• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

CoolS

Visibilty on new train seems amazing. Feels like Ts really have a chance of making it onto the bombsites. Map is really different as well, while still maintaining the classic train feeling, at least from walking around on it. I like it.

valeo

cz nerf and a much better looking train.

Well done volvo; actually makes me want to play again.

It looks as if you'll actually be able to see people outside on train now rather than just shooting in the dark hoping for the best.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I don't like how empty and open the outside area looks now.

spootime

Wow. I'm usually extremely critical of valve but I think they've done a great job with this update. Nerfing cz75 into obsolescence is the best thing to do - its a boring brain dead gun that never belonged. Changes to the m4a1 price makes a lot of sense. And the train map update is really exciting. Its sad to see heaven go but I think that it might end up being more fun than the 1.6 version.

One thing to notice is how much valve has changed their map making strategy since they released inferno. If you play inferno compared to the 1.6 version its extraordinarily cramped. Like it feels claustrophobic to send your team down banana because you're rubbing shoulders as you try to squeeze through. Similarly, the areas around mid and CT arch are much more narrow and squeezed together, giving you minimal space to maneuver.

After a brief runthrough of the new train, I was definitely struck by how much open space Valve has left in the map. Some spots are even more open than they were in 1.6 (A train yard definitely comes to mind as an example of this). This helps to negate the crazy advantage that awps had on train and should make rifle play more fun and rewarding. Also notice that valve is using a lot more lighter textures so CTs and easier to see for terrorists.

Overall I'm really happy with the update. Im glad that valve is making positive changes to the game. Now just add 128 ticks, fix movement and hitboxes, and we're golden!!

Omega

Banned
i think there's a better chance of me buying Souvenir FN Dragon Lores for every CSGAF member than Valve adding 128tick servers

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Betcha m4a4 skins go up in $$$ now.

My m4a asiimov has been progressively going up, glad I got it when it was on the decline.

also glad to hear train is back, i've always enjoyed that map. Excited to see the new changes.

Interesting changes to the CZ, we'll see if it still proves to be viable.

Sajjaja

My m4a asiimov has been progressively going up, glad I got it when it was on the decline.

also glad to hear train is back, i've always enjoyed that map. Excited to see the new changes.

Interesting changes to the CZ, we'll see if it still proves to be viable.

where the fuck have you been

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Do you guys think there will be another spike in griffin prices? or should I sell the one i just got, field tested goes for a good $3 nowadays.

edit: meh just gonna sell it while people still want this ugly thing.

I think we all saw the CZ nerf coming. However, the M4A1 price increase not so much. I'll still prefer to use it over the M4A4.

CoolS

I think we all saw the CZ nerf coming. However, the M4A1 price increase not so much. I'll still prefer to use it over the M4A4.
I'm really considering going back to the A4 for the extra bullets and spray potential. If anything, Valve made CT sides a bit more expensive now.

udiie

man valve has gotta start censoring name tags
VoiYGoF.png

Agkel

How hard is it to jump in with 0 CS experience? Also any site that sells CS GO at a discount? I dont mind paying full price but if theres a good key site out there ill take advantage of it.

How hard is it to jump in with 0 CS experience? Also any site that sells CS GO at a discount? I dont mind paying full price but if theres a good key site out there ill take advantage of it.

The biggest thing I still 600 hours later need to adjust to was staying still while shooting and compensating for recoil.

Agkel

The biggest thing I still 600 hours later need to adjust to was staying still while shooting and compensating for recoil.

Yeah, I was watching Frankie something something on YT and he was showing the recoil and how to practice compensating for it.

I guess my main concern would be, is there good matchmaking or something similar to it and new players joining in? Dont want to go in and get stumped until I get up to speed.

Yeah, I was watching Frankie something something on YT and he was showing the recoil and how to practice compensating for it.

I guess my main concern would be, is there good matchmaking or something similar to it and new players joining in? Dont want to go in and get stumped until I get up to speed.

There is but sometimes smurfs make it hard to get a fair match.

ChrisW

One thing I dislike about maps like train and season is that they're so big and have a huge amount of rooms and too much detail, k find it super distracting. It's the reason why dust is so popular, because the map is quite simple, same with inferno and mirage

CoolS

One thing I dislike about maps like train and season is that they're so big and have a huge amount of rooms and too much detail, k find it super distracting. It's the reason why dust is so popular, because the map is quite simple, same with inferno and mirage

Dust is pretty huge as well. I'd say train has just the right amount of detail. It's pretty simple at player levels and gets more detailes above that

So if I bought the 25 pack and used an alt account to view my match would my alt get all 25 items :p?

The answer has to be no. I'll need 25 alts

Top Bottom