• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

RefigeKru

Banned
two question

- I got loads of crates but I don't want to open them, what do I do?

- anyone else having trouble accruing points for the missions? it's absolutely borked pour moi

two question

- anyone else having trouble accruing points for the missions? it's absolutely borked pour moi

You can sell crates on the steam market. Haven't done any missions in a couple of weeks so I can't really answer that question, worked fine for me last time though.

MayMay

Banned
two question

I think there's a bug with some deathmatch missions right now, at least there was a few days ago.

Ludono

I hope Kabum can raise the funds to go, can we get a GoFundMe going for them? I'd like to see the brazilian scene given a chance at ESL :D

CoolS

I hope Kabum can raise the funds to go, can we get a GoFundMe going for them? I'd like to see the brazilian scene given a chance at ESL :D

There was a topic on reddit yesterday about them trying to raise enough money to go. Don't know how much they actually need though.

Rivitur

Banned
2mrw games for the qualifier all look straightforward only possuble upsets I can see are :
Neophye>flipsid3 (neophyte are a good team keep an eye out for them in the future along with unleashed)
Bzsx>3dmax (love bz line up)
Puta>lgb (it has a shot just by the experience of the line up)
I don't expect anyone to upset tho. Well maybe one team but know knows which one that will be.
Fm's mix isn't the best so I don't expect any upset.

chessnut

flipsid3 are playing without s1mple, but idk bout that one.

going with publiclir and bzsk tomorrow, maybe esc as well. wish me luck!

impact

Banned
solo'd 3 games today, all with cheaters.
keep banning those match fixers valve

Man every single MM I've done for the past week has either had a cheater on my team, a cheater on the other team, or someone trying to lose/derank themselves.

I wish there was another FPS to play on any fucking platform. This game is dildos. Straight dildos.

udiie

Man every single MM I've done for the past week has either had a cheater on my team, a cheater on the other team, or someone trying to lose/derank themselves.

I wish there was another FPS to play on any fucking platform. This game is dildos. Straight dildos.

yup. there seriously needs to be hours played requirements for matchmaking, some better anti-cheat, or a reinvented ranking system. its getting to the point where its no longer fun anymore. its just about the money

impact

Banned
My friend said they should make it so you can't derank, which would fuck over scrubs that got boosted and the "road 2 silver lolol" griefing pieces of shit. I think it's a good idea.

Xizk

Yeah I have started to play Faceit instead of MM as it's much better than MM so far at least. What are you guys betting on today?

I'm betting medium 3DMAX > BZSX as they looked strong against Chosen and they should be able to beat a mixteam as long as they veto maps like d2. Also put a small on ESC > NAVI because of Starix potentially getting kicked which should affect their teamwork.

I put another small bet on publiclir as Orbit just changed their IGL so there is a strong upset potential. Finally I put a medium on ESC > Mouz as they are a strong Overpass team and Mouz maybe kicking Troubley soon.

impact

Banned
The NA situation seemed a lot more organized and scummy. Plus they were the first and an example needed to be made.

LOL is this a serious response? Imagine if the NFL just bans the next guy who knocks his wife out in an elevator for only 3 games. "Well Ray Rice was first so we had to be more harsh on him." A throw is a throw is a throw is a throw. Ban them all indefinitely or ban them all for a year. Playing favorites just makes Valve seem like an even bigger joke.

and I just signed up for faceit since MM is unplayable, I dunno how it works though. here is my profile how do I add friends

Valve never specified the duration of their bans though, it's indefinite.

fxy0 said a year

ironmang

LOL is this a serious response? Imagine if the NFL just bans the next guy who knocks his wife out in an elevator for only 3 games. "Well Ray Rice was first so we had to be more harsh on him." A throw is a throw is a throw is a throw. Ban them all indefinitely or ban them all for a year. Playing favorites just makes Valve seem like an even bigger joke.

and I just signed up for faceit since MM is unplayable, I dunno how it works though. here is my profile how do I add friends

fxy0 said a year

Epsilon aren't "the next guy" since they did this before the IBP bans. The situation with IBP was a lot more organized and they denied right up until they got banned. At least Epsilon started to come clean (with the help of a little snitching) before there was hard evidence against them.

Trust me, I think both should be lifetime but the IBP one was definitely worse. I don't see how Valve is playing favorites since they're NA based but whatever lol. Biggest joke is people trying to petition to shorten the bans of the players who showed zero respect for their fanbase. Even if they get unbanned after a year, I hope Valve doesn't say shit to them to get their hopes up until that year is up. And takes all their skins. And forces them to use defaults. :)

Ensirius

People are going into this very scammy looking site which supposedly lets you spin a wheel and get free cs go goodies...
The backslash for this could be of epic scale.

Ludono

They have two organizations supporting them tho and someone suggested they sell their skins.

Just looked up ticket prices and holy BALLS. It costs 2,000+ a person roundtrip from Brazil to Katowice, that's 12,000 just for airfare... Valve kicked in, what, 3,750 per team or something? Damnnnn.

