• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

ChrisW

Dust is pretty huge as well. I'd say train has just the right amount of detail. It's pretty simple at player levels and gets more detailes above that
I guess it's just cause I've never played it, but there is a lot more "stuff" going on in train, boxes, back paths, ladders etc

Morzak

One thing I dislike about maps like train and season is that they're so big and have a huge amount of rooms and too much detail, k find it super distracting. It's the reason why dust is so popular, because the map is quite simple, same with inferno and mirage

I actually like the visual Style of the new Season and new Train (just walked around in it a bit). They are pretty clear with good contrast. Dust2 on the other hand is a nightmare for me when it comes ot visibility. And I think the size of train is fine and with the new changes it should be more playable.

Lets see what the CZ nerf does to the gun and if it's still too good on ecos. it definitely should nerf it as a sidearm to the AWP. Hm the m4a1 nerf makes athe A4 more interesting the bigger magazine is something I could use on certain spots, that silver aim :) .

Haroon

Everyone free next week? We should start it up next week. The only days that I can't show up is the weekends because I work :(. I think it would be good if we know when is everyone free so we could make a date.

udiie

Everyone free next week? We should start it up next week. The only days that I can't show up is the weekends because I work :(. I think it would be good if we know when is everyone free so we could make a date.

ill be good next week.

CoolS

I'd love to join, but I don't know how feasible it is for me being EU, with the time difference and all.

Edit: these DPs again :(

lol I love the physics in this game, so ridiculous at times.

DCB8DCE3D3BE1F403AA346A9AA86B7CF5A5D8FEC

K.Sabot

Selling my glock fade FN full fade if anyone's interested, PM me! Would rather do a deal with a gafer who's interested first rather than brave the depths of the trade reddit or lounge.

Jenenser

i don't like the new update...
cz needed a nerf, but this?!... :'(
and the nerf for m4-s is just hilarious. ak is such a strong weapon in comparision...
bitchbitchbitch!
nagnagnag!

well see how this will go...
btw, deagle for 700 :))))) fix the damn weapon, not the price.

Omega

Banned
I had no idea an all black grinder was something that people demanded. I had one, I think I sold it.

or maybe I bet it away. who knows..

CoolS

i don't like the new update...
cz needed a nerf, but this?!... :'(
and the nerf for m4-s is just hilarious. ak is such a strong weapon in comparision...
bitchbitchbitch!
nagnagnag!

well see how this will go...
btw, deagle for 700 :))))) fix the damn weapon, not the price.

CZ was ridiculous, people using it in close quarters over AK or M4 and teams like LDLC winning tons of ecos with it is insane. Plus the recoil hasn't changed.

And the M4 nerf, while unexpected, might help make CT side a little bit weaker, which is definitely something that's a good thing with how CT sided the whole GO meta is.

I had no idea an all black grinder was something that people demanded. I had one, I think I sold it.

or maybe I bet it away. who knows..

I don't think you can bet it yet, can you?

I don't get why people want a black one, I really like the different colors mixed in there.

haveheart

Banned
CZ was ridiculous, people using it in close quarters over AK or M4 and teams like LDLC winning tons of ecos with it is insane. Plus the recoil hasn't changed.

And the M4 nerf, while unexpected, might help make CT side a little bit weaker, which is definitely something that's a good thing with how CT sided the whole GO meta is.

I don't think you can bet it yet, can you?

I don't get why people want a black one, I really like the different colors mixed in there.

Not all black, but black with rainbow sprinkles: almost no grey pattern but many rainbow colored dashes (from blue, green, to pink).
At least that's what I was looking for...

Arucardo

I think the time has come to switch back to M4A4 :O . I'll get some use out of my Griffin. Should make me more consistent with AK spraying too, the recoil pattern is pretty similar between them.

EDIT: Also, with everyone showing off their grinders, here's two of mine:

garath

Damn you guys and your case successes. I opened 4 more last night lol.

All junk. Especially the Phoenix and huntsman cases. The junk skins in there were worth like .10 compared to the .50 of Vanguard cases.

Enough of that. I'll keep using my penny skins and never own a knife :)

haveheart

Banned
Damn you guys and your case successes. I opened 4 more last night lol.

All junk. Especially the Phoenix and huntsman cases. The junk skins in there were worth like .10 compared to the .50 of Vanguard cases.

Enough of that. I'll keep using my penny skins and never own a knife :)

Same here. Never got anything out of a case.

I think I'm gonna save some cases for Christmas.

We should do a Christmas Case Opening Party!

They just made dust2 in CS:GO grey and dull. Much prefer the yellow brown-ish colours of the 1.6 dust2.

That's why I use a toggle that adds digital vibrance/saturation. It's crazy how much clearer everything is and how little colour and contrast there is in all the maps.

cresto

What toggle?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/28i4vk/saturation_toggler_v12/

What I use. It only turns the saturation levels on full blast when you launch the game versus always having it on. I can't play without it anymore. Game looks dull and boring without it.

I played the new train last night. Dropped another 30 bomb. I like the feel of the map. The openness at A makes a T rush incredibly easy, but also dangerous if the CTs have a decent awper. We did a CT save round and just bum rushed the new T A connector with huge success. One flash and we had two weapons in our hands and won the round. The B changes are really interesting too. We ended up at 9-6 on T side even though there was a dick head on our team who kept fucking around for the first 5-10 rounds. I hope they replace this map with cobblestone. It's pretty obvious no one likes the map and its probably what prompted them to release the new map into the vanguard map pool. I imagine they put train in the reserve list so they could do this transformation. I've seen a lot of bugs come up, so i hope they are quick to fix the issues with something like tossing the bomb out of play and the weird bird issue.

I hope dust2 gets a make over. It's so drab compared to cache/inferno/season/etc.

haveheart

Banned

That should work, I think this is the one I'm using, since I'm on AMD. It works in every game since it sets the entire screen to a higher saturation. It helps me a lot on Insurgency too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/28i4vk/saturation_toggler_v12/

What I use. It only turns the saturation levels on full blast when you launch the game versus always having it on. I can't play without it anymore. Game looks dull and boring without it.

[...]

I hope dust2 gets a make over. It's so drab compared to cache/inferno/season/etc.

Thank you, I'll give em try tonight!

soultron

Banned
They just made dust2 in CS:GO grey and dull. Much prefer the yellow brown-ish colours of the 1.6 dust2.

OK, this is the level designer in me talking here, but IMO GO D2 is much better from a readability standpoint. Just look into CT in the A-site shot. It's still dark in GO even with the addition of the light under CT, but in 1.6 it was a nightmare.

I'm glad that many of the overhauls of classic maps are abandoning dark spots in favour of better lighting, and player-height walls have clear, readable textures now.

Ludono

France: Happy, ApEX, kennyS, kioShiMa, shox
Finland: SuNny, REFLEX, KHRN, natu, STOVVE
Sweden: pronax, schneider, twist, pauf, pyth
Poland: Neo, TaZ, byali, Minise, innocent

What's up with the lackluster Swedish lineup?

Ludono

gg, betting FR.

I was gonna go Sweden but then I was confused as to why their odds were so bad compared to France haha

Little did I know LDLC was basically representing France LOL

Whereas Sweden is a few Fnatic players and well, not bad players but not superstar level :p

Odah

Banned
im gonna throw abit on Poland....I think

Sweden's lineup is weak because Fnatic (except for pronax) are on VACation.

no seriously, they are on holidays :p

Top Bottom