• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Mokoi

Banned
Why hasn't this issue been solved yet?
I believe it can be solved easily by removing online games from the lounge. I certainly haven't researched it, but I can guarantee the games being on the lounge have increased the chance of DDoS happening so much more than just being on ebets or another real money site. The games could also be played out off-stream than have it put up to watch. You can say that players should take better steps to protect their ips, but they shouldn't even have to do that shit. Although the ways things are currently going players are going to have to take more steps to help prevent it. Really sucks that you got assholes out there ruining good games.

I believe it can be solved easily by removing online games from the lounge. I certainly haven't researched it, but I can guarantee the games being on the lounge have increased the chance of DDoS happening so much more than just being on ebets or another real money site. The games could also be played out off-stream than have it put up to watch. You can say that players should take better steps to protect their ips, but they shouldn't even have to do that shit. Although the ways things are currently going players are going to have to take more steps to help prevent it. Really sucks that you got assholes out there ruining good games.
Neither of those are gonna happen when betting is why these streams get views and money.

MayMay

Banned
Got invited into a low-ish Silver lobby, I'm so nice and kind that I joined because I deranked a bunch anyways - and a Nova shouldnt have that bad of an impact to MM. Nuke. T side. No one is talking, or doing anything whatsoever. Most silent match I've ever played.

The enemy team wiped the floor with us, 0-16.

God damnit.
Never gonna play Nuke again in my life.

MayMay

Banned
Patch

[MAPS]
- Train
-- Sadly fixed a hilarious bug where players could ride pigeons
-- Fixed some spots where a dropped bomb could get stuck
-- Fixed player collision on Bombsite A white boxes
-- Fixed one-way wallbang through shack near connector

[UI]
- Updated M4A1-S description
- Fixed extra large image of de_train in the lobby
- Minor fixes to gifting UI

[MISC]
- CZ75A now uses an alternate draw animation when no mags are available.
- Updating Ho Ho Ho sticker art.
- Improved memory usage on OSX and Linux.
- Blood on player models is now server-authoritative, disable with sv_server_verify_blood_on_player 0

And the bird boost is no more ;_;

Arucardo

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen...ator_of_the_original_griffinart_wrote_a_blog/
Is it fair to say the only reason Reddit is upset over this (regardless of whether it is actually plagiarised work or not) is because they're trying to profit off it?

Yes and no, if this gets swept under the rug it sets a really bad example that leads to a lot more similar tracing items appearing on the workshop and making it harder to find valid skins in the future.

I'm honestly surprised if Valve doesn't act on it.

EDIT: look at this: http://imgur.com/HsDJlXi

Rivitur

Banned
He should just have put two heads on the damn thing and called it a day.
Damm haven't played in about four days, and everything just feels wrong.
image.php

edit at this rate we will reach OT3 in less than 100 days!

MayMay

Banned
3585e02c91.jpg

Back when I first posted in CSGaf (in July) I didnt even have 100 hours..

700 hours = 29 days. So since July, i've pretty much wasted a whole month in this game.

Crazy.

Rivitur

Banned
Thank you for watching my stream everyone!

That's a new one! I generally get positive comments, but that's alright. Perhaps you can give me some tips on how to unbum myself? :)
I did in your chat and you didn't listen so no! You are still a bum.
Perhaps invest in a unbuttplugafier
Edit: after looking up the definition of bum I realized I was using it wrong and the word that I should have been using is friend : o

MayMay

Banned
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare free weekend.

I hereby suggest that we all put down CS for the weekend and play CoD instead.

lol

garath

Train is real good. What a great remake. Had a blast playing it a few times. Definitely more room for the terrorists to make plays now.

Arucardo

Guys, I bought Call of Duty Advanced Warfare at launch... I liked the campaign and I've played a total of 6 hours of multiplayer (csgo has kinda been occupying my competitive fps time and if I feel like playing something else it's usually BF4).

It's actually not bad, you can pull some pretty sick maneuvers with the exo skills, really puts your reflexes and aim to the test. Also, the hardcore modes are where it's at.

Haroon

Guys, I bought Call of Duty Advanced Warfare at launch... I liked the campaign and I've played a total of 6 hours of multiplayer (csgo has kinda been occupying my competitive fps time and if I feel like playing something else it's usually BF4).

It's actually not bad, you can pull some pretty sick maneuvers with the exo skills, really puts your reflexes and aim to the test. Also, the hardcore modes are where it's at.

I'm going to play the weekend man. Going to do some of these sick maneuvers that you be talkin' aboot.

MayMay

Banned
Yeah I bought it as well on release, and only played 5ish hours. I really like it - but CSGO and all... so I didnt play alot. Then the servers kinda died and no one played (CoD on PC in a nutshell).
But Ill definitely play this weekend - seeing as plenty of ppl should be playing.

MayMay

Banned
Believe it or not, but Advanced Warfare isnt so bad.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Also, I got a closed Beta invite for Triad Wars (Square Enix Sleeping Dogs f2p shitfest thingy) - so I'm downloading that right now. And while I download things I cant play CS (ping). ;_;

soultron

Banned
lol @ the Griffin DMCA takedown. What a shitty trace job. Skin honestly looks like clipart after the guy did his hack job. Hope the artist gets his dues.

haveheart

Banned
Believe it or not, but Advanced Warfare isnt so bad.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Also, I got a closed Beta invite for Triad Wars (Square Enix Sleeping Dogs f2p shitfest thingy) - so I'm downloading that right now. And while I download things I cant play CS (ping). ;_;

I need to diagree. COD:AW is really bad. Bought this pos full price and after 15h is deleted it. No balance at all. Maps suck (as always) and Exo Movement is Titanfall light.
Can't recommend at all.

Top Bottom