• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

MoonGred

What determines which skins get used from the workshop and how often does it get updated? There's this "hype" collection at the moment that looks insane, but I guess it may never make it in game.

What determines which skins get used from the workshop and how often does it get updated? There's this "hype" collection at the moment that looks insane, but I guess it may never make it in game.

It's supposedly based on popularity. So the more votes it gets, the higher chance of it getting added in the future.

udiie

Valve does don't be fooled by this democracy bs.

yeah fuck these weirdo liberals
bring on the huntin' operayshun yeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwww
cranepg(1).jpg

ok ill stop now

MoonGred

Yea that would be about right, give the people a sense of democracy but in the end just say fuck it.
Do content creators get a cut from sales? If so where does it come from, would that be from sales in the marketplace?

Edit: that reminds me, what's the deal with these operations, are they a yearly thing?

Xizk

The NA faceit matches just got put up. Only 30min before CLG/Elevate closes so get your bets in fast if you want to bet on it.

udiie

The NA faceit matches just got put up. Only 30min before CLG/Elevate closes so get your bets in fast if you want to bet on it.

what do you think? desi is a good addition but new additions can always mess with teams
then again d2 pug map rip bets

Haroon

Man, fuck everything. I am working on the day Bloodborn released, and I missed the fucking delivery for it as well since I am not home. This is just fucking awesome.

udiie

Man, fuck everything. I am working on the day Bloodborn released, and I missed the fucking delivery for it as well since I am not home. This is just fucking awesome.

even though i was saying i didnt really care for it when i tried it, i think i might borrow my brothers ps4 so i can play this eventually. im kinda feelin the hype

Rivitur

Banned
Don't be fooled the mail man stole it.
yeah fuck these weirdo liberals
bring on the huntin' operayshun yeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwww

ok ill stop now
Looks like a normal weekend down here in the country of Texas.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It's supposedly based on popularity. So the more votes it gets, the higher chance of it getting added in the future.

Valve also adds less popular skins that they like, cause that's how they roll-oll.

MayMay

Banned
I'm sitting here contemplating to go buy a PS4 tomorrow for Bloodborne. Not being able to play it because I don't own the system HURTS. I'm a giant Souls fan - they're probably my most played SP games (mostly on PS3, not really on PC) so.. I need Bloodborne D:

Hell, my Gaf avatars always depict at least one Dark Souls character lol

Also everyone please pray for the eLevate win.

MayMay

Banned
Moral support is also a way to help out the team, I'll have you know!

That day was a bad day.

Edit: DAMN eLevate earn me the moneyz!

MoonGred

Yes. That is why I have flooded the workshop on different accounts with shit skins hoping one gets in.

lol, but it's okay the rest will just carry harder.

Haha fair bit enough, how big is the cut? I've got a feeling it will be trivial compared to what valve gets

udiie

Haha fair bit enough, how big is the cut? I've got a feeling it will be trivial compared to what valve gets

http://fragbite.se/cs/news/36127/asiimov-skaparen-steam-workshop-has-genuinely-changed-my-life
I have for many many years wanted to create my own small videogame and had been saving as much as I could from my daily job to build up a buffer that would give me the opportunity to start my dream project. The money that I have made from the steam workshop will go toward funding my first videogame creation venture, it would have taken me a lot longer to get to a position where I was able to consider a project like this, so I can say with all honesty the steam workshop has genuinely changed my life and I am so grateful to Valve for giving outside artists an opportunity to contribute towards their games, to me it feels like the next step in videogame evolution and I am very proud to be part of it!
no exact value, but yenno

soultron

Banned
I've heard from friends and people I know who have content in that the cuts are quite nice. I work with a guy who made a very popular map and he just got his first cheque from valve, and it was quite substantial. If you could tune your quality level relative to the time required, and of course guarantee you get submissions selected consistently, you could turn it into a full time job. One guy I know is in contact with several self-made millionaires who made/make TF2 and/or DOTA2 UGC.

There's a higher skill requirement to making that content since you need to know how to model and texture at a high quality, but several AAA artists have been able to quit their jobs, work from home, and even roll Twitch streaming (as they make their content) in as a side income to their UGC sales cuts they get from Valve. You have to assume the profit potential on CS is much lower because it's not F2P, but with the numbers exploding and Valve admitting themselves that they constantly re-examine whether or not to convert CSGO to F2P, you'd best get in now if you want to make real money.

People like Corridium Studios (Asiimov series) might not ever have a submission chosen again - even now that he's collaborating with artists better than himself - because the quality bar has risen so high since the skin economy blew up after he and a bunch of other early investors got paid. Still, he gets paid every time someone opens a case containing a collection that drops one of his skins, and his skins are still desirable, so he's still making money today. He'll continue to make money from his submissions until people stop opening and getting his skins from those select cases, so he's set for a while.

None of this is absolute truth though. Some of it is pure speculation, other bits are second hand knowledge from people I work with or chat with in UGC communities.

I've taken a bit of a break since I'm busy with other side projects, but when I get back in, I'm planning on doing the shotgun approach. One pattern that tiles nicely, applied to every single gun. The guy who made the P250 Supernova does this, and he has more skins in the game that any other creator! This means he's probably earning the most money! I wish I remembered his username, but I can assure you he literally has hundreds, if not thousands of CSGO submissions. He puts out quality and quantity tuned to a very profitable opportunity cost, in my opinion. Stuff like the Hypebeast guns probably won't get chosen, so why put in 20+ hours on one gun when you can put in 1 hour on a pattern to apply to every gun in the game, release the set, and then have 2 to 3 in that set be selected? Hopefully you understand where I'm going with this argument.

Just had someone cheating in DM. He was constantly putting up 90-12 numbers. At first I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but after a few rounds and some questionable deaths, I decided to spectate him. Sure enough, aiming though walls and the usual.

Seriously cheating in DM, just lol.

Sajjaja

I need to bet with my instinct more often....Idk how much shit i've lost by overthinking my bets. I knew I should've bet TSM when they vsed fnatic..

Sajjaja

welp I hope it was not a large one. SKDC has the fraggers which are good on d2 but they have been losing left and right. I have 2 bux on them.

ive got 98 cents. Didn't place any of my 5-6 $1+ items on there. Those are only for when my heart swoons.
It never swoons :(

chessnut

MayMay

Banned
I should prepare myself for a ZBrush exam and yet I'm sitting here playing Counter-Strike. Aahhh.

Also gotta write a 5000-10000 words paper until Tuesday so I'll be busy in the next couple of days. Highly doubt I'll find much time to play CS :(
Should've written the whole thing beforehand but no fuck logic lets wait until the last week

i've put in ~300 of my own money

btw i'm selling most skins in my inventory for 65% of the market price if anyone's interested

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027225740/inventory/
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990561178/inventory/

I don't really see people selling virtual items in the b/s/t thread, otherwise i'd post it there :x

Nice inventories.. like.. holy shit. Factory New Dragon Lore. Wow.

Top Bottom