• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is GAF shitting the bed for anyone else? I've been trying to log on since like 10am this morning and I just got in.

my roommates changed the internet to u-verse and it's made CS pretty much unplayable. i haven't played in like 3 weeks :(

Shit son. Hope you get that sorted out. I was playing on WiFi the other day and my ping was like 50-100+ what it normally is, and yeah CS is not fun at all when you're lagging like that.

You heathen. 1 deags are godlike. You can't give up on it.

1 deags are godlike, too bad they now have less to do with skill and more to do with blind luck. The deagle in 1.6 was amazing. Now it's not nearly worth the $800 price.

I actually think having a ping between 45-75ms is perfect for GO.

I'm almost certain there's some sort of lag compensation thingymebob going on playing this game.

Uriah

I get a ping of around 5-10 usually. People ask me if I work for Valve lol

Shame it doesn't help my aim that much.

feel

A Valve employee test match is handing out Dreamhack drops after each round right now. Go to GOTV ingame to join. edit- OVER

ibsfu9AWn9YgKB.jpg

KingKong

It seems like it's just random skins with one of the dreamhack stickers on them right? No idea how its worth ~$120 (and I saw some of them sell)

bs000

What time does Dreamhack start? Did they get drops working on twitch? What channels should I be following on twitch?

I only played Militia in matchmaking once and it was not enjoyable. And there isn't any of the strategy of the de maps. You just try not to get AWP'd in the first 20 seconds and then hopefully pick off enough of the other team to win.

I played some games, but one game had no drops, the other was all cases, and another the only drop was a Gunmetal Five-Seven. No idea what any of the new skins are.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I only played Militia in matchmaking once and it was not enjoyable. And there isn't any of the strategy of the de maps.

You played Militia once and decided it had little/no strategy. I've played Militia dozens of times and have decided it does, in fact, have strategy.

I get it, though. You had a bad experience on a map, so it's easy to write it off.

You just try not to get AWP'd in the first 20 seconds and then hopefully pick off enough of the other team to win.

I'm pretty sure you can apply the exact same statement to Dust 2.

KingKong

why is that guy wearing a Lakers jersey, he looks ridiculous

also who's the guy that looks like he's 60. weirdest presenters ever lol

Imagine what the numbers would be like if they actually supported the game with meaningful content?

Remember when Valve supported TF2 with "meaningful content" like weapons that intentionally and pointlessly disrupt the balance of the game? The Pomson? Absurdly rare items that only exist to further monetize the game?
They're pretty content just to put in skins and do map passes for CSGO.

Remember when Valve supported TF2 with "meaningful content" like weapons that intentionally and pointlessly disrupt the balance of the game? The Pomson? Absurdly rare items that only exist to further monetize the game?
They're pretty content just to put in skins and do map passes for CSGO.

I was thinking some more maps which the best talent in the world could help design. Maybe spruce up old maps like they've done for the game?

How about a new game mode? - Possibilities are endless.

But we get gun skins and drops to inflate numbers.

KingKong

I was thinking some more maps which the best talent in the world could help design. Maybe spruce up old maps like they've done for the game?

How about a new game mode? - Possibilities are endless.

But we get gun skins and drops to inflate numbers.

I agree I'd like more old maps but Valve has always sucked at making new maps, no matter what the game is

chessnut

Imagine what the numbers would be like if they actually supported the game with meaningful content?

what? This game has amazing support. It's immensely better than what it was 3 months ago, let alone since it first came out.

bomb planting sound, map tweaks, adding the the m4a1-s/usp, and decent map packs just off the top of my head.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought CS:GO, and wondering if I should buy an Operation Bravo Pass as its on sale?

Absolutely. $0.99 is the cheapest the passes will ever be. Plus, part of the money goes to the mapmakers.

You'll get enough drops to pay the pass back anyway.

Wallach

Dreamhack has been pretty great so far. Many close games.

It's been pretty awesome. I've really missed watching competitive CS.

Complexity's win over the Dragons was so good. Felt a bit bad for Reason losing to the Dragons in the way they did on Nuke.

Should be a really great last day judging by yesterday's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom