• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Yay VP! :D

Hit me a milestone last night:
KpVqNMb.jpg

Might be time to retire >.>

I hit one too! Keep playing and join me...
ioaKZ4z.png

Hixx

Buy a p90, start shooting at the general vicinity of the enemy and never stop running.

Don't listen to this idiot.

Buy an MP7 and do the same. You get the feel of 30-clip rounds so your experience is very similar to the rifle users but you will get TWICE the money for kills they do so you will be rich as fuck and be able to buy everyone a Zeus every round!

Don't listen to this idiot.

Buy an MP7 and do the same. You get the feel of 30-clip rounds so your experience is very similar to the rifle users but you will get TWICE the money for kills they do so you will be rich as fuck and be able to buy everyone a Zeus every round!
I'd argue mp7 is slightly above dumpster-tier.

Had one of the worst streaks of my life, in any game ever, yesterday. Seriously, fuck CSGO MM.

I just got to GN1, because even though I'm halfway decent at this game, MM is filled with absolute scrubs. But this, this was on another level of scrubbery, so I got demoted back down to SEM.

My first two games were shit. I played like shit, my team played like shit. We lost pretty bad, 10 point spread on one of them.

The third game is where I got insanely pissed off. I never yell at people when they fuck up, because, obviously, I'm still pretty fresh time-wise to the game and it wasn't long ago I sucked really bad. Seemingly, nobody had a mic, so I was calling out some plays. "split A?", everybody went off and did their own thing. That's cool, my strategies aren't always perfect and I don't expect people to listen to them. "let's save this round", everybody force buys while we're getting crushed 1-6 and for some reason they think force buying is a good idea. I'm like alright fine, I guess this is a loss since these guys want to go and do whatever they want; I wasn't even mad about it at this point. I didn't say a thing about them not pulling a strategy off or how bad we were doing.

I eventually got mad because I made a poor call (this guy threw a smoke down to defuse a bomb; I estimated there were about 6-7 seconds left, so I could probably scare him off without rushing in, but he ended up defusing) and suddenly, everybody has a fucking mic and everybody is telling me how shitty I am. "Launchpad you fucking suck", chat is filled with hate messages. I'm not proud to admit I lost it and started yelling at them because they can't pull off a decent fucking play and they chew me out for a bad call that cost us a round when we're not even going to win. Then they were said "Launchpad if you dont get a kill this round we're kicking you" - because kicking the best player on your team is a great way to win. I just laughed and said "I don't give a shit you scrubs", ran out and got shot up. At least by kicking me they put me out of my misery.

The last match I played in this four game shitstreak was against three players who had kicked two AFKs, so they had two bots. I was doing insanely well for half the match, when suddenly my team started behaving like mongoloids thinking we had already won; one of them went AFK, and everybody else was just playing like shit. I even ended up sucking right around the 3/4 mark of the game, and we ended up losing. I was crushed after this match and I'm not sure when I'll be able to return to CSGO...

So, to the guy who wants to know how to avoid the shitty community, the only way to do that is to not play. Sorry man.

Silver 3 scrub here.

Only 15 or so competitive wins so far, I think I kinda understand the general strategy that needs to be applied, but I can't aim for shit yet. Any tips that can help a dumpster-tier noob?

http://csgo-stats.com/chuckdoto/

There are some good videos on YouTube for shooting. My first tip is to set up a custom crosshair, one that's really small; there are some generators for crosshairs online that show you what it would look like then you just copy-paste the code into the console. Smaller is typically better, but everyone has their own style, so play around with that.

Two more basic things you should know: know when to spray and know the sprays. Knowing when to spray is the more important element. Depending on the distance and the type of gun you're using, your fire rate should be different: if the enemy is far away and you're using a rifle, you'll want to stick to single shots; if they're medium range, you'll want to burst (3-4 rounds, then like the recoil reset); if they're up close, just go full auto; and if you're using SMGs or anything non-rifle, be cognizant that you're accuracy is not very good so you'll not want to take many people on from far or even medium range at times. It's all very situational and you'll learn to pick up on that as time goes on; these rules aren't set in stone, but they're the basic ones beginners should abide by.

The second thing I mentioned, knowing the spray, is important as well, but it's not as important to know every spray pattern for every gun. Basically, just know the general spray pattern of the AK-47 and the M4, since those are the two guns you'll be using 50-60% of the time. Go into a custom lobby, spray a wall, and see where the bullets go. The spray pattern will always remain the same for all guns, always. Memorize those two and you'll be set. Also, pistols don't have spray patterns, so if you're up close just go crazy; I would still advise against spraying at long range because pistols are deadly accurate and you'll want to make your shots count before someone makes theirs count.

Oh, and I guess there's the other basic stuff: aim for the head, stop-aim-shoot, crouching increases accuracy, etc. Things also get more advanced and going into more detail would probably take up a lot more time; watching a video would be better. Just stick with the game though, because a lot of what makes a person great is developing game sense, which comes with experience.

Odah

Banned
Alright gaf, wish me luck D:

33267a9995.png

I watched the vods of them playing against Titan and they did pretty good imo. Odds are insane...

They play for qualifier, they got nothing to lose :D

rugioh

Banned
I eventually got mad because I made a poor call (this guy threw a smoke down to defuse a bomb; I estimated there were about 6-7 seconds left, so I could probably scare him off without rushing in, but he ended up defusing) and suddenly, everybody has a fucking mic and everybody is telling me how shitty I am. "Launchpad you fucking suck", chat is filled with hate messages.

LMAO thats the classic. No one bothers to communicate positions or strats, never say what they're watching and where they get picks, but when you make a mistake on a 1v1 all of a sudden they come out of the woodwork to yell and flame. That is the only thing in this game that can make me lose it.

RefigeKru

Banned
I seem to get more kills and overall play better since getting ranked Silver 4 after my tenth game, but my teams suck more and more - even though they're trying bless them.

Rivitur

Banned
I seem to get more kills and overall play better since getting ranked Silver 4 after my tenth game, but my teams suck more and more - even though they're trying bless them.
Just thank your lucky stars that you weren't ranked silver 1 like me. That is a dark, dark, sad place with people who are trying but they just suck.

So let's get 15people today and play a GAF game : 3

Silver 3 scrub here.

Only 15 or so competitive wins so far, I think I kinda understand the general strategy that needs to be applied, but I can't aim for shit yet. Any tips that can help a dumpster-tier noob?

Honestly at lower levels, don't even worry about strats. Nobody knows the smokes or the timing to pull them off, plus getting random to listen is almost impossible. Best thing to do is work on is your aim and positioning; if you can win your fights and have decent aim, you can carry teams. Play DM, aim maps, and other things such as that. Work on your aim, spray control, having good positioning, and all that good stuff. When it comes to strats, just watch the pros play, you learn a lot from watching these games. Also WarOwl and ardeN have some great guides and tutorials.

Silver 3 scrub here.

If you improve your aim, you're going to rank up and be a better player. Here's a basic primer on some ways to improve your aim.

How to aim and positioning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9mvXfnY8wU

For smoothing out your reaction aiming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=50&v=umro4eXble0

n0thing on sray recoil control and general spray mechanics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3jAOcjIBfk

This must be coupled with intimate map knowledge and knowledge of angles/positions/rotation times and paths. Much of this knowledge comes from playing matches or casual. Casual can give you bad habits for aiming and taking sites, but it can also put you into positions where you have to pre-aim lots of spots (like you should be doing in a real match) simply because there are so many more opponents.

^agreed with forerunner. Strats aren't as important as you'd think at the lower levels. Coupled with site rushes, 'Picking' and playing off of picks should be able to get you to DMG

Odah

Banned
Cobblestone = on french territory = Swedes = Vikings = vikins don't like to be on land cus water = Castle is on Rock = rock beats water = vikings fear of castles = swedes will lose.

It's all maths.

Rivitur

Banned
Twist needs a better team : 3
Logic is French will wave the white flag outside of castle walls.
Also I believe Napoleon is one of the cobble statues. (The one with the bare ass :p)

Omikron

I'm wondering about the ranks system and pondering the fact maybe the system hasn't changed all that much.

What i think has happened is a ban wave has created a lack of players in the upper brackets, causing a shift upwards for those lower. Then because we escaped the smurf hell of nova1, have ended up playing more genuine groups and holding our own.

Also working as a team and winning, mainly sticking to the maps we play well, Mirage / cache / inferno. :p

Mokoi

Banned
Sometimes I like using volvo DM servers, but damm it just keeps getting worse. Lagging with 400+ ping. I shall blame valve servers because community servers are fine.
Xve0w8E.png

Top Bottom