• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

soultron

Banned
the worst thing about this MLG event is now we have to use their shitty ass website to watch these matches

why cant they just use hitbox or twitch like normal people

MLG knows there's money in CS streaming now and they definitely want a piece of it. Don't expect to see their stuff broadcast (live) anywhere else, I'd say. :(

garath

People spewing verbal vomit into mics, playing as if its DM running around willy nilly, everyone trying to awp and getting killed by MAC 10s because they cant hit anything.... it's just sad. :/

ALSO

Unfortunately I play majority casual due to time constraints. Just turn off the voice comms. It's a much better experience for it. And assume three AWPs around every corner lol

Uriah

Unfortunately I play majority casual due to time constraints. Just turn off the voice comms. It's a much better experience for it. And assume three AWPs around every corner lol

The AWP issue is why I don't play casual. They should just remove it from the mode.

Then everyone will buy autosnipers instead.

Omega

Banned
MLG knows there's money in CS streaming now and they definitely want a piece of it. Don't expect to see their stuff broadcast (live) anywhere else, I'd say. :(

eh they'll abandon ship soon anyway.

All I know is when they tried to pick up fighting games it was a mess. Audio barely even worked half of the time during one of their fighting game news shows.

hopefully they get someone older than 12 to handle the broadcasting this time.

Ludono

The AWP issue is why I don't play casual. They should just remove it from the mode.

Then everyone will buy autosnipers instead.

Or limit the amount of certain guns purchased per side or something, like 2-3 AWP/Autos per side or something. I don't know, but it's ridiculous as is.

badcdeb7c4.png

Hey guys! Been lurking for a while but I decided to finally post here.

Figured I'd open some cases today and got this:

Best thing I've gotten so far. Think I might keep it, cause it feels like I won't get that lucky again. Not for a while.

Lourio

When I do play Casual MM, I play here. 216.52.143.77:27015
128 tick, FF on, no AWP/Auto.

Haroon

I don't get it.

It is you in form a post made by a person that is not you. The you right now is the one before that existed before you. Therefore, you do not understand it, but you will understand it once you understand that the you before was changed from the one you know now.

cresto

My headphones arrived today too!

Poor Nitro performing well, but still ends up getting dropped. Also if you check the cevo roster he joined IBP, so yeah it's confirmed. lol

Edit: Man I really didn't expect these changes.
https://twitter.com/C9Hiko/status/544606520571625474

Wait, nitro got bumped out? Really bull shit moves iBP has made lately. So disappointed in how unprofessional that team is. The Hiko thing does surprise me, but I also don't like his move. I think if anyone should have been let go from C9 sgares or semphis way before Hiko. Although from the looks of it, Hiko made the decision on his own thinking it will improve his chances of winning. Sad

udiie

Hey guys! Been lurking for a while but I decided to finally post here.
Figured I'd open some cases today and got this:
Best thing I've gotten so far. Think I might keep it, cause it feels like I won't get that lucky again. Not for a while.

very nice.
considering picking one back up after i got rid of mine to grab a game.

chessnut

Wait, nitro got bumped out? Really bull shit moves iBP has made lately. So disappointed in how unprofessional that team is. The Hiko thing does surprise me, but I also don't like his move. I think if anyone should have been let go from C9 sgares or semphis way before Hiko. Although from the looks of it, Hiko made the decision on his own thinking it will improve his chances of winning. Sad

Hiko chose to leave, c9 didn't kick him. And from ibp's perspective, you have the opportunity to pick up the best player in NA, how can you say no? Yeah nitro had a great eaea tournament but all that means is that he played well for 2 days. IBP wanna win now, not help nitro develop and hope he works out

cresto

Hiko chose to leave, c9 didn't kick him. And from ibp's perspective, you have the opportunity to pick up the best player in NA, how can you say no? Yeah nitro had a great eaea tournament but all that means is that he played well for 2 days. IBP wanna win now, not help nitro develop and hope he works out

It's mixed. I think Hiko wanted to be on a better team and C9 needed a solid awper.

I don't like the instability of NA teams is what I am getting at. Nitro did have a good ESEA and yea, it was two days, but how can you sit there and say he wasn't a player to invest in? It looks really tacky that they just bring on players and drop them after one event because a supposed better player left his team. Obviously there is plenty to infer and we don't have all the answers (such as if nitro didn't fit in well with the team chemistry), but I would rather these NA teams continue to improve and get more diverse than just iBP and c9.

