• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

clav

De-Ranking.

Ugh. Played a next match with a really good set of people, so I finished last. Now the game says I'm in cooldown mode.

Not good. I don't consider myself at all decent, and now I probably can't play competitive again unless I lose while listening to strangers berating my fps skill set.

Actually, I'm finding competitive full of anger. Some people can't complete a game without getting mad at someone. Is this normal? How do you guys cope with competitive's salty nature?

MayMay

Banned
Ugh. Played a next match with a really good set of people, so I finished last. Now the game says I'm in cooldown mode.

Not good. I don't consider myself at all decent, and now I probably can't play competitive again unless I lose while listening to people berating my fps skill set.

The placement matches until you get a skillgroup can be pretty tough and weird.. game is pretty much trying out ranks for you. So expect to get stomped every now and then.

But afterwards things should be a bit better - once you have the skillgroup and all that.

You get a 24h cooldown after 2 wins. That stops once you get a skillgroup though, which is after 10 wins.

Also, most of us don't really soloqueue - at least I dont. 99% of the time I'm in a full group of people I know. The 1% when I solo are the times I want to uninstall the game and hang myself.

clav

The placement matches until you get a skillgroup can be pretty tough and weird.. game is pretty much trying out ranks for you. So expect to get stomped every now and then.

But afterwards things should be a bit better - once you have the skillgroup and all that.

You get a 24h cooldown after 2 wins. That stops once you get a skillgroup though, which is after 10 wins.

Also, most of us don't really soloqueue - at least I dont. 99% of the time I'm in a full group of people I know. The 1% when I solo are the times I want to uninstall the game and hang myself.

Oh. I thought it would be like Halo where it's OK to solo.

I'm weird.

Ah well. Maybe I only belong in casual then.

MayMay

Banned

I'm weird.

In my opinion, casual is even worse. But it's easier to deal with stuff in casual because it is not focused on teamwork - so you can just mute all the kids and assholes. Its just mindless running around shooting ppl in that mode.

I would not lose faith in comp though. Find a group, or pray for the best while soloing - and you'll learn to play one of the most fun and rewarding team-focused games out there. (In the 5v5 comp mode, not talking about the casual one here lol)

clav

In my opinion, casual is even worse. But it's easier to deal with stuff in casual because it is not focused on teamwork - so you can just mute all the kids and assholes. Its just mindless running around shooting ppl in that mode.

I would not lose faith in comp though. Find a group, or pray for the best while soloing - and you'll learn to play one of the most fun and rewarding team-focused games out there. (In the 5v5 comp mode, not talking about the casual one here lol)

You get used to the screaming assholes in solo, but in some games it's better just to disable voice chat and hope it ends quickly.

What lured me was the voice aspect of it. I miss the old Halo days when everyone actually wanted to use mics to talk.

I just hate the nasty attitudes that come from playing. Whatever happened to games just being games?

frbrr

What lured me was the voice aspect of it. I miss that in the old Halo days when everyone actually wanted to use mics to talk.

I just hate the nasty attitudes that come from playing. Whatever happened to games just being games?

just try to find at least one person to queue with, it makes it much more bearable!

clav

just try to find at least one person to queue with, it makes it much more bearable!

Problem is the other person I know who plays this game is like master guardian or something.

I think I'm just at silver/gold level.

Still need some matches for a true rank, so we'll see.

cHinzo

I'm weird.

Nah solo is fine if u can handle it. Not everyone is a douche. I've gotten some pretty nice teammates when playing solo, but just be prepared for a game with total silence or some raging people. Just mute whoever starts raging or flaming. U can do this by holding tab, clicking the right mouse button, hover the cursor to the rager's name, left click and press mute.

Mokoi

Banned
Look bro bish stated enough. SO enough. I don't even know, but just enough. Just enough.

anyway sensitivity is strongas. I'm drunk but just thread was chill for long time so enough. I will no longer post until I reach silver 5 but it shall be soon. <3 everyone.

Ensirius

Got VAC error again, got kicked out of a game with 2 rounds left to win.
I am getting fucking tired of this bullshit.

EDIT: Great, now I got a 24 hour ban from MM.

Nah solo is fine if u can handle it. Not everyone is a douche. I've gotten some pretty nice teammates when playing solo, but just be prepared for a game with total silence or some raging people. Just mute whoever starts raging or flaming. U can do this by holding tab, clicking the right mouse button, hover the cursor to the rager's name, left click and press mute.

I agree! Soloq isn't too bad. I've solo all my mm matches. Yes, I've gotten my fair share of BS matches (derankers, toxic players, bad players, and etc). However, in my experience I haven't had problems overcoming it. The soloq pretty much matches what'll you find compared to other games.

Obviously though, you should group up if you can.

LMFAO NA "pro" players

jesus christ the salt <3

ayy lmao

Ludono

I have a question about DM.... when you die does it spawn you near the person that killed you on purpose or am I just imagining things?

I was playing Dust 2 DM and just hanging out on A site awping people as they came up cat or long. Killed a guy on Cat, he spawned on long, I killed him long, then he spawned behind me and killed me....and then I spawn behind HIM and knifed him.

Just stupid lol

MayMay

Banned
Odd match from yesterday

2e8bc0b13b.jpg

Poor Lumpy - must've been a boring match for him. Did not seem like a deranker, just like someone that legitimately did not know what he's doing xD

MayMay

Banned
Why do they keep calling the Museum apartments in the Gfinity stream? There's no apartments on Cobblestone. Weird.

Also - "henhut". That's a new one I never heard before.

Edit: And now they called long a apartments.

???

cHinzo

Man, people in Eagle only uses either a Deagle, Zeus or Knives... Where are the quality games? -_-

Flusha's 1 vs 3 was amazing on Cobble. 3 seconds left!

MayMay

Banned
Well shit, that boost at long B to check above the smoke...

I want to try that.

Edit: Oh JW, that teamkill tho. The comeback starts here!

Top Bottom