• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Clydefrog

since you guys did it, here's where my magic happens

Nzv4zgK.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not sure I like the new train. It screws with my map memory. :(

Mokoi

Banned

Uriah

Played my first competitive match in months. Got my old rank back (Gold Nova Master). Still feel like I should be ranked lower though.

soultron

Banned
Any of you guys like my first sticker:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=354713383

Most of the time was spent just trying to figure out how to make and upload them. Now that I know what to do I will make some better designs.

I laughed. I thumbs up'd it on both my accounts.

Bolded: Totally this. I'm working with 3D-Coat V4 (free 30-day demo on Steam, $110 CAD for full license) doing weapon skins right now and figuring out a workflow between it, Photoshop, and the CS Workbench is interesting. Once that learning process is outta the way, should be smooth sailing.

---

I played the new Train today and it seems pretty, pretty, prettttty good, just from some play in Casual. I would take HL3 right now, on Source, if it looked like that.

Hello new OT! CSGO has come so far from when it first came out, I remember when it was getting beat by both 1.6 and Source and everyone considered it a cheap console port. Now it is huge and a lot of that has to do with Valve making smart updates. I personally love the Operations system as it gives me an entry point every few months to get some games in and then go dormant for awhile, as I find with a game as good as GO is I will end up only playing it and never having time to play any new games like single player games etc.

I had a lot of fun in the steam chat for CS gaf during dreamhack, I'll definitely be in there again for the next big tournament.

And since everyone is posting their CS setups I figure I'll post mine, it may not be what you expect!

Played train last night, definitely a lot more balanced and a lot more aesthetically appealing. It's great to have another viable map in the map pool.

Did you guys follow the news of the auction and gems Valve launched last night? There was a duplicate exploit and Valve had to shut it down for the time being. These metagames are really getting out of control.

The cards-turning-into-gems made me wonder though, would CS:GO profit from turning guns into scrap and making new guns with them? There's already a trade-up contract but this would be another good way of getting rid of crappy cheap skins.

ChrisW

Jumped onto casual on train and totally rekt everyone, ended up going 16-4, don't even know the map that well.

I liked it though seemed easier to navigate than I inagined it would be, could be a good chance for me to rank up tbh as a lot of people playing it won't know good spots yet.

Spookie

Jumped onto casual on train and totally rekt everyone, ended up going 16-4, don't even know the map that well.

I literally went the opposite way last night, I went full tilt. I even jumped on Dota 2 to try to recover my night and got stomped there too.

Feels bad. Went to bed crushed. :(

Haroon

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=948118.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atsuo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Batman-Origins.jpg

Batman: Arkham Origins -- MB-CA410CF8F1D4DFD1 - Taken by haveheart. 11 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition -- MB-7914970BA6174C32 - Taken by Odah. 3 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition -- MB-F87B0C5B1A1E3C36 - Taken by cHinzo. 2 entrants total.

t1418469105z1.png

Not to downplay Atsuo's awesome giveaway but if you don't win the game you want Bundlestars has all the Batman GOTY's for 10 dollars

Haroon

Not to downplay Atsuo's awesome giveaway but if you don't win the game you want Bundlestars has all the Batman GOTY's for 10 dollars
image.php

Haha, that's exactly where I bought it from. I already have the games so, I figured that I just give them away since it's such a good deal, and they are great games. Perhaps it would be wise of me to post a link to a bundle, or something during my next giveaway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm still not sure I like this new train.

Haven't tried the CZ post-nerf yet, guess I should do that.

Lourio

So I'm playing a competitive game on Overpass last night to complete a mission.

The whole match, my teammates are spamming in mic 'ni**a this, ni**a that, get on my level - all kinds of verbal diarrhea. I'm playing fair, ignoring this non-sense and still calling out where I'm going, top fragging and calling out enemies when I die. Keep in mind I'm top fraggin the whole match from the get-go. Get to round 22/23, we're tied 11-11 I believe and they vote kick me - for what, I still have no idea... So infuriating because now I have to requeue and win all those rounds again.

The sheer stupidity and non-sense of MM is just ridiculous - I don't get it. Don't you queue up MM to win games?! Fuck man.

I ended up queuing again, won my 16 competitive round, got my gold level Vanguard coin.

/end rant.

The sheer stupidity and non-sense of MM is just ridiculous - I don't get it. Don't you queue up MM to win games?! Fuck man.

They should consider changing the rule to block kicking from the 11-12th round instead of 14th. It could mean more people starting behaving like dicks in the last few crucial rounds but it would stop this incredibly mean trend of kicking players right at the very end of a game. I've seen it happen in quite a few games, and I don't even play comp all that much.

Also, how come there are no games to bet on today. Am I just supposed to stare at my skins in the return queue or something?

soultron

Banned

I ended up queuing again, won my 16 competitive round, got my gold level Vanguard coin.

/end rant.

Yeah, I hate that shit too. It's the downside to solo queuing, and it's a pure gamble. Sometimes you get matched up with nice people, other times you get matched up with vile, unsporting turds.

Yeah, I hate that shit too. It's the downside to solo queuing, and it's a pure gamble. Sometimes you get matched up with nice people, other times you get matched up with vile, unsporting turds.

At that point I just
6a00d83451c83e69e2017d3cdfb82b970c-320wi

Don't lower yourself to their level and if you get kicked, well, then you got kicked who cares. I know it's frustrating but what you gonna do.

I'm part of the problem. More than 40% of the time I solo queued this year I was watching a television show or movie. I'm a nice duder though in-game despite the ingame moniker of 'trollmeister'

Top Bottom