I don't play casual but what's the problem with using AWPs in it? People need to practice it somewhere. I always give away my AWP if I pick one up because I'm not confident with it, but there are many times where it would likely have helped me to use one.

chessnut

It's mixed. I think Hiko wanted to be on a better team and C9 needed a solid awper.

I don't like the instability of NA teams is what I am getting at. Nitro did have a good ESEA and yea, it was two days, but how can you sit there and say he wasn't a player to invest in? It looks really tacky that they just bring on players and drop them after one event because a supposed better player left his team. Obviously there is plenty to infer and we don't have all the answers (such as if nitro didn't fit in well with the team chemistry), but I would rather these NA teams continue to improve and get more diverse than just iBP and c9.

They did that with one player, nitr0. Adren and desi were stand ins, they knew that when they chose to play for ibp. Taking on nitro is too big of a risk for ibp, yeah he looked promising but it takes time to develop that consistency. Ibp haven't gotten past groups in the majors, dazed and hiko are 24 years old or so, they don't wannna wait 4-5 months on the hope that nitro becomes a solid player if not a star.

MayMay

Banned
I don't play casual but what's the problem with using AWPs in it? People need to practice it somewhere. I always give away my AWP if I pick one up because I'm not confident with it, but there are many times where it would likely have helped me to use one.

If you want to practice AWPing, offline bot match or aim maps - or even just Deathmatch. The problem with AWPs in casual is that it's a very overused weapon. Like, if you have more than 8 AWPs in the game something is wrong lol. That's the reason most servers in 1.6 and Source (and probably even Community servers in CSGO) restrict it to 1 AWP per team.

Uriah

The problem is that instead of dealing with 1 or 2 AWPs like in competitive you are often dealing with 4 or 5. The bonus cash makes it such an easy pick up.

KingKong

the trick to using the AWP in comp is to make sure you die or switch weapons before any of your teammates get the chance to spectate you

Omega

Banned
Just played a match on FACEIT. god damn 128tick feels so much better. I don't know if I ever want to play MM again.

After playing that match I no longer feel like I'm doing something wrong regarding my aim. it's my shots not registering. Got 5 clutches, almost an ace and I was hitting all my shots.

I was a little wary of playing, because I've heard in ESEA you just get these assholes that think they're shroud and Hiko. I figured FACEIT would be the same if not worse since it's free. aside from 1 teammate who talked shit despite me carrying him, it was a fun game between both teams.

recommend everyone give it at least one try.

lmao. Not even that bad compared to something that happened in one of my matches on Cache. We got bad info that the guy was rotating to B through T spawn so my teammate is sitting heaven. The guy comes through mid to CT and with 15 seconds left has clear shots on my teammate not moving, he keeps shooting but doesn't even hit him once.

we thought it was a decoy, he turns around at the end of the round and there goes the terrorist dude lol

haveheart

Banned
It seems I can't win anymore.

I lost 5 out of my 6 last bets.

I lost every MM game since Thursday. I don't play that bad, I'm always second or first. Also my team's not always that bad - aside from usual afks or ragequitters/griefers. But it just won't pay off.

I'm not even angry, I'm more perplexed...

Maybe I should take a pause from CS:GO for a while...

If you want to practice AWPing, offline bot match or aim maps - or even just Deathmatch. The problem with AWPs in casual is that it's a very overused weapon. Like, if you have more than 8 AWPs in the game something is wrong lol. That's the reason most servers in 1.6 and Source (and probably even Community servers in CSGO) restrict it to 1 AWP per team.

The problem is that instead of dealing with 1 or 2 AWPs like in competitive you are often dealing with 4 or 5. The bonus cash makes it such an easy pick up.
Ok, yeah I can see that being an issue.

trolho

Neo Member
Eh, I don't really trade my items a lot. Does this mean you have to wait a week to sell a gun you just got from a drop or case though?

This does suck for people who trade a lot. I wonder how this will effect people who bet on CSGL a lot.

This won't affect CSGL much, since the restriction only applies to purchased weapons apparently. Unless there are a lot of people buying weapons off the market place and betting them afterwards.

cHinzo

Do you offer private classes? I'd pay $20 for one of your sessions.

I'm sure we can arrange something. Here are the stories of some satisfied customers:

I deranked to GN3 last night, and I've been playing pretty good lately too...

Man the past few days I am playing the worst counter strike of my life.

I recently got deranked from MGE to MG 1

It seems I can't win anymore.

Top Bottom