aim against real people but I can't do that for more then 30-40 minutes until it gets on my nerves.

Robot Pants

Damn you guys werent kidding.
400 DPI makes a world of difference.

I used to be at 800 with 2.3 sensitivity, for a while actually, and after a while had a hell of a time connecting anything. Now it's perfect at 400 DPI and 3.1 sen.

Also changed my crosshair to a thin green one with a slight gap. I love it.

MayMay

Banned
There's most likely gonna be an update later today, at least the typical "We hope to have an update ready soon." email just got sent (it's an advance warning for ppl that host servers. They send it out in a mailing list a couple of hours before the update).

Everyone go enjoy the Overpass boost while you still can!

MayMay

Banned
Overpass
Bombsite A plant trigger has been extended
Added visual hints to the usable bombplant zones
Removed A pit stairs, replaced with jump
Fixed some overpowered boosts

Nuke
Changed floor material in ramp room and Bombsite B.
Fixed a sound bug where only footsteps could be heard through the wall between A site and ramp room.

Operation Vanguard
Season, Facade and Backalley updated with bugfixes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...nterstrike_global_offensive_update_for_12414/

Map fixes and Dreamhack trophies.

whoop dee doo

image.php

[DREAMHACK]

– Added Pick’Em Challenge trophies.
– Added Tournament winners trophies (Congratulations LDLC!)
– Made WATCH tab default to Live Games.
– Removed sticker store from Tournament tab.

[MAPS]

– Overpass
–Bombsite A plant trigger has been extended
–Added visual hints to the usable bombplant zones
–Removed A pit stairs, replaced with jump
–Fixed some overpowered boosts
– Nuke
–Changed floor material in ramp room and Bombsite B.
–Fixed a sound bug where only footsteps could be heard through the wall between A site and ramp room.
– Operation Vanguard
— Season, Facade and Backalley updated with bugfixes.

MISC]

– Marked mat_texture_list as a cheat convar.
– The extendfreeze command is no longer allowed in competitive mode.
– sv_kick_players_with_cooldown 2 on community servers no longer affects new players during Skill Group calibration phase.
– Added a fun-fact for last second bomb defusals.

I don't want my trophy. I got Silver for Cologne and now I got it again. I was only nine points off, all I needed was NiP to beat LDLC. :(

I hope they do it for MLG Aspen. I want gold. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom