• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haroon

Which ones was it?

It were was the guy called Tikki, The Tupac guy, The Guile dude, and the Crystal guy. Pretty much the top two fraggers of each team within the two matches. There might have been others, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time looking through each of their teammates :\.

Obviously. If they're cheating and getting beat, then they think the person is cheating :p

Well, the reason why I stated that they cheat is because I look through what they're doing, and how they're doing it. The cheaters make a lot of mistakes like coming out of a corner, and looking at exactly where the guy is. And then adjusting their aim because well, they don't want to get caught. Other ways is that they tend to check corners only when there's an enemy there. If there's no enemy, they just run around without checking anything at all. There are many ways to see whether someone is cheating based on how the individual plays the game. You could tell pretty quickly that someone is new by looking at their crosshair placement, and the type of decisions that they're making in certain situations.

Hey guys my new mouse has just arrived today. I got a Logitech G502. Could someone help me customize this? I don't even think I ever even set the dpi on my old mouse. I have an old Asus ROG gaming mouse that I used straight out of the box.

400 DPI, Windows Sensitivity at 6 notches, and whatever in-game sensitivity you feel comfortable with. Most people like to start off 2.0, and then adjust it from there.

Omega

Banned
Coming up: EuroGAF v USAGAF CSGO matches

(that would be cool though)

also a good idea. we can show NA superiority this way as well

we could do it this weekend. I'm ok with whatever actually. i just made up team omega vs team atsou because i thought the random scrambling we did last week was dumb. i just mainly want to play against Atsou so I can get better at awping cheating

udiie

Hey guys my new mouse has just arrived today. I got a Logitech G502. Could someone help me customize this? I don't even think I ever even set the dpi on my old mouse. I have an old Asus ROG gaming mouse that I used straight out of the box.

thats my mouse's younger, faster brother
get this: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/gaming-software
then when its installed, click on board memory
BdJd7Q2.png
click on the mouse, and adjust from there

garath

Well, the reason why I stated that they cheat is because I look through what they're doing, and how they're doing it. The cheaters make a lot of mistakes like coming out of a corner, and looking at exactly where the guy is. And then adjusting their aim because well, they don't want to get caught. Other ways is that they tend to check corners only when there's an enemy there. If there's no enemy, they just run around without checking anything at all. There are many ways to see whether someone is cheating based on how the individual plays the game. You could tell pretty quickly that someone is new by looking at their crosshair placement, and the type of decisions that they're making in certain situations.

Not talking about you at all :) Just commenting on the claim that cheaters will be the first to accuse people of cheating. It's 100% true.

I used to admin competitive leagues. You're definitely right. It's usually pretty straightforward to spot cheaters. Not always, but most of the time.

Shadownet

Banned
It were was the guy called Tikki, The Tupac guy, The Guile dude, and the Crystal guy. Pretty much the top two fraggers of each team within the two matches. There might have been others, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time looking through each of their teammates :\.

400 DPI, Windows Sensitivity at 6 notches, and whatever in-game sensitivity you feel comfortable with. Most people like to start off 2.0, and then adjust it from there.
Oh wow yeah I was pretty sure that Ikki, and Tupac guy was cheating. Especially Tupac. He disconnected after pistol round and came back, started playing way too well. The Guile guy yeah. him too.

Cheaters everywhere man.

also 400 dpi? Man I only have a standard size mousepad... I just played a bit of offline with bots. and 1900 dpi feel a bit low to me. I might bump it up to 2100. But I'll trust you and try out 400 dpi. I know most players tend to make dramatic movements with their mouse. But I like to be able to get a 90 degree turn with minimal mouse swipe.

thats my mouse's younger, faster brother
get this: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/gaming-software
then when its installed, click on board memory

click on the mouse, and adjust from there
Yeah I downloaded that. Been messing around with it. A lot of stuff I never even knew you can customize.

soultron

Banned
Hey, just wondering, how do you guys typically practise your grenades? Offline, no bots? Or do you go onto a L2P server or something?

Lourio

My first crack at recording using OBS. Pardon the shitty quality, need to tinker/test some more.
1st of many clutches from last night. Link

soultron

Banned
offline no bots for me

I just need to look up console commands for stuff like noclip and to add grenades or enable unlimited and I think I'm good. Hoping knowing more grenades will help me out.

Not knowing basic shit like how to effectively smoke A site on Mirage, at round start, when playing T-side really kills me sometimes.

Arucardo

Nice mouse ;) bought one myself a while ago. Be sure to calibrate/tune the sensor for your surface from the logitech gaming software, it makes a difference.

Also, with the new sensor on this mouse you don't need to use 400dpi (usually that's the native dpi for most sensors but not on this one, it can do more than that) like with most mice, I use 800dpi now myself. Switch the polling rate to 1000 too.

Mokoi

Banned
I just need to look up console commands for stuff like noclip and to add grenades or enable unlimited and I think I'm good. Hoping knowing more grenades will help me out.