Also, just found out my monitor can run at up to 100Hz....so I just switched it from 60 to 85...the difference is immediate O_O

Time to see if it improves my game ;D

The NA situation seemed a lot more organized and scummy. Plus they were the first and an example needed to be made.

swag said:
“Thirty minutes before game time Sam messaged us and brought up the odds he had seen on CS:GO Lounge,” Pierce says. “He was saying to us how much we could make if we threw the game. At first I thought it was a troll. NetcodeGuides was going well for him, he didn’t need the money. Then he kept bringing it up and saying that we should do it. We realized he was being serious.”

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/braxton-swag-pierce-counter-strike-match-fixing/

What about that screams "organized" to you?

ChrisW

So I've done it, I've managed to go from £30 to £113 in the space of 2 weeks!

I've managed to get myself a MW Fire Serpent AK47!

Next mile stone is to get FT Howl or a decent fade!

chessnut

I'm glad you picked the 1 person who is on one extreme and ignored the rest of them lol.

We only know one match that was fixed, the ncg one. I don't think that hyphen match with steel was a throw, that was just a match with ridiculous odds that was begging for a huge bet. There are a couple people that I know through a friend that 5x-10x underdogs if they think odds are worth it.

ironmang

Okay then, show me another example of the throw being organized.

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/match-fixing-counter-strike-ibuypower-netcode-guides/

Sure, swag and a couple players seem to have harsh bans but it's not like they're going to pay back the tens of thousands of people they screwed over, many of which being fans. Like I said, Epsilon at least somewhat came clean even if their hand was forced. Nobody on IBP stepped up until bans were handed out.

Ludono

I've managed to go from 30 to 113 in a day as well!
at my job

nahh, but seriously impressive trades man I don't have the stomach for it, too many scammers and dirt bags out there to have any fun doing it for me :p

garath

Wow! That's impressive! Great way to get a sick knife for minimal money. So much work though. I admire you for it.

ChrisW

I've managed to go from 30 to 113 in a day as well!
at my job

nahh, but seriously impressive trades man I don't have the stomach for it, too many scammers and dirt bags out there to have any fun doing it for me :p

Wow! That's impressive! Great way to get a sick knife for minimal money. So much work though. I admire you for it.

Yeah I've been a been on lounge more than playing the game tbh, but that cause I can't commit enough time to play MM games.

But it's been cool to see my trade history, I'll post a SS in a sec

A4oBRMh.png
G8COWSI.png
psq4WJn.png

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/match-fixing-counter-strike-ibuypower-netcode-guides/

Sure, swag and a couple players seem to have harsh bans but it's not like they're going to pay back the tens of thousands of people they screwed over, many of which being fans. Like I said, Epsilon at least somewhat came clean even if their hand was forced. Nobody on IBP stepped up until bans were handed out.

What? GMX only "stepped up" because he was quitting the game and was pissed about being released from Epsilon.

chessnut

cresto

Decided to make a few bets today. I will regret it, but the odds are too good. After yesterday's performance against nV, i think GPlay could have a good shot against a short handed fnatic and the ESC vs Navi odds are great for ESC. Navi is reeling and ESC is moving to a new org and want to impress.

Someone talk me out of it if you think i'm nutty.

Decided to make a few bets today. I will regret it, but the odds are too good. After yesterday's performance against nV, i think GPlay could have a good shot against a short handed fnatic and the ESC vs Navi odds are great for ESC. Navi is reeling and ESC is moving to a new org and want to impress.

Like a crackhead needing his fix.

chessnut

Good bets. I went with chw over fnatic and Betty on gplay depending on how the odds change. Krimz isn't paying

cresto

For the record, I have no skins over $5 and I am using two dreamhack winter stickers. I think my total betting value is at $3.

I think I'd have better luck just buying a mid-tier skin and betting with it versus trying to open cases

ironmang

What? GMX only "stepped up" because he was quitting the game and was pissed about being released from Epsilon.

Nobody was even talking about Epsilon throwing until he brought it up. Wasn't some outsider leaking info. fxy0 admitted and apologized pretty quickly too. Went a lot smoother than IBP lol.

Don't see why everybody is so eager to have a few players getting a shorter ban. Game is growing everyday and they'll be replaced soon enough.

If Valve did anything wrong it's not handing out more "indefinite bans" to the Epsilon players too, not avoiding putting a ban expiration date for the IBP guys.

Ludono

For the record, I have no skins over $5 and I am using two dreamhack winter stickers. I think my total betting value is at $3.

I think I'd have better luck just buying a mid-tier skin and betting with it versus trying to open cases

Thats how I turned two AK redlines into two Vulcans ;D

Just played a game in mirage ct side and 3 guys on my team rushed every round, 2 them had like 0-8, one of them tried a 1 vs 5 with no armour and kit. I disconnected shortly after :(

Top Bottom