• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

^ lol

Sure, I suck ass most of the time, but occasionally I go all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO6s3QW5zGE

iQPddTjFuyOpP.gif

and it's all worth it.

<3 Counter-Strike

^ lol

Sure, I suck ass most of the time, but occasionally I go all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO6s3QW5zGE

iQPddTjFuyOpP.gif

and it's all worth it.

<3 Counter-Strike

Impressive. Nuke is a really tough map if your team is uncoordinated. I almost never see people successfully raid the upper bomb site in pubs — the rafters + the vents + outside + the hut + the actual bombsite provide so many hiding spots that usually pub teams get decimated when they rush in. Lower is also tough for the same reasons, so that ace was really nice.

Uiki

That has to be a bug right? And actually explains a lot of situations I had with a mate just now.

Uhm..not a bug.

Without armor you ALWAYS get aimpunched.

Now with armor you get no (or very little) aimpunch. Which is great, but aimpunch needs to go away even without armor.

As it is today with this patch ecos without armor stand a very little chance against full buys (or smg on the second round). They just need to land the first shoot to throw your aim off and you are done.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody out there want to party up for some competitive matches? My mic is broke but its always fun to have a buddy.

my steamID is lastflowers. I'm going to be pretty busy this month, as I'm doing the NaNoWriMo challenge coupled with lots of work. I live in Seattle, so if you're US-based I'll still be down for a game or two here and there.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
In matchmaking is it common to kick players without a mic? I just got kicked, and I was playing pretty well and certainly not being obnoxious or anyting. Its the first time I've been kicked, but the second time I've had a vote called on me. I do have ALL voice communication turned off because I really really dislike hearing people scream in my ear. I dunno, it was super frustrating.

In matchmaking is it common to kick players without a mic? I just got kicked, and I was playing pretty well and certainly not being obnoxious or anyting. Its the first time I've been kicked, but the second time I've had a vote called on me. I do have ALL voice communication turned off because I really really dislike hearing people scream in my ear. I dunno, it was super frustrating.

I wouldn't call it common, especially if you're playing well. But I have seen it happen at least twice. It's a shame, I sort of hate it. My main grief is that you can lose ranks, which I know happens in every game but the whole "you get matched up with equal skilled opponents" thing is bullshit when you have four teammates and any number of them can either leave, grief, or troll. It's just so frustrating.

Not nearly common enough. One thing is not having a mic, but cutting off others ability to easily communicate with you makes you the kind of player I'd rather not have on my team. If some individual is annoying you, they can easily be muted. No need to turn off voice comms.

bs000

There's almost always one or two players on a team that don't have a mic. Most of the time I don't even notice who it is. As long as they're not playing stupid and pull their weight, it's fine, and in any case it's still better than having a bot.

jordisok

Decided to pick this up again today for the first time in a few months, seems to have been some significant UI changes since I last played?! Ammo count especially and either I'm going crazy or the default scale has changed too?

EDIT: Seemed to just be demolition getting me confused.

TheExodu5

Banned

If you're playing at a higher level, voice chat should be expected. Communication is extremely important. You're not going to be very useful if you don't call things out. The fact that you mute all voice chat is even worse...you're likely not following what your teammates are saying at all. Not having a mic is one thing, but cutting off all communication would be enough for me not to want you on my team.

This game is fun but I need something better than a macbook to be good at it. What's a common kill ratio for decent players?

I just downloaded GO on my 4 year old laptop and was surprised how well it ran (on the lowest settings, of course). I had 50-90 fps even in the chaos of a full 24 player server.

TheExodu5

Banned
This game is fun but I need something better than a macbook to be good at it. What's a common kill ratio for decent players?

Depends entirely who you're playing against. If you're playing against similarly skilled opponents, expect your K:D to be anywhere from 0.5 on a bad game to 3 on a good game.

jerry1594

Depends entirely who you're playing against. If you're playing against similarly skilled opponents, expect your K:D to be anywhere from 0.5 on a bad game to 3 on a good game.

Wow well I seriously need to upgrade. I only have bad games and worse, and the occasional even break.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely a super beginner, but I'm getting better. I just got 2 or 3 MVPs in the last match and played out my epic strategy of running at someone with a P90 and squirting all over them to some success.I really want to buy the one thats spray-painted with vibrant cat-skulls. I might even try using a grenade later tonight. So far its fun, I've played Counter-Strike on and off since the beginning of time but this is the first time its ever really appealed to me. Basically because of how effective the matchmaking is, it used to be impossible to find an actual match from start to finish.

Concept17

I'm definitely a super beginner, but I'm getting better. I just got 2 or 3 MVPs in the last match and played out my epic strategy of running at someone with a P90 and squirting all over them to some success.I really want to buy the one thats spray-painted with vibrant cat-skulls. I might even try using a grenade later tonight. So far its fun, I've played Counter-Strike on and off since the beginning of time but this is the first time its ever really appealed to me. Basically because of how effective the matchmaking is, it used to be impossible to find an actual match from start to finish.

Nothing strategic about it. Learn some of the rifles, recoil, and actual strats and you're sure to get more into it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It scares people. its awesome. They freak out and then you just steady your aim.

I won ten matches (I'm assuming it gets you an achievement) a while ago. Not in competitive though.
You need those 10 wins in competitive before you get your rank. IMO it's worth trying, 5v5 is a lot more exciting version of CS than the 16v16 I see on a lot of community servers. 16v16 is fun, but it's not filled with butt-clenching tension like 5v5 competitive...

Clydefrog

try using the Nova when you're low on cash. it's an amazing shotgun (better at mid-range than up close, for some reason)

The shotguns can be so ridiculous. I shot a guy point blank in his center mass with the Nova yesterday and it did 60 damage and I got killed. 60 damage for a shotty to the chest. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Clydefrog

The shotguns can be so ridiculous. I shot a guy point blank in his center mass with the Nova yesterday and it did 60 damage and I got killed. 60 damage for a shotty to the chest. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

yeah, there's some voodoo going on with shotguns... so unpredictable

Clyde why don't you ever play on the CaliCS servers anymore.

Speaking of, whoever it was that recognized me yesterday (Radix I think?): you are a very good player, and that was a good game.

In other news, I have finally given up on the deagle. It is a terrible gun in GO. I've been using the P250 lately and it is amazing.

jerry1594

You need those 10 wins in competitive before you get your rank. IMO it's worth trying, 5v5 is a lot more exciting version of CS than the 16v16 I see on a lot of community servers. 16v16 is fun, but it's not filled with butt-clenching tension like 5v5 competitive...

I need a new setup first. My aim is terrible and compounded with my laptop that stutters a lot I have no chance.

Plus I'm using a ten year old dell mouse haha

Clydefrog

Clyde why don't you ever play on the CaliCS servers anymore.

Speaking of, whoever it was that recognized me yesterday (Radix I think?): you are a very good player, and that was a good game.

In other news, I have finally given up on the deagle. It is a terrible gun in GO. I've been using the P250 lately and it is amazing.

my roommates changed the internet to u-verse and it's made CS pretty much unplayable. i haven't played in like 3 weeks :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom