• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Ludono

Swees all the way, baby.

Atsuo has spoken!

PJjb.jpg

Why did you do this to me? :(
Was going to buy a mousepad eventually. I heard this one is extremely good. Premium pad for a premium mouse.

Estimated shipping 22-26. Hope my mouse bungee arrive around the same time or sooner, then my CS set up is completely upgraded.

Haroon

Was going to buy a mousepad eventually. I heard this one is extremely good. Premium pad for a premium mouse.

Estimated shipping 22-26. Hope my mouse bungee arrive around the same time or sooner, then my CS set up is completely upgraded.

I bought this because of you.
What is wrong with me :(

Omega

Banned
Size : 12.4 x 9.6 x 0.16 inch

that shit is way too small. I had to get the QCK+ and it takes up like half my desk. i love it

shroud is unreal. i hate watching him play.

im pretty sure he even has recoil control on an m249

He makes everything look so easy. In gross news that you all don't want to hear about my kidney stone necklace is done. I'm calling one scout and the other deagle cause they are the worst guns in the game.

Sajjaja

He makes everything look so easy. In gross news that you all don't want to hear about my kidney stone necklace is done. I'm calling one scout and the other deagle cause they are the worst guns in the game.

where's animlboogy. he is knowledgeable in this subject matter.

It'll be a week for me maybe. I heard great things about this mousepad. I always do research before buying something. Since it's a cloth, you should cover up the mousepad after you finish using it. It might attract dust.

garath

"We know ShahZam has had an interesting and sometimes even questionable series of interactions within the community in the past."

What does this mean? Was he accused of making incendiary comments before? Hacking?

EDIT: Question for you guys. What's the best way to practise privately as a team of 5? Renting a server and kicking all of the bots on the other team?

I'm trying to get some better/smarter practise in with my AHGL team since we really fell apart tonight. If we knew our positioning better, who would play X better, and so on, I think we might've won more rounds at least.

We can't Comp MM effectively since some of our guys are really high ranks, whereas I'm a GN3 and some guys I play with are unranked still. :(

Back in the day (I feel so old when I say stuff like this), I would rent a 12-man team server for practice and matches (extra 2 slots for observers). You should be able to set it to disallow bots and then you can work as a team on grenades, positioning, rushes, etc all in a closed environment.

Just a quick google search and I found gameservers.com. $10/mo for a 12 man private CS:GO server ($12/mo for 128 tick). That's an amazing price compared to how much it used to be (I remember paying anywhere from 40-80 a month depending on the quality).

https://www.gameservers.com/game_servers/counter_strike_global_offensive.php

CoolS

EDIT: Question for you guys. What's the best way to practise privately as a team of 5? Renting a server and kicking all of the bots on the other team?

I'm trying to get some better/smarter practise in with my AHGL team since we really fell apart tonight. If we knew our positioning better, who would play X better, and so on, I think we might've won more rounds at least.

Back in the day (I feel so old when I say stuff like this), I would rent a 12-man team server for practice and matches (extra 2 slots for observers). You should be able to set it to disallow bots and then you can work as a team on grenades, positioning, rushes, etc all in a closed environment.

Just a quick google search and I found gameservers.com. $10/mo for a 12 man private CS:GO server ($12/mo for 128 tick). That's an amazing price compared to how much it used to be (I remember paying anywhere from 40-80 a month depending on the quality).

You can also just open a Private game with everyone in the lobby. The person inviting will "host" the game then. Ping is quite high for the other players most of the time (~100-120ish) but for positioning, grenades and stuff its more than enough, and you don't have to buy a server. You can also do all the console commands you use for practice. Only downside is that only the player hosting can see stuff like the grenade trajectory.

garath

Holy crap shroud is so good. Watching his stream is humbling. I can't decide if it's inspiring or discouraging watching him play lol.

I've been working on my spray control a lot lately but it isn't even in the same league as his. That's why he's a pro :p

soultron

Banned

You can also just open a Private game with everyone in the lobby. The person inviting will "host" the game then. Ping is quite high for the other players most of the time (~100-120ish) but for positioning, grenades and stuff its more than enough, and you don't have to buy a server. You can also do all the console commands you use for practice. Only downside is that only the player hosting can see stuff like the grenade trajectory.

when making strats/gameplan you shouldn't worry about killing anything. Just load up a casual match, set the timer to 60 minutes and kick bots. Tell each other what angles you're gonna hold, who is gonna smoke where and when should the second guy throw his smoke so that you both don't waste your smoke at the same spot and same time.

Thanks for these suggestions, guys. I think I'll rent a server. It's super cheap and it will be the best way to practise. We might do 5 on one team and 3 on the other, stuff like that. Being able to show grenade trajectory for all players will be important for practicing, I think.

I will also take lastflower's offer for a scrim soon. ;)

CoolS

Thanks for these suggestions, guys. I think I'll rent a server. It's super cheap and it will be the best way to practise. We might do 5 on one team and 3 on the other, stuff like that. Being able to show grenade trajectory for all players will be important for practicing, I think.

I'm not sure this will work on a dedicated server either. Anyone know more about that?

Edit: Quick google search says it doesn't work at all.

NIN90

NA scene could really use a switcharoo like the French one earlier this year. Hope this is a start.

I'm not sure this will work on a dedicated server either. Anyone know more about that?

Edit: Quick google search says it doesn't work at all.

...erm not sure if I'm misunderstanding but sv_grenadetrajectory 1 totally works via rcon when sv_cheats is set to 1.

ChrisW

Does anyone know any good aim maps, that have bots that run around in them? I need to practice shooting moving targets, it's all well and good shooting a target thats still, but when in game I struggle to hit moving people

You can always use the CEVO client to do PUGs/scrims together. I'd recommend that as well once you've worked out the initial nades.

Ludono

Good thing I bet on Poland in their Sweden game :3

Rip Ludono's skins

:(((((((((((((

Anyway I wanted to play and didn't have time for competitive so I jumped into casual for the first time in ages...
*throws up in mouth a little bit*
I forgot what a cancer every other mode in CS:GO is, just made me angry O_O

Omega

Banned
the worst thing about this MLG event is now we have to use their shitty ass website to watch these matches

why cant they just use hitbox or twitch like normal people

Haroon

:(((((((((((((

Anyway I wanted to play and didn't have time for competitive so I jumped into casual for the first time in ages...
*throws up in mouth a little bit*
I forgot what a cancer every other mode in CS:GO is, just made me angry O_O

Casul MM is the best. Stop the hate.

Rivitur

Banned
the worst thing about this MLG event is now we have to use their shitty ass website to watch these matches

why cant they just use hitbox or twitch like normal people
Wait seriously!? Aww hell I'll just wait for the ESPN 20sec recap in January...
Poland just got 11 rounds on T side of cobblestone. I wouldn't count anything out after watching that...
V.P 2.0 vs Titan 2.0 you're right there is no telling what might happen.. hype!

Ludono

Casul MM is the best. Stop the hate.

People spewing verbal vomit into mics, playing as if its DM running around willy nilly, everyone trying to awp and getting killed by MAC 10s because they cant hit anything.... it's just sad. :/

ALSO

Note: Starting in the next few days, items purchased for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive either in-game or on the Steam Community Market will not be tradable or marketable for one week after purchase. We are making this change to combat fraud and scams, and to help matain a safe and healthy item economy within Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

Top Bottom