• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
wondering if any gaffers wanna play sometime.

I have 150 hours put into the game but I still consider myself a noob. I have a 3 star rank but I know I'm better than that. Playing pugs is frustrating. I've partied up with people and played with double AKs/eagles and had most MVPs

CoolS

I've been sucking ass lately. Lost the three last competetive matches

Funny enough, the one game I play a little bit better, we still loose and I get ranked down ^^

ksan

So anyone know if they are good at banning after people reported?
Had a guy on my team turn on his wh/aimkey last three rounds so...
When you all aim, do you move your entire hand or just your wrist?

40cm/16 inches for a bit less than 270 degrees, moving my arm!

Radix

Neo Member
I'm climbing my way back up the matchmaking ranks and just got my Eagle back, but I think it might be time to take a break from MM and wait for a VAC ban wave.

They also need to fix this memory leak. Everything in the game keeps getting better while performance keeps getting worse.

P.S. Clydefrog, get new Internet.

I'm climbing my way back up the matchmaking ranks and just got my Eagle back, but I think it might be time to take a break from MM and wait for a VAC ban wave.

They also need to fix this memory leak. Everything in the game keeps getting better while performance keeps getting worse.

P.S. Clydefrog, get new Internet.

They did the same with TF2. Will be a couple of years before they "optimise" it.

bs000

I had my first 128 tick match, and man, everyone dies so much faster. There were so many moments where I was surprised I actually got the kill or headshot. Even weapon animations feel smoother.

Slowly working my way up as well.
Master Guardian 2 as of last match. Phew.
Sometimes though, I really cannot believe just how rude/ignorant some people can be.
I need to figure out a way to just block that out.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Update:

[UI]
- To improve chat readability, chat text colors have been updated to make the team, location and "say" text all use unique colors.

[COMMUNITY]
- Fixed exploits where custom maps could run non-whitelisted server commands.
- Added functions for VScript to ask gamerules what game mode and type the current match is set to.

[MISC]
- Fixed an exploit where player's could print chat text on behalf of the console.
- Fixed grenades making continuous noise when thrown into narrow spaces.

Ilúvatar

Would definitely like to do matchmaking with GAF guys - the only problem is my connection at school is crap. Are there any regular groups that happen?

This gun is so damn sexy.
ZCmMgfJ.png

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Cobble and a new map, Overpass? Awesome! Map updates are my favorite type of CS:GO updates.

Ilúvatar;93627075 said:
Oh great, cbble.

/kill

It sounds like they're doing some significant reworking on it to make it more fun and balanced.

CoolS

I know many people didn't like cbble but I always loved it. So excited is's returning.

And i am actually surprised there will be a totally new map. Looking forward to it.
When was the last time Valve actually created a new map?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I know many people didn't like cbble but I always loved it. So excited is's returning.

And i am actually surprised there will be a totally new map. Looking forward to it.
When was the last time Valve actually created a new map?

You mean a new comp map? Assuming they were Valve-made, back in 2005, when Port and Compound were released for CS:S.

chessnut

I wish you could add notes to your downloaded matches. I have about 10 matches saved because I wanted to make a video of certain rounds from each match, but they are now a couple weeks old so I forgot about what i wanted from each one

I've run across a peculiar issue since the last patch. My video settings restart every time I start up the game, the paged pool memory setting is gone from my advanced options, and regardless of what I set my texture quality to the result is low quality in-game. I've tried fiddling around with video.txt to no avail, and even a fresh install hasn't changed a thing. Kinda stumped. Anyone know of a possible solution?

jordisok

Cbble! My only experience of that map is on crazy 40+ player servers and everyone camping to snipe mid. Be interesting to see what it's like competitive.

ksan

wat, i just played against fnatic's schneider

was about to make a big comeback, but we lost 14-16, down to a 1v3 for a team mate in the last round, who took out two and planted =(

I'm really terrible with the AK. The gun is basically stop, get one-shot-kill headshot, and I just can't do it. I know it's not something you can just pick up and do, but I don't have any confidence with the gun at all. deathmatch has only ever made me worse at the game, so I don't know about that.

feel

I'm really terrible with the AK. The gun is basically stop, get one-shot-kill headshot, and I just can't do it. I know it's not something you can just pick up and do, but I don't have any confidence with the gun at all. deathmatch has only ever made me worse at the game, so I don't know about that.
I can't aim for shit so I let 2 or 3 bullets fly before letting the trigger go and hope the ones that spread actually hit by luck if the first one misses.

Like in this AK ace I pulled a few days ago where most of the kills are with bullet #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5jKdqI5kmk

Ikon

Think I'm going to have to quit playing this game. Just had 2 people on my team disconnect during a comp. game and I'm pretty sure the anger I felt is in no way healthy.

jokkir

I have a huge problem which I only started experiencing lately. I'm not sure if it's my PC or if it needs a reformat (because it's been going really slow lately because of who knows what) but my settings keep getting reset each time I boot up the game. It's rather annoying as I have to set the resolution and put everything back to whatever settings it was before to get optimal performance in-game.

Anyone know why it's doing this and how to fix it? Re-verifying game cache didn't work nor did reinstalling my GPU drivers.

ksan

I have a huge problem which I only started experiencing lately. I'm not sure if it's my PC or if it needs a reformat (because it's been going really slow lately because of who knows what) but my settings keep getting reset each time I boot up the game. It's rather annoying as I have to set the resolution and put everything back to whatever settings it was before to get optimal performance in-game.

Anyone know why it's doing this and how to fix it? Re-verifying game cache didn't work nor did reinstalling my GPU drivers.

read only on some configs/files or something in the launch options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom