• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

cresto

What kind of mechanical keyboards do you guys use? I am looking for a decent one around $100 w/ a rist rest that isn't super "clicky" I have a razer blackwidow, but I dont like the macro keys on the left (throws me off all the time) and its way too loud to the point that it annoys my girl. I know most mechanical keyboards are noisy, but I head the mx cherry browns are are bad. Any thoughts?

soultron

Banned
I fucking hate when teammates yell in your fucking ear when you're posted, watching a spot, and you need to listen. Fuck. So many times I've been startled by somebody YELLING for me to turn around, and if I could just hear the footsteps normally, I would probably be able to land the snap shot.

Omega

Banned
I fucking hate when teammates yell in your fucking ear when you're posted, watching a spot, and you need to listen. Fuck. So many times I've been startled by somebody YELLING for me to turn around, and if I could just hear the footsteps normally, I would probably be able to land the snap shot.

Sometimes I just mute my entire team.

I'm not missing much outside of bad callouts anyway since no one ever listens in this game. People don't even listen to their own callouts, why would they listen to mine?

ChrisW

Is there no option in game to turn down mic chatter so that you can still hear the call outs but just not have shouting in your ear?

soultron

Banned
Sometimes I just mute my entire team.

I'm not missing much outside of bad callouts anyway since no one ever listens in this game. People don't even listen to their own callouts, why would they listen to mine?

Problem is the teammate in question is a guy I work with, and we're playing together in the AHGL thing.

I'm going to talk to him. He's better than I am, but I don't give a fuck. EDIT: Spoke with him, he seems cool about it.

Why can't he be like Atsuo and tell me what I did wrong after the round, even if we win. And during the round, just do regular callouts without freaking the fuck out. I appreciate that, Atsuo.

cHinzo

Welp, I could enioy being a badge for 3 games lol. Of course I'm slumping after a promotion. Can't hit shit and had two games struggling to get 10+ frags... >.>

Ludono

So guys... thoughts?

ESEC Overall
France
Sweden
Finland
Poland

Want to go big on France but is it a safe enough bet....? D:

Poland vs Finland

Feel like Finland could have a chance here, might put a small bet on them?

France vs Sweden

France has the all star lineup but Sweden's players aren't shabby... could be a massive upset....Bet Sweden?

Hard choices ahead :(

Omega

Banned
these ESEC matches come down to pure skill. There's not really strats since they're not a real team, just people from the same country so they play more like PUGs.

Where can we even see the rosters? they weren't up on HLTV when I checked

Rivitur

Banned
So guys... thoughts?

ESEC Overall
France
Sweden
Finland
Poland

Want to go big on France but is it a safe enough bet....? D:

Poland vs Finland

Feel like Finland could have a chance here, might put a small bet on them?

France vs Sweden

France has the all star lineup but Sweden's players aren't shabby... could be a massive upset....Bet Sweden?

Hard choices ahead :(
France should be heavily favored for good reason. Bet small on sweden. Pauf is a beast and Poland should mop the floor with Finland pretty easily.

NeoFaff

What kind of mechanical keyboards do you guys use? I am looking for a decent one around $100 w/ a rist rest that isn't super "clicky" I have a razer blackwidow, but I dont like the macro keys on the left (throws me off all the time) and its way too loud to the point that it annoys my girl. I know most mechanical keyboards are noisy, but I head the mx cherry browns are are bad. Any thoughts?

You can buy a tester with 8 different Cherry switches off ebay to find out the ones you like most and go from there. I bought my tester from Maxkeyboard - 8 switch; 4 switch. Keyboards without lighting are cheaper.

I have a qpad MK80 which is a Xarmor rebrand. No macro keys and comes with a wristrest.

I sort of like browns :p

Lourio

I'm currently using a Saitek Eclipse as my keyboard. I'm looking into purchasing the Corsair Vengeance K70 - hoping to catch it on special one day.

soultron

Banned
Round 3, some guy asks another - why would you buy a Bizon? About 10 seconds later, the Bizon guy kills 4 in about 3 seconds.

Because they don't have armour and might be doing a stack and/or rush? Easier than the entire team buying nades and killing maybe 2-3 people.

Thinking about buying a Kingston HyperX Cloud headset over the Xmas holidays to replace my crappy SteelSeries Siberia V2. Anyone own the Cloud? Thoughts?

Because they don't have armour and might be doing a stack and/or rush? Easier than the entire team buying nades and killing maybe 2-3 people.

Thinking about buying a Kingston HyperX Cloud headset over the Xmas holidays to replace my crappy SteelSeries Siberia V2. Anyone own the Cloud? Thoughts?

But an actual pair of headphones and then a standalone mic. Don't waste your money on gamer headsets.

One of the few good headsets there are.

I'd personally never buy headsets. Rather buy a quality pair of headphones and get a cheap desktop of clip-on mic.

soultron

Banned
But an actual pair of headphones and then a standalone mic. Don't waste your money on gamer headsets.

One of the few good headsets there are.

I'd personally never buy headsets. Rather buy a quality pair of headphones and get a cheap desktop of clip-on mic.

I want people to hear me breathing into the mic though. That's what you're supposed to do, right?

The real reason I want a headset is that my desk in my apartment is small as hell, I don't have space for a desk mic, really. I also don't really like clip-on mics either. :( I think you're absolutely right, but I just like boom mics on headsets right now since space is at a premium for me.

Why you hatin' on my Siberia's bruh?

Not satisfied with the build quality. The headstrap is busted (volume warning on that video) on mine and I'm starting to find it uncomfortable. I wear Audio-Technica ATHM50s at work and find those to be much more comfortable, by comparison.

garath

So what's the deal with the Griffin now? I opened a case (yeah I'm a sucker) and ended up with a battle scarred M4 Griffin. It's worth less than a key currently about 2.30 (double sucker). Going back up or just sell to cut my losses?

cHinzo

The Siberias are a godsent for people who wear glasses. They don't press as hard on the side of the head as other headsets and are really comfortable. Can wear those for hours.

Ac30

Anyone have any mice recommendations? I've got a Sidewinder X3 but I've just realized (after 2 years lol) that I mostly flick with the wrist and it doesn't work well with a large mouse -- is there a 'medium sized' one that's well liked here on gaf?

Also Garath some guy on Reddit's been looking for more skins the author may have traced and he found a bunch here: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2p3qqr/darksilver_in_a_nutshell/
He's obviously trying to get Valve to notice for his own gain but hey, guess it's worth holding onto yours if this pulls through? Valve'll probably change the design at the very least, if he's guilty.

cresto

You can buy a tester with 8 different Cherry switches off ebay to find out the ones you like most and go from there. I bought my tester from Maxkeyboard - 8 switch; 4 switch. Keyboards without lighting are cheaper.

I have a qpad MK80 which is a Xarmor rebrand. No macro keys and comes with a wristrest.

I sort of like browns :p

The browns seem perfect for the balance. I dont care about back light or macro's. I just need a simple mechanical keyboard that is sturdy and not noisy with a rist band. I dont think I can get the qpad in the states, but correct me if I am wrong.

Did you not know about this?

I bought these during the first major when they had a sale for $70. They're ok. I can't hear shit outside the game when I have them on and some of the additional attachments don't seem to work (the volume control didn't work on my laptop but I need to check with my new PC so I can get back to you).

Round 3, some guy asks another - why would you buy a Bizon? About 10 seconds later, the Bizon guy kills 4 in about 3 seconds.

One day I'm gonna put together my Bizon montage. If the eco team groups up gg. Worst case, you die and the other team has a pea shooter, unless apparently atsuo is on the other team.

I want people to hear me breathing into the mic though. That's what you're supposed to do, right?

The real reason I want a headset is that my desk in my apartment is small as hell, I don't have space for a desk mic, really. I also don't really like clip-on mics either. :( I think you're absolutely right, but I just like boom mics on headsets right now since space is at a premium for me.

That sucks.

Love my

Yeti.jpg

+
sennheiser-hd-650.jpg

combo

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Only queue with friends, my friend

I played 4 matches on mirage yesterday solo queueing and it was... interesting. the first two matches weren't worth mentioning, we lost by a good amount. But the last two we were neck and neck with the opposite team. The game where we went 16-14 were filled with hotheads who get angry over the most inane shit, thankfully they got a long most of the game.

I don't get what it is about random queuing where people feel the need to fight with their team mates.

udiie

i used to use a set up of headphones and the yeti for a microphone, but the desk space being asked of me was too much.
i switched over to the steelseries 9h
build quality feels a lot better than most headsets, lots of metal instead of plastic, as well as a really solid set of cabling, which is fully replaceable. plus, they are quite possibly the comfiest set of headphones ive ever owned.
only things that concern me are the retractability of the microphone (which i fear will break after long term use, not that it is of poor quality), and the cables are proprietary, meaning ill have to talk to steelseries if i want to get a new set.

soultron

Banned
I bought these during the first major when they had a sale for $70. They're ok. I can't hear shit outside the game when I have them on and some of the additional attachments don't seem to work (the volume control didn't work on my laptop but I need to check with my new PC so I can get back to you).

Bolded sounds amazing!

I'm sure the volume control will work OK on mine since the inline control on my Siberia V2 works fine with my soundcard when I connect my headset directly to it, from the back of my case.

Thanks for the impressions.

Haroon

that you playing against pasha right now?

Haha, yeah. I am not used to these headphones yet though. And I cut my finger while cutting up the box that they came from. So... lots of excuses to why I lost. But the real reason why is because I am not better than people who play this game for a living.

cresto

Bolded sounds amazing!

I'm sure the volume control will work OK on mine since the inline control on my Siberia V2 works fine with my soundcard when I connect my headset directly to it, from the back of my case.

Thanks for the impressions.

For the price, I think they work just fine. The included attachments are great and add a lot of value. I ended up swapping out the leather ear cushions for the other material because it made my ears hot. Having a detachable mic is nice too incase you want to use it elsewhere.

Hope you like them!

Omega

Banned
Haha, yeah. I am not used to these headphones yet though. And I cut my finger while cutting up the box that they came from. So... lots of excuses to why I lost. But the real reason why is because I am not better than people who play this game for a living.

you should play Dragon Age today. I enjoy watching you question all of BioWare's shitty writing

my siberias aren't great in terms of build quality, mic, and audio, but they are light, cheap, and sort of comfy

I find most headsets aren't great to wear for long periods of time so I just put up with these

Top Bottom