• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

Watching NIP vs Very Games right now, I was wondering: Do all pro gamers play in 4:3? Or did I see that wrong? And what i the advantage of that?

Wallach

Can't believe VG wasted winning the first pistols on Nuke on T side on a totally ruined round 2... that could cost them so much.

Prelithe

Absolutely. $0.99 is the cheapest the passes will ever be. Plus, part of the money goes to the mapmakers.

You'll get enough drops to pay the pass back anyway.

Funny thing is, I've played for about 4 hours and haven't got a single drop :( It's sad because at the end of almost every round, someone else is getting a drop.

KingKong

man this semi is sad. Looks like they've really upped the drop rate though, like 200 per round. still nothing for me :(

Fnatic in the finals for GO and Dota 2 though, nice

Yep I've had twitch open and linked to steam since the very first game. Haven't missed a single one and have yet to get a single drop.

Sad to see Complexity getting spanked but I've been rooting for NiP. They have done so much for CS it's only right they win the first big tournament.

Holy shit CS:GO just hit 94k Concurrent players on steam. Wow.

Don't forget to boot up csgo to check for drops. For some reason I thought I would get notified through steam, but it actually doesn't give you any notification.

Only got some trash dualies though

Booted cs go. No drops. damn you volvo.

wh4C9RC.png

ksan

got 2 drops, way more than i expected, but an auto sniper and a nova aint close to my brother's $500+ dota 2 tourney drop... =(

im kinda dissapointed that the finals are between nip and fnatic, im a huge nip fan, but i think nip vs vg would have been a way more hype finals than semis

cebri.one

I've just bought the game on sale, it's great. I've been playing CS since the 0.7 beta, and this feels like a completely new game. Well done Valve.

feel

Got 2 Grand final drops. The boxes are going for $8 each, same as the ones from early matches since there's no diferentiation. Guess I'm opening them.

feel

I stil don't get how the drops work. Do I have to be ingame while wathcing?
I just left the twitch stream runing at home. While checking my steam inventory just now for something unrelated I noticed the two new souvenir boxes in the csgo section.

KingKong

these casters are awful though. So much "if they win this, theyll win the map", so much talking about the dust2 comeback, they keep calling rounds or maps like 30 seconds in

KingKong

wow Fnatic just rolled them on train, really wasnt expecting that. crazy that NiP would have probably won if they just had 1 more round as CT on dust2

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
God I suck at this game.

I put the D in K/D.

That's why I play offline with bots. ;)

Someone explain the item drop system they introduced. It's not in the console versions (obviously) so it's a new thing coming to the PC version.

It's not like TF2?

CoolS

Someone explain the item drop system they introduced. It's not in the console versions (obviously) so it's a new thing coming to the PC version.

It's not like TF2?

At the end of every round there is a chance for random drops. Cases which can contain even rarer weapon skins also drop. You need to buy key to open them though.

It's not like TF2?
Yeah it's like TF2: skins and cases drop until you reach the weekly limit, you can open the cases with keys, you can sell them, same as the weaponskins, most rare/valuable stuff is only in the cases with low percentage of finding them. Biggest difference is that it's (still) more limited than TF2: not hundreds of cases but a handful and no new guns or outfits/stuff, just skins

Edit: ah yeah, they only drop at the end of the match though.

CoolS

btw. was there a change about seeing the health of other players after you died? Seems I can only see the health of the player that killed me if I also hit him. Is that intentional?

Bought the game when it was on sale a few days ago, is there any guide or else I should read/watch/whatever to learn the basics? Like the shooting, I saw there are some guides to learn how to stutter-step, spray,burst, etc..

cebri.one

Bought the game when it was on sale a few days ago, is there any guide or else I should read/watch/whatever to learn the basics? Like the shooting, I saw there are some guides to learn how to stutter-step, spray,burst, etc..

