• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

Robot Pants

You know, this situation with opskins.com is really upsetting to me. As SOON as I put my shit up there, the site goes under basically and looks like I'm gonna lose my skins.
Awesome

udiie

It's certainly weird that valve went after opskins
Seems like one of the few sites set up as a service
It'd be nice to see them put that effort into fixing mm issues

MayMay

Banned
It's certainly weird that valve went after opskins
Seems like one of the few sites set up as a service
It'd be nice to see them put that effort into fixing mm issues

I was literally about to put my knife on OP skins but 5 minutes before that they took the site offline because the bots got blocked.

Id be so pissed if my knife was stuck on their bots now

Robot Pants

I was literally about to put my knife on OP skins but 5 minutes before that they took the site offline because the bots got blocked.

Id be so pissed if my knife was stuck on their bots now

Heh.

Master Piece MW
Fire Serpent FT
Two M9 Bayonets. MW & Vanilla

Look to be lost. I'm ECSTATIC.

Robot Pants

Oh, fuck.

Yeah, I was looking at putting my hyper beast on there just the other day. Thankfully I lucked out.

:~(

Tell me about it.
I'm at least hoping Valve unlocks the bots just so we can at least get our items back.
That's like a potential 2 million dollars in items that could be potentially spent in steam.
They might make an example out of trying to use third party websites with OPSkins, or they might want that money for themselves.

We will see.

Tell me about it.
I'm at least hoping Valve unlocks the bots just so we can at least get our items back.
That's like a potential 2 million dollars in items that could be potentially spent in steam.
They might make an example out of trying to use third party websites with OPSkins, or they might want that money for themselves.

We will see.

OPskins will always exist until valve allows people to get the true value from items or until they stop making the items so rare that people will pay $2k for a knife.

By banning OPskins all they have accomplished is shut down a way for people to avoid getting scammed. Now more people will be scammed for items and more people will be upset.

Honestly there is no positive to banning OPskins. People are still going to try to sell items for market value, and a large amount of skins still go for $500+.

Has valve ever said what the reason is that they can't have items go for over $400 on Steam? Is it a legal thing?

What they are probably going to do is start making knives drop a lot more frequently or allow you to add finishes to knives for a fee. Im surprised they haven't done that in the past.

Cruncho

Yah. Cyrex is equivalent rarity and far cheaper.
Cyrex has also been out almost a year at this point. The cheapness probably has a lot to do with the release of the hyperbeast. As long as the new operation case don't have another red m4a1s you're probably okay :p

udiie

late night solo d2 = international championships
0VrEPPH.jpg

Kar

Prefiring blatant aimbotter with a headshot is like the most satisfying shit ever.
The cheater is like "say goodbye to your acc".
The fucking irony.

KingKong

huge opportunity for (new) mappers does sound like an easier way to get their maps into the game so maybe they are changing the way operations work

CS:GO ported to Source 2 with a user-friendly map editor! Permanent Operation maps with a two week rotation voted in by users!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe...ne_on_twitter_csgo_mappers_especially/cre1cf2

Not to rain on the parade here, but this isn't related to Source 2.

I personally don't think Source 2 for CS:GO is even a good idea. Changing engines mid-game is way more difficult than most realize. This will be a huge opportunity for mappers, that's what I'll say for now :D

So, I'm leaning towards a shake up the way operations work

or maybe it's not even Valve related at all :p

frbrr

Did map creators ever get paid if their maps were included in an operation or no?

With Valve I always assume the worst and have to think this includes some paid maps or something.

paid maps would be a great way to kill the competitive scene :/

and yeah, mapmakers are paid well if the map makes it into an operation, that fmpone guy does it full time iirc.

Ludono

10 - 1 Acer > Fnatic right now.... what is happening o_O

Best of 3 but still..... Would be funny if they win with their 5% odds :D

cHinzo

Did you bet it? :eek:

I'd have done it were it a BO1 but BO3 Fnatic *should* take it back easily but...they're playing pretty bad right now o_O

Nope, I'm out of skins. D:

Just tried playing on ESEA. The matchmaking seem... unbalanced. :d U get people who frag 30+ every game combined with people struggling to get double digit kills lol. People also seem to bait more and trade less...

Kar

Just had a match against Delpan (yeah, the real Delpan) in MM.

God we were so close to win this. If this Artykiller is legit, hes playing like nothing I have ever seen before, hes crazy.
Im Nos btw.

Top Bottom