Not knowing basic shit like how to effectively smoke A site on Mirage, at round start, when playing T-side really kills me sometimes.
Same place as your autoexc, and open it up to set the binds to whatever you want. Exec prac, for a good time. It'll show the nade trajectory, and I like using "alt" to fly around like a madman. :)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gd71u9u79o288oe/prac.c

Mokoi

Banned
Ignore the MUST HAVE BOT IN SERVER thing. You don't need one, and I look forward to your sick youtube video full of dubstep showcasing them mlg skills.

cresto

Thanks, my duders! I will use this and become MLG pro tonight.

Just incase you want more sources, check out the following links to configs and nades.

http://pastebin.com/3AVLakrM <-Detailed Practice config
Here is some info on it: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/20zrud/jappomans_pratice_cfg/

Only config resources:
http://www.csgoproconfig.com/
http://csgoconfigs.com/teams
http://csgohelp.com/

Nades:
http://csnades.com/
http://operationl2p.com/guides

Odah

Banned
never gonna bet on German vs. any team anymore (except for mouz ofc.)

the fucking german ddosers should go to hell.

edit: and of course I win my ICB bet on coldM lmao

CoolS

I have a big list of names to choose from, so don't worry about that. I hope I'll pick a good one. Probably include something about VAC as well with the recent events.

Ludono

So when is this GAF match going down? Even if I can't make it I need to at least get the demo so I can montage the hell outta it ;D

Divius

Guys, I actually won a bet. Oh man, that hasn't happened in a long time. Let's celebrate! It is not much, but then again, I don't have much.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a CSGO Skin. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LcUpfHM.png

P250 | Supernova MW -- MB-4CA71EB965E97DF8 - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex. 8 entrants total.

t1417703714z1.png

Haroon

Played a bit of GO tonight. In every scrim, I had at least one ace, lol. In addition to that, I had three aces in my last match, but I was not able to complete it because my overclock was not stable, and the computer crashed :(. Oh, I also faced one of the cheaters from our scrims.

Shadownet

Banned
Played a bit of GO tonight. In every scrim, I had at least one ace, lol. In addition to that, I had three aces in my last match, but I was not able to complete it because my overclock was not stable, and the computer crashed :(. Oh, I also faced one of the cheaters from our scrims.
You gotta specify who is "our" cause you play with a lot of people. Lol

And which cheater is it this time? I think in all my time of playing CS. I only played the same hacker twice.

Haroon

You gotta specify who is "our" cause you play with a lot of people. Lol

And which cheater is it this time? I think in all my time of playing CS. I only played the same hacker twice.

Oh you know. The guile dude from Mirage. With the Crystal Ball guy.

So when is this GAF match going down? Even if I can't make it I need to at least get the demo so I can montage the hell outta it ;D

No idea man...

Haroon

Did he rekt you and your team?

No, that was the match where I aced like three times, and my computer crashed before I could finish the match :(. He did however, did the same type of things that he did before. Peeking, and instantly headshotting me without me even having a chance to react.

soultron

Banned
Man, I practised smokes on D2 last night for like 2.5 hours. It's actually really fun... in a sick and twisted way. Trying to discover new smokes or ways to smoke the same spot from other positions is an addiction. I'm going to write a config file for myself. It's fun to learn all of the server cheat commands to set this kind of stuff up.

Also, just a general question: is it considered legal to use the invisible collision ceiling in a map to bounce smokes off it? As an example of this, it's possible to smoke mid doors on D2 from the B-site platform where an AWPer would normally look into upper tunnels. The smoke must be tossed in such a way that it bounces off the collision ceiling though.

Odah

Banned
Man, I practised smokes on D2 last night for like 2.5 hours. It's actually really fun... in a sick and twisted way. Trying to discover new smokes or ways to smoke the same spot from other positions is an addiction. I'm going to write a config file for myself. It's fun to learn all of the server cheat commands to set this kind of stuff up.

Also, just a general question: is it considered legal to use the invisible collision ceiling in a map to bounce smokes off it? As an example of this, it's possible to smoke mid doors on D2 from the B-site platform where an AWPer would normally look into upper tunnels. The smoke must be tossed in such a way that it bounces off the collision ceiling though.

I think you gonna get a VACation...

actually I have no idea

soultron

Banned
How practical is it though? I forget most of the impractical smokes.

You have to really find uses for it, but it's good in cases where you need to do a jumpthrow but, without the collision ceiling, it might go out of bounds or stuff like that. The ceiling helps in some ways, but you really need to know where the clipbrushes are and practise these types of smoke or it's completely impractical since the brushes often don't follow a uniform shape.

I mean how practical is it in matches. I don't see it being too useful. The smoke would be better off blocking DD or window. I don't see much use in it. It will take a while to settle, so it can hardly stop mid rushes I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom