• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling, VACations, Giveaways & DDoS

MayMay

Banned
Finally had a nice play for the montage.. lol gonna upload later

Here it is, I thought that was neat. Nothing special or anything but it's the only halfway decent clutch I actually remembered to save after it happened haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaKt1c3kzdY

Guess that's my entry for the montage.. might be having more soon though.

Also, fuck. There's a guy called Mayyhem or some shit on here so my name won't be changed to Mayhem ;_; Gonna be stuck with EzioCroft forever.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I dropped $85 bucks on cases over a few days this week, got a FT Wasteland Rebel AK-47, BS StatTrak Redline AK-47, and a FT Awp Asiimov :p.. so I made like $50 in profit.

Man I wish I had that luck when I binged a couple months ago :p.

Still thinking about just buying a huntsman knife, one knife for each side ;)

Here it is, I thought that was neat. Nothing special or anything but it's the only halfway decent clutch I actually remembered to save after it happened haha

Also, fuck. There's a guy called Mayyhem or some shit on here so my name won't be changed to Mayhem ;_; Gonna be stuck with EzioCroft forever.

Buys and AWP but no kit. You don't deserve that badge! :p

Haroon

Damn, that's a lot of people without custom knives. I was thinking about giving everyone a knife, but I feel that it's a bit out of me league to spend about 600 to 700 dollara atm.

In other news, it turns out that the best awper in csgo uses the same settings I do, lol.

Ludono

Damn, that's a lot of people without custom knives. I was thinking about giving everyone a knife, but I feel that it's a bit out of me league to spend about 600 to 700 dollara atm.

In other news, it turns out that the best awper in csgo uses the same settings I do, lol.

Santa Atsuo! BS Safari Gut Knives for everyone! :D

Because he is you?

Conspiracy

MayMay

Banned

Just give me one, screw the others!!

Haroon

Santa Atsuo! BS Safari Gut Knives for everyone! :D

Because he is you?

Conspiracy

Haha. I don't think that I'll do it atm though. I might buy a knife, and have some type of a competition between you guys to decide the winner.

Just give me one, screw the others!!

Lol, I can not single people out like that :/

Atsuo best awper confirmed

share da settings

It's pretty much 2.20 sensitivity, 400 DPI, 500hz, Windows six notches.

MayMay

Banned
I'm at 800DPI and ingame sensitivity is 4. Sounds pretty high at first, but it's just right for me - I cant aim with my arm for shit. Aiming with my wrist all the way, but I'm still very accurate that way.

Hah yea, I was joking.

Morzak

How many people here are still using default knife?

Only standard Knife for me. Seems like most in here don't have a Knife and I told myself, that I won't open cases anymore and they are way to expensive on the market to be worth it.

Divius

Dgml8tO.png

All these shitty skins.

Maybe I should go on a ICB spree.

CoolS

Some unfortunate misses, but your kills all were great shots. Sorry about your name though :(

Haha. I don't think that I'll do it atm though. I might buy a knife, and have some type of a competition between you guys to decide the winner.

It's pretty much 2.20 sensitivity, 400 DPI, 500hz, Windows six notches.
Lol, making CS:GO Gaf your bitch just for your amusement ;).

And what's your zoom_sensitivity_ratio? That changes your sens when scoping.

Haroon

Lol, making CS:GO Gaf your bitch just for your amusement ;).

And what's your zoom_sensitivity_ratio? That changes your sens when scoping.

It's at 0.80, but I have been thinking about changing it to 0.90. Not 100% sure yet though.
I think resolution factors into it as well. I was using 16:10, but I am swapping to 4:3 at 1024x768.

After many many years of not play counter strike I picked up CS:GO. Can someone break down to me the whole item system in the game? It's very confusing. Do I unlock new weapons as I play now? I noticed a couple weapons can be swapped like M4A4 with the M4A1-S, do I unlock more of these or is this just for model swaps/texture swaps of existing weapons? If so, why would I not just download custom skins for the game from a 3rd party website?

cHinzo

B-but KennyS is the best!

After many many years of not play counter strike I picked up CS:GO. Can someone break down to me the whole item system in the game? It's very confusing. Do I unlock new weapons as I play now? I noticed a couple weapons can be swapped like M4A4 with the M4A1-S, do I unlock more of these or is this just for model swaps/texture swaps of existing weapons? If so, why would I not just download custom skins for the game from a 3rd party website?

Okay first thing is that you don't need to unlock anything. All guns are available to you from the get go.

As you noticed, there are a few guns which offer alternates. You can swap the silenced M4A1-S for the M4A4, the silenced USP for the P2000 etc. Some are team specific. For example, on the terrorist side you can replace the Tec-9 with the CZ-75. On the CT side, you can replace the FN 5-7 with the CZ-75. You should experiment with the swappable weapons to see which suits you the best.

All the other skins you see in the game are purely cosmetic. They just replace the textures on the default models.

All the other skins you see in the game are purely cosmetic. They just replace the textures on the default models.

Checking out the marketplace, why are some so expensive? What would make a weapon skin (Some actually look like new models though) so valuable? I think I saw some going for over $200. Getting these skins are completely random, right?

Morzak

Checking out the marketplace, why are some so expensive? What would make a weapon skin (Some actually look like new models though) so valuable? I think I saw some going for over $200. Getting these skins are completely random, right?

The skins have different "qualities" or "rarity", which means some skins are very rare (knifes for example), which makes them expensive in the Market place, the rare skins are basically locked in the cases that drop while playing, You can open those with keys that are 2 euros a piece.

Maybe this link helps to explain it more: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169698044

I wouldn't get to much into case opening the chance of getting good skins is very low :/

The monetary value of the skins, like anything in life, is what a buyer is willing to pay for it. The skins that cost more are rare or they look good or both. You will get random skin drops just by playing the game. However, the 'better' skins are only found in crates that you open with keys.

I'm not sure how much you know about Valve's crate system but it's basically gambling. You get crates to drop for you while playing the game. You have to buy a key from Valve (or other players) for up to $2.49 each. One key opens one crate. Each crate has a pool of skins and opening one will give you one of those skins. If you're lucky, you can get a very rare one that can cost hundreds of dollars. Most of the time you will get something that is worth far less than the $2.49 key you spent to open the crate in the first place. Like I said, it's basically gambling. Knife skins are the most expensive because they have the lowest chance of 'dropping' from a crate.

The good news is, all this is purely cosmetic and does not affect the game in any way. You are free to ignore it entirely and just play normally.

Top Bottom