Well, i'm no pro but first improve your movement skills, i'd say is as important as knowing how to shoot well. Here you have a tutorial about how to sidestep while shooting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCtal_f8nJI

Once you know how to move well, chose a few weapons (a pistol, a submachine gun, a pair of rifles) and try to get better with them. There are plenty of tutorials for each weapon on youtube from pro players.

Add me to steam if you want to play some matches and we can improve together :p (Steam id : cebri101)

edit: some footage i recorded earlier during my first competitive match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6953UlDVCY :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why did they changed the behavior of hostage from "lead" to "carry?"

It's kinda jarring coming from the console version and I'm not sure of a logical change in terms of balance/gameplay that needed it.

I wouldn't mind an option of having both, honestly. Leading the hostages was intense because the terrorists could murder them in cold blood to stop you.

It's kinda jarring coming from the console version and I'm not sure of a logical change in terms of balance/gameplay that needed it.

I wouldn't mind an option of having both, honestly. Leading the hostages was intense because the terrorists could murder them in cold blood to stop you.

Because the hostage ai was incredibly stupid and would often get stuck which lead most people to not bother and turned the mode into deathmatch. At least now it's pretty much one flag ctf.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

In addition to what Count said, the CTs could rescue two hostages, murder the other two, and win the round.

It was broken, and needed fixing. Valve's solution works.

The hostage AI was too much of a random element. Though I still don't expect to see hostage maps ever played competitively because they're basically just CT's walking into a slightly different deathtrap every time when it's only 10 players.

And do people actually use the SSG, or just save up for AWP? It seems to fire slower than in CSS.

rav

And do people actually use the SSG, or just save up for AWP? It seems to fire slower than in CSS.

Depends, since Dust II is almost always what is 'randomly' picked for competitive if I leave it in the list, I'll use that as reference. In mid the sniping war can be pretty interesting if both teams have snipers, it's possible to take out an AWP with an SSG if you're good. (always feels sooo good too.)
And if your team is a bit down, you could possibly save money this way too, as it's much cheaper to buy the scout SSG08 than the awp. Plus I've gotten some lucky shots through the doors, because I know where people usually sit for T spawn and for CT spawn.
Edit: There is a section comparing both at http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/SSG_08

Clydefrog

Depends, since Dust II is almost always what is 'randomly' picked for competitive if I leave it in the list, I'll use that as reference. In mid the sniping war can be pretty interesting if both teams have snipers, it's possible to take out an AWP with an SSG if you're good. (always feels sooo good too.)
And if your team is a bit down, you could possibly save money this way too, as it's much cheaper to buy the scout SSG08 than the awp. Plus I've gotten some lucky shots through the doors, because I know where people usually sit for T spawn and for CT spawn.
Edit: There is a section comparing both at http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/SSG_08

I haven't played in a month, but it used to be that there was 100% accuracy when jumping with the scout. pretty helpful to know you can be a jumping bean and still be a good sniper

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

SSG 08 is a good early round weapon. It can kill an unarmored target with a single headshot or stomach shot. But it's risky going for that over a cheap assault rifle or SMG.

It's pretty tough to use that weapon against the AWP or autosniper in later rounds, though.

I played deathmatch for a week and all it did was make me really bad at the game. Fun.
I legitimately feel like mowing down bots on office in offline Competitive before I even touched matchmaking was far more helpful than online deathmatch. I'm not touching casual because Counter-Strike with 20 players is just nonsense.

And do people ever use burst on the FAMAS now? I heard it got buffed in the past couple weeks/ months.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just had such a great match! We lost, but it was so much fun! Total randos in competitive matchmaking but everyone was just lively and having a great time. Super Atypical experience and really fulfilling.

I played deathmatch for a week and all it did was make me really bad at the game. Fun.
I legitimately feel like mowing down bots on office in offline Competitive before I even touched matchmaking was far more helpful than online deathmatch. I'm not touching casual because Counter-Strike with 20 players is just nonsense.

And do people ever use burst on the FAMAS now? I heard it got buffed in the past couple weeks/ months.

There was a time I would use the FAMAS over the M4.

They keep tinkering and I just cant be arsed with